HighSchoolHockeyForums.com
The Largest Prep Hockey Message Board Community on the Web
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Who's not returning in 2011-12?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Older Topics)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
dueling21



Joined: 11 Jan 2008
Posts: 569

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 4:07 pm    Post subject: Who's not returning in 2011-12? Reply with quote

Seems like it's a good time to start the regular offseason topic of which underclassmen won't be back in 2011-12. We know of one in particular so far:

Hudson Fasching, Apple Valley (USNTDP)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
High Flyer



Joined: 17 Mar 2007
Posts: 464

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Who's not returning in 2011-12? Reply with quote

dueling21 wrote:
Seems like it's a good time to start the regular offseason topic of which underclassmen won't be back in 2011-12.


I don’t know for sure, but I’ll speculate on the following:

Lindgren
Lucia
Pedrie
Michaelson
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eastsideguy



Joined: 07 Jan 2009
Posts: 158

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the Eagan guys, are they all coming back?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Exiled One



Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 1235

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2010 USHL Draft Picks...

Futures
13 G - Zach Thompson - Denfield
14 F - AJ Michaelson - Apple Valley
23 F - Gage Torrell - Monticello
16 F - Kyle Osterberg - Lakeville South
27 G - Blake Cates - Stillwater
47 F - Jake Guentzel - Woodbury
48 D - Vince Pedrie - Apple Valley
57 F - Levi Talrico - Denfield
59 F - Grant Besse - Benilde
71 F - Max Coatta - Minnetonka
78 F - Jared Thomas - Hermantown
82 D - Jake Horton - Benilde

Entry
79 - G - Charlie Lindgren - Lakeville North
224 - F - AJ Reid - STA
229 - D - Nate Repensky - Duluth East
238 - D - Garret Schmitz - Red Lake
283 - D - Austin Rudnick - Breck
304 - D - Brian LaBlanc - Hermantown

NTDP Tryouts
D - Gage Ausmus - East Grand Forks
D - Jordan Gross - Maple Grove
G - Hunter Miska - North Branch
F - Luke Voltin - Hill-Murray
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GordonBombay99



Joined: 28 Dec 2009
Posts: 420

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Exiled One wrote:
2010 USHL Draft Picks...

Futures
13 G - Zach Thompson - Denfield
14 F - AJ Michaelson - Apple Valley
23 F - Gage Torrell - Monticello
16 F - Kyle Osterberg - Lakeville South
27 G - Blake Cates - Stillwater
47 F - Jake Guentzel - Woodbury
48 D - Vince Pedrie - Apple Valley
57 F - Levi Talrico - Denfield
59 F - Grant Besse - Benilde
71 F - Max Coatta - Minnetonka
78 F - Jared Thomas - Hermantown
82 D - Jake Horton - Benilde

Entry
79 - G - Charlie Lindgren - Lakeville North
224 - F - AJ Reid - STA
229 - D - Nate Repensky - Duluth East
238 - D - Garret Schmitz - Red Lake
283 - D - Austin Rudnick - Breck
304 - D - Brian LaBlanc - Hermantown

NTDP Tryouts
D - Gage Ausmus - East Grand Forks
D - Jordan Gross - Maple Grove
G - Hunter Miska - North Branch
F - Luke Voltin - Hill-Murray

Quite an impressive list of players.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Oldtimehockeyguy23



Joined: 03 Mar 2011
Posts: 200

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

any of the BSM guys leaving? hard to imagine any of them would because of the good chance to win state next year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
northwoods oldtimer



Joined: 21 Dec 2006
Posts: 1658

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
304 - D - Brian LaBlanc - Hermantown




Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MHGr8ness



Joined: 31 Oct 2010
Posts: 316

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Quote:
304 - D - Brian LaBlanc - Hermantown






why is it funny?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
observer



Joined: 02 Apr 2008
Posts: 1967

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the 2010-2011 list without the seniors. Looking at the class they would be in the fall. Added Fasching.

G G A T

JR - F – Hudson Fasching Apple Valley U17 NTDP
JR - F - Kyle Osterberg Lakeville South U18 NTDP (UMD) 46 7 12 19
SR - D - Brady Skjei Lakeville North U18 NTDP (MN) 47 5 13 18
SR - G - Collin Olson Apple Valley U18 NTDP 26 (15-8-1)

SR - D - Mike Reilly Holy Angels Shattuck Prep 48 13 30 43

SR – F - Austyn Young South St. Paul Sioux Falls-USHL 48 10 19 29
SR - F - Nate Arentz Lakeville North Fargo-USHL 49 4 4 8

JR - F - Jake Horton Tartan Janesville-NAHL 54 4 14 18
SR - D - Matt Pilot South St. Paul Austin-NAHL 20 1 1 2
SR - G - Brock Kautz Rochester Century Owatonna-NAHL 14 (4-7-1)

SR - D - Brandon Parker Fairbault Russell Stover 18AAA 36 4 17 21

Does everyone return? Suspected others? Change teams? Does a player like Horton get to move to the USHL?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
cadetbooster



Joined: 16 Jan 2011
Posts: 4

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

observer wrote:
Here's the 2010-2011 list without the seniors. Looking at the class they would be in the fall. Added Fasching.

G G A T

JR - F – Hudson Fasching Apple Valley U17 NTDP
JR - F - Kyle Osterberg Lakeville South U18 NTDP (UMD) 46 7 12 19
SR - D - Brady Skjei Lakeville North U18 NTDP (MN) 47 5 13 18
SR - G - Collin Olson Apple Valley U18 NTDP 26 (15-8-1)

SR - D - Mike Reilly Holy Angels Shattuck Prep 48 13 30 43

SR – F - Austyn Young South St. Paul Sioux Falls-USHL 48 10 19 29
SR - F - Nate Arentz Lakeville North Fargo-USHL 49 4 4 8

JR - F - Jake Horton Tartan Janesville-NAHL 54 4 14 18
SR - D - Matt Pilot South St. Paul Austin-NAHL 20 1 1 2
SR - G - Brock Kautz Rochester Century Owatonna-NAHL 14 (4-7-1)

SR - D - Brandon Parker Fairbault Russell Stover 18AAA 36 4 17 21

Does everyone return? Suspected others? Change teams? Does a player like Horton get to move to the USHL?


Reilly-off to USHL Sioux Falls
Arentz-possible NAHL?
Parker-possible NAHL?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iwearmysunglassesatnight



Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 314

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like you can add a current junior to the list
article listing top 10 recruiting classes for d1 hockey

http://slightlychilled.areavoices.com/?p=335

2. Minnesota (WCHA)

Notable names: A.J. Michaelson (F), Seth Ambroz (F), Ben Marshall (D)

Any year, this would win the prize for best recruiting class. Just not this year. Don Lucia has crafted and recruited a class that not only fits that whole “Minnesota-born” philosophy Gopher fans love or in some cases, love to hate, but he captured the best players that state has to offer. What Minnesota has coming through next year in Ambroz, Marshall and Michaelson alone is a lot to be proud of. Ambroz is a player that some NHL Draft experts have going in the first round and well, that’s really all that needs to be said. Marshall, for some, is the clear choice as the USHL’s best defenseman. He keeps an active stick and his positioning allows him to be near the puck whether its on the offensive or defensive end. Michaelson, who just finished his junior year at Apple Valley (Minn.), had 60 points (29 goals, 31 assists) in 25 regular season games. He turned down an invite to play for the NTDP yet will play in the USHL next season for Waterloo. Michaelson, if he had stayed, would have been a favorite to win Mr. Hockey along with being a favorite for a state title.

But there’s more players like Christian Isackson, who has been slapping kids around the USHL like they’re a Raggedy Andy doll. Then there’s the O’Reilly twins, who are speedy and have already gained a partnership with Isackson by playing on the same line as him from time-to-time. And then there’s something about some Kyle Rau kid. No one ever really writes about him, but he might have recently won a state title and some Mr. Hockey award too. Eh, hopefully the kid can get some more exposure. Cry about Lucia and what he hasn’t done the last few years all you want. Man can recruit and this class is proof. End of discussion.
_________________
Was a duster and paying for it?????
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Exiled One



Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 1235

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iwearmysunglassesatnight wrote:
looks like you can add a current junior to the list
article listing top 10 recruiting classes for d1 hockey

http://slightlychilled.areavoices.com/?p=335

2. Minnesota (WCHA)

Notable names: A.J. Michaelson (F)

He's wrong.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
iwearmysunglassesatnight



Joined: 18 Jul 2008
Posts: 314

PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="The Exiled One"][quote="iwearmysunglassesatnight"]looks like you can add a current junior to the list
article listing top 10 recruiting classes for d1 hockey

http://slightlychilled.areavoices.com/?p=335

2. Minnesota (WCHA)

Notable names: A.J. Michaelson (F)[/quote]
He's wrong.[/quote]


i hope your right.
_________________
Was a duster and paying for it?????
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mnkid



Joined: 31 Mar 2011
Posts: 1

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's Denfeld, not Denfield
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
UND



Joined: 02 Sep 2010
Posts: 33

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not sure about the eagan kids, alot of egos to manage including the coaches
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
muckandgrind



Joined: 18 Aug 2008
Posts: 1566

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard that Voltin (Hill-Murray) was invited and accepted to go to Ann Arbor next season.....can anyone confirm?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dirty Coaches



Joined: 06 Apr 2011
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UND wrote:
not sure about the eagan kids, alot of egos to manage including the coaches


You've got that right about their egos.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
The Other Bash Brother



Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 55

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirty Coaches wrote:
UND wrote:
not sure about the eagan kids, alot of egos to manage including the coaches


You've got that right about their egos.



They put your kid on JV?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
HSHockeyFan08



Joined: 27 Oct 2007
Posts: 115

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="muckandgrind"]I've heard that Voltin (Hill-Murray) was invited and accepted to go to Ann Arbor next season.....can anyone confirm?[/quote]

I know he was invited. Not sure if he accepted.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
observer



Joined: 02 Apr 2008
Posts: 1967

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dirty Coaches,

What happened to your Voltin post. He's a good player but it sounds like you're not a big fan. You made it sound like no one else is either. I hate to paraphrase but it seems like you suggested, good riddance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Dirty Coaches



Joined: 06 Apr 2011
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

observer wrote:
Hey Dirty Coaches,

What happened to your Voltin post. He's a good player but it sounds like you're not a big fan. You made it sound like no one else is either. I hate to paraphrase but it seems like you suggested, good riddance.


I didn't remove it. I've always been a BIG fan of Voltin's skills on the ice and can't wait to see him playing in the NHL some day. All I said was that not all kids can get along with each other. Maybe others are just jealous of his skills and how well he's played since his youthful days as early as a young Predator. He's respectful towards adults and hopefully that will spill over with his new teammates.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mghockey18



Joined: 08 Nov 2007
Posts: 192

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirty Coaches wrote:
observer wrote:
Hey Dirty Coaches,

What happened to your Voltin post. He's a good player but it sounds like you're not a big fan. You made it sound like no one else is either. I hate to paraphrase but it seems like you suggested, good riddance.


I didn't remove it. I've always been a BIG fan of Voltin's skills on the ice and can't wait to see him playing in the NHL some day. All I said was that not all kids can get along with each other. Maybe others are just jealous of his skills and how well he's played since his youthful days as early as a young Predator. He's respectful towards adults and hopefully that will spill over with his new teammates.


NHL? Don't get ahead of yourself buddy. College, yeah, but saying the NHL at this age, come on.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
MrBoDangles



Joined: 27 Jan 2009
Posts: 3278

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirty Coaches wrote:
observer wrote:
Hey Dirty Coaches,

What happened to your Voltin post. He's a good player but it sounds like you're not a big fan. You made it sound like no one else is either. I hate to paraphrase but it seems like you suggested, good riddance.


I didn't remove it. I've always been a BIG fan of Voltin's skills on the ice and can't wait to see him playing in the NHL some day. All I said was that not all kids can get along with each other. Maybe others are just jealous of his skills and how well he's played since his youthful days as early as a young Predator. He's respectful towards adults and hopefully that will spill over with his new teammates.

Its amazing how ugly parents will get when jealousy comes in to play.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rudy



Joined: 10 Nov 2008
Posts: 356

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Strib report Reply with quote

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/news_article/show/85758?referrer_id=32760
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nobodyonya



Joined: 17 Dec 2007
Posts: 266

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations Luke! Remember where your roots were (Dist.10) and I am sure you will represent us well....Good Luck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HighSchoolHockeyForums.com Forum Index -> Minnesota High School Hockey (Older Topics) All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 1 of 9

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Forum Rules/Reporting Offensive Posts (Updated 3/16/05)

National HS Hockey Rankings

State by State HS Hockey Profiles

USHighSchoolHockey.com

MidgetAAAHockey.com

Statewide High School Hockey Links (By State)

High School Hockey Team Links (By State)

Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by team) Minnesota High School Hockey Scores (by date)

Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (USHSHO) Minnesota High School Hockey Rankings (MinnHock)

Nationwide HS Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey Scores

Midget AAA Hockey National Rankings

NCAA D1 Men's Hockey Rankings

New England Prep School Hockey Rankings

Prep School Hockey Links

Friends of USHSHO and the Forums:

MinnHock

WisconsinPrepHockey.Net

Sponsored Links:

Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group