All Star Game

Discussion of Jr Gold (HS Aged Teams Sanctioned by USA Hockey)

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

hockeyfanatic11

All Star Game

Post by hockeyfanatic11 »

give me players from teams other then tonka and SLP who you think can be in it? Teams such as EP Edina Burnsville Lakeville
kingpin

Post by kingpin »

Norman from tonka and Pemberton and culp form slp :lol:

goalies is the question. top ones are Eagan goalie, SLP goalie, burnsville goalie, Edina goalie
just a fan of hockey

Post by just a fan of hockey »

Don't forget about Jefferson, WBL, Stillwater, Centennial - the guys all stuck in the middle of the pack? There is alot of parity in the league for a reason - there are some players on all those teams too. I think each team gets at least 1 player and up to 3 in the selection process. Let's try not to pimp our own team - it means more when you are noticed by your opponent. I'll weigh in later....
ballhog

Post by ballhog »

For the defensemen I'm going to name wayzata's #4, tonka's #12 and lewis from edina (#17 I think)
just a fan of hockey

ballhog wrote:For the defensemen I'm going to name wayzata's #4, tonka's #12 and lewis from edina (#17 I think)
I would agree
xxV4xx

Post by xxV4xx »

kingpin wrote:Norman from tonka and Pemberton and culp form slp :lol:

goalies is the question. top ones are Eagan goalie, SLP goalie, burnsville goalie, Edina goalie
My top 5 team list with best goalies on a team in NO particular order
1.stillwater
2. Burnsville
3.Edina
4. Ep
5. WBL

teams i havent seen goalies from SLP, Wayzata, Eagan
best goal pad out there...... V4
BlJGA

Post by BlJGA »

Even though Blaines record isn't that great, they are playing most teams tough and they have a good goalie, 34 and two forwards 4, 24 that are pretty good.
aroundtherink

Post by aroundtherink »

Edina, Wayzata, Minnetonka.

They have the fewest goals allowed, so their goaltending must be solid
just a fan of hockey

aroundtherink wrote:Edina, Wayzata, Minnetonka.

They have the fewest goals allowed, so their goaltending must be solid
Logic would have it - and they are solid.

But dont forget about the teams that do not have as strong a supporting cast - if you are gonna make a comment it should be based on what youv'e seen, not what youv'e read.
Ride4Life

Post by Ride4Life »

BlJGA wrote:Even though Blaines record isn't that great, they are playing most teams tough and they have a good goalie, 34 and two forwards 4, 24 that are pretty good.
Aren't you from Blaine? I think so, your tender isn't that solid at all..
BlJGA

Post by BlJGA »

Ahh....lets see yes he is. Ask the SLP and Eden Prairie teams that just played against us the last two nights.

SLP put 31 shots on him and didn't score a goal. The # 2 goalie was pulled around 1 min. into the game and the score was 2-0 SLP at the time. Final score 2-2.

Tonight final score 3-2 eden prairie and the shots were around 35-20(estimate).

IMO he is one of the top in the league, just sayin. I would take him over your goalie any time.
Last edited by BlJGA on Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hockey relic

Post by hockey relic »

BlJGA wrote:Ahh....lets see yes he is. Ask the SLP and Eden Prairie teams that just played against us the last two nights.

SLP put 31 shots on him and didn't score a goal. The # 2 goalie was pulled around 1 min. into the game and the score was 2-0 SLP at the time. Final score 2-2.

Tonight final score 3-2 eden prairie and the shots were around 40 - 10 (estimate).

IMO he is one of the top in the league, just sayin. I would take him over your goalie any time.
That is strange, the score board (run by a Blaine parent) showed the shots were 29-23 EP

Or did you not attend the Blaine/EP game tonight @ Fogarty?
The Guy

Post by The Guy »

[quote="BlJGA"]Ahh....lets see yes he is. Ask the SLP and Eden Prairie teams that just played against us the last two nights.

Tonight final score 3-2 eden prairie and the shots were around 40 - 10 (estimate).

IMO he is one of the top in the league, just sayin. I would take him over your goalie any time.[/quote]

I don't know what game you were watching, but i believe the shots were 28-23, in favor of EP. Also, I would say that all though Blaine's goalie was making saves, he had basicily no fundamentals. I would have to agree with Ride4Life on that one.
just a fan of hockey

Ok - Blaine goalie has played well the last two games, let not take that away from the guy. Let's get back to talking about other players besides our own.[/list]
hockeyfanatic11

is there any good players from Lakeville?

Only seen them 1 game.
just a fan of hockey

hockeyfanatic11 wrote:is there any good players from Lakeville?

Only seen them 1 game.
They are pretty even across the board so hard to see anyone standout. Forwards 11, 8, 7 seem to stick out though. Goalie was really solid the first game but a little shaky the the second.
WB6162

Post by WB6162 »

My son plays on a west metro JGA team.

I'm going to cast my vote for goalie for #24 of Stillwater. He's the best Jr Gold goalie I've seen hands down.

Why is he not playing varsity? I've seen their varisty goalies, not impressed with them at all.
rhino06

Post by rhino06 »

your own coach puts you in for this correct?
just a fan of hockey

rhino06 wrote:your own coach puts you in for this correct?
Coach nominates 3 players and ranks them - after that I think the board chooses.
WB6162

Post by WB6162 »

I've thought of a couple more players deserving (I'm not naming any of our players).

#8 Minnetonka

#21 Bloomington
just a fan of hockey

WB6162 wrote:I've thought of a couple more players deserving (I'm not naming any of our players).

#8 Minnetonka

#21 Bloomington
I concur and hats off to keeping input to outside your own team...cuz we know the players on our teams are all all-stars :lol: Just ask their mom's :lol:
ballhog

Post by ballhog »

Stillwater's goalie is definitely an All-Star
Also Champlin Park has a good goalie.
hockeyfanatic11

i dont know the guys low numbers high numbers on lakeville?

Whos good on lakeville?

not there goalie exactly
xxV4xx

Post by xxV4xx »

ballhog wrote:Stillwater's goalie is definitely an All-Star
Also Champlin Park has a good goalie.
hahaha champlins goalie is ok until you get inside or his head... or score 3 goals then he shuts down
best goal pad out there...... V4
HalfuhStar

Post by HalfuhStar »

champlin goalie is for sure one of the top goalies