Hill Murray losing another D man?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Reg7

Hill Murray losing another D man?

Post by Reg7 »

Heard a rumor another D man is leaving Hill and transferring to another private school...can anyone conferm or deny? They already lost Travis Wood...Can they afford to lose any more D?
flatontheice

Re: Hill Murray losing another D man?

Post by flatontheice »

Reg7 wrote:Heard a rumor another D man is leaving Hill and transferring to another private school...can anyone conferm or deny? They already lost Travis Wood...Can they afford to lose any more D?
You must mean Jonah Johnson. Would that really shock anyone?
54fighting

Post by 54fighting »

That would mean that the only returning D-man would be Heinrich. With an untested goalie it could be a tough go for Hill this year.
eastsideguy

Post by eastsideguy »

where is he going?
mngopherfan

Post by mngopherfan »

54fighting wrote:That would mean that the only returning D-man would be Heinrich. With an untested goalie it could be a tough go for Hill this year.
Dugas is solid, he'll do well...
Gems

Post by Gems »

eastsideguy wrote:where is he going?
Benilde
observer

Post by observer »

Hows the ol' private to private transfer work?
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

observer wrote:Hows the ol' private to private transfer work?
Same as any other transfer... have to show a change of address or sit out a season.
Pepper Johnson

Jonah Johnson Leaving?

Post by Pepper Johnson »

He had 8 pts last year! Never become the star player Hill wanted him to be. He could have been a big part of Hills team - It's easy to leave- Stay and make a name for your self.
flatontheice

Re: Jonah Johnson Leaving?

Post by flatontheice »

Pepper Johnson wrote:He had 8 pts last year! Never become the star player Hill wanted him to be. He could have been a big part of Hills team - It's easy to leave- Stay and make a name for your self.
I agree! They have two houses one on the east side one on the west. He wont have to sit out. He is following same path as his brother. Early bloomers.
Gems

Re: Jonah Johnson Leaving?

Post by Gems »

flatontheice wrote:
Pepper Johnson wrote:He had 8 pts last year! Never become the star player Hill wanted him to be. He could have been a big part of Hills team - It's easy to leave- Stay and make a name for your self.
I agree! They have two houses one on the east side one on the west. He wont have to sit out. He is following same path as his brother. Early bloomers.
Should make an interesting side story when Benilde and Hill play each other this season...
12to14

Post by 12to14 »

Hmmmm - Each year they lose players, can't make State last year and now losing all their best players before the season starts. Maybe it's time for a Coaching change??? Good Luck to Jonah, Andy, Travis, Luke and all the other ones that haven't come forward yet.
CrashDaNET

Post by CrashDaNET »

12to14 wrote:Hmmmm - Each year they lose players, can't make State last year and now losing all their best players before the season starts. Maybe it's time for a Coaching change??? Good Luck to Jonah, Andy, Travis, Luke and all the other ones that haven't come forward yet.
I am confused...Who have they lost? Are these speculations or fact?

If fact...I am having a hard time following this thread as to "Who is going Where?"
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

CrashDaNET wrote:
12to14 wrote:Hmmmm - Each year they lose players, can't make State last year and now losing all their best players before the season starts. Maybe it's time for a Coaching change??? Good Luck to Jonah, Andy, Travis, Luke and all the other ones that haven't come forward yet.

If fact...I am having a hard time following this thread as to "Who is going Where?"
Travis Wood - OHL
Luke Volin - USNTDP-17
Jonah Johnson - BSM
CrashDaNET

Post by CrashDaNET »

muckandgrind wrote:
CrashDaNET wrote:

Travis Wood - OHL
Luke Volin - USNTDP-17
Jonah Johnson - BSM
then...Who is Andy? and Where is he going?
stpaul

Hill-Murray

Post by stpaul »

Luke Voltin is the only real loss here. He left for the USA National team in Ann Arbor. No one can argue with that decision. Travis Wood was a 9th grader. Who knows how good he would have been. I'm not sure why he wants to leave home and go to Erie, Pennsylvania as a 15 yr old - but lots of talented Canadian kids leave home for Junior hockey every year. The other or others leaving just give a Varsity opportunity for someone else. They have had many good players on the JV the last 2 years that are itching for their chance. Juniors Zach LaValle and Jake Guentzel are each going to be 30 goal scorers for this team. Charlie Sampair is capable of getting 20. John Dugas and Travis Neubeck are both good enough be that next great HM goalie. There are lots of prospects to fill in those defensive spots and HM still has a great coaching staff. Hill-Murray will be fine.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Is Adam Herlofski [sp?] still around?
Scout716

Post by Scout716 »

Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:25 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rumor has it is he Moved to Anoka Area, and will look to play in Anoka this year. But - One cannot base facts on a rumor. (Thats just what I heard - as an FYI)
observer

Post by observer »

It's Andrew and originally, before attending HM, lived in St. Francis. Don't know about the Anoka rumor but that would be closer to home.
observer

Post by observer »

observer wrote:
It's Andrew and originally, before attending HM, lived in St. Francis. Don't know about the Anoka rumor but that would be closer to home.

And, what's going on over there? Read somewhere that Guentzel may be gone as the family has sold their house in Woodbury. I agree they'll be a good team but they're taking some heavy hits. Not top 5 this year as they were last.
54fighting

Post by 54fighting »

Hard to believe you can lose 4 kids that all made it as far as NY at one point or another in the select process and not be affected. The JV was average at best last year.
Johnson is a solid player. He was never given the chance to grow at Hill. Too many behind the doors deals given to younger players to entice them to come. Now they leave and it comes back to bite you. Maybe the staff should have been a little more loyal to some of the older players. Just say'n.
Good luck to Jonah.

And just a note, Sampair is the best forward they have returning. He was a victim of the same crap as Johnson last year.
observer

Post by observer »

then...Who is Andy? and Where is he going?
Andy Faust. Don't know anything about him. Maybe 12to14 does.
54fighting

Post by 54fighting »

I think he was talking about Andy Herlofsky. I believe Andy Faust is staying put at Hill.
stpaul

Hill-Murray

Post by stpaul »

Andy Faust is a nice forward. This will be his 3rd year on varsity. He had 8 goals & 16 assists last year. His dad & brother played at Hill-Murray. Willie Faust had 23 goals as a senior on that 2010 state 3rd place team. Andy is capable of that this year.
mnpuckster

Post by mnpuckster »

Charlie Sampair will tear it up this season. He can fly, has good hockey awareness, and is a smart kid. He is just maybe a little timid, so if he gets a fire lit under him, look out.....

With all these defections from the Great Hill, I think Charlie should come back where he played Bantams......