reebok high performance 15 rosters

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

The Other Bash Brother

Post by The Other Bash Brother »

TTpuckster wrote:
Air Force 1 wrote:Gawd I get sick of the whiners on here! "My teams should be advanced over your team because we are better even though you beat us and we didn't win any games, wa, wa, wa!"

So WIN! Winners advance, losers get put in a lower pool in this case, deal with it or win when you have the chance.

Hey AF..
How come there are some EGF players on the D15 Roster?
Did D15 not have enough kids that wanted to play this spring?
Which Kids are east siders?
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

The Other Bash Brother wrote:
TTpuckster wrote:
Air Force 1 wrote:Gawd I get sick of the whiners on here! "My teams should be advanced over your team because we are better even though you beat us and we didn't win any games, wa, wa, wa!"

So WIN! Winners advance, losers get put in a lower pool in this case, deal with it or win when you have the chance.

Hey AF..

Oops, typo, I meant District 12:

REEBOK MINNESOTA HOCKEY HIGH PERFORMANCE 15 DISTRICT TEAM ROSTER: 12 TEAM COLOR: Royal Blue

No Players Name Pos L/R 2010-11 Team

31 Nathan Peabody D East Grand Forks Bantam A
32 Trent Stengl F East Grand Forks Bantam A

Per this link:

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/docu ... r_2011.pdf
ivycreek

Post by ivycreek »

TTpuckster wrote:
The Other Bash Brother wrote:
TTpuckster wrote:
Hey AF..

Oops, typo, I meant District 12:

REEBOK MINNESOTA HOCKEY HIGH PERFORMANCE 15 DISTRICT TEAM ROSTER: 12 TEAM COLOR: Royal Blue

No Players Name Pos L/R 2010-11 Team

31 Nathan Peabody D East Grand Forks Bantam A
32 Trent Stengl F East Grand Forks Bantam A

Per this link:

http://assets.ngin.com/attachments/docu ... r_2011.pdf
Evidently they did not have enough players (at least that was what we were told at a pre-tryout meeting.) I was told they also picked up a couple from D11
The Other Bash Brother

Post by The Other Bash Brother »

I'm not sure why they played for 12. I hadn't heard anything about east siders playing elsewhere.
sadmemories20

Post by sadmemories20 »

bodman wrote:Off of the District 6 website:

Goalies:

41 - Erik Anderson -- Chaska/Chan
42 - Jake Kielly - Eden Prairie

Defense:
2 - Ryan Collins - St Louis Park
4 - Mike Gmiterko - Chanhassen
10 - Nick St Aubin - Burnsville
11 - Brady Schoo - Eden Prairie
12 - Jack Walker - Edina
14 - Dyllan Woolf - Holy Family

Forwards:
16 - Miquel Fidler - Edina
21 - Luke Lijewski - New Prague
22 - Dylan Malmquist - Edina
23 - Joey Marooney - Holy Family
24 - Matt Masterman - Edina
27 - Parker Mismash - Edina
28 - Cullen Munson - Edina
29 - Jack Murphy - Prior Lake/Savage
31 - Tyler Nanne - Edina
32 - Colton Schmidt - New Prague
34 - Jack Keely - Eden Prairie
35 - Shane Gersich - Holy Family

Well, great work! You have helped me to improve my knowledge about this field. Thank you so much for sharing.

Post by urban iceman »

Sounds like other than D-6 , D10 , and maybe one more, nobody really cares to play in the 15's anymore.
Air Force 1

Post by Air Force 1 »

TTpuckster wrote: Hey AF..
I did not know this happened. I posted what the D16 manager sent me on the D16 webpage, he didn't mention we loaned some kids out to other districts.

But that is great! More ice time for EGF kids!
Nobodyonya

Post by Nobodyonya »

urban iceman wrote:Sounds like other than D-6 , D10 , and maybe one more, nobody really cares to play in the 15's anymore.
Yes, it is quite disappointing to see that a district cannot fill out there roster and has to depend on recruiting other players from different districts. Not sure if anyone cares anymore, but there are players that do play Spring sports which develops them into better athletes. I can't speak for the 15's, but in the other age groups there were players that could of made the cut to the 54's instead decided not to tryout at all and are still skating/training while doing baseball, lacrosse, track etc. Some of these kids don't want the commitment to play 2 sports and more importantly how does the player decide which team sport to play when there is a conflict. Doubt it if either coach of this player would accept the reasoning
observer

Post by observer »

Sounds like other than D-6 , D10 , and maybe one more, nobody really cares to play in the 15's anymore.
Don't necessarily agree. What are you suggesting? What is your observation?
hockey4ever

Post by hockey4ever »

I can't speak for other players but my son is on one of the district teams. He also is a baseball player. For him and the other kids who made the festival team, plus the ones who tried out and didn't, playing in this tournament is a big deal.

In terms of conflicts with baseball there have been a few and like everything else we have managed around them. His baseball coach is very supportive and understands that in my son's case hockey is a priority. Maybe we are just lucky and have a very understanding baseball coach.

It may not be for every player but for those playing in this tournament it is a great opportunity to showcase their ability against most of the best kids in the state for their age.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

observer wrote:
Not all kids are focused on just Hockey at 15 years of age. I know of one kid (for an example) that would of missed 4-5 baseball games if he had went through the program. Probably wouldn't of been too fair to his teammates and coaches or helped his high school baseball career any.
urban iceman

Post by urban iceman »

observer wrote:
I'm suggesting that it's getting to look more and more that most hockey programs are forcing the hand of multi-sport athletes to commit to being a one sport (hockey), with the season being extended and it's putting more pressure on the player, and a lot of them are staying away from the post-post season to pursue their other sports. I mean some of these assoc blueline clubs are even starting to fundraise already overlapping the efforts of sping sports! Which is totally up to the athlete, but it does put pressure on them to be involved with it.
Bronc

Post by Bronc »

Don't necessarily agree. What are you suggesting? What is your observation?[/quote]I'm suggesting that it's getting to look more and more that most hockey programs are forcing the hand of multi-sport athletes to commit to being a one sport (hockey), with the season being extended and it's putting more pressure on the player, and a lot of them are staying away from the post-post season to pursue their other sports. I mean some of these assoc blueline clubs are even starting to fundraise already overlapping the efforts of sping sports! Which is totally up to the athlete, but it does put pressure on them to be involved with it.[/quote]

Good athletes are good athletes and parents need to step in and ensure players are not torn, buffer and support diversity in activities. They can be torn, because they let themselves be torn. Some of it is the boys falling in love and wanting to play only one sport (again Mom & Dad need to be the voice of reason and keep them well rounded with other activities not just other sports), but many times it is Mom or Dad afraid jr is going to fall behind. Come tryout time they may be at the peak of their performance, but the good coaches know who the best athletes are (even if they have been playing other sports) and may not be polished, but the cream will rise to the top once they get into it.

The boys are still kids, I hope either the parents save the boys from themselves or vice a versa.
timcorbin21

Post by timcorbin21 »

The economy is probably playing a part as well. i've noticed camps and clinics that have lost some clients.
the high performance/select/advanced programs have done a great job. No doubt there's politics but its cleaner than most of the local associations or districts.
OU812

Post by OU812 »

timcorbin21 wrote:The economy is probably playing a part as well. i've noticed camps and clinics that have lost some clients.
the high performance/select/advanced programs have done a great job. No doubt there's politics but its cleaner than most of the local associations or districts.
I totally agree. There have always been some kids who choose to not try out for Select 15's. As for politics, overall I think the coaches do a very good job with selections based on the on-ice performance. Most of the best kids are going to be right there in New Hope. This is a great program. Looking forward to the weekend.

Btw, I predict a D6 vs D10 final. Of course, I could be wrong . . .
Tuuk2score

Post by Tuuk2score »

I like hockey4ever's post !!!! well said.... All these 15 yr old hockey players have all kinds of things going on besides hockey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Trust me between d6 and d2 and d10 95% of these kids are busy with other things than just hockey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Proud of all the young men that are taking part of the New Hope weekend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "GREAT HOCKEY'' AND GREAT KIDS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

Anyone have the scores from this weekend in New Hope ?
D3Dude

Post by D3Dude »

D10 plays D2 for the championship tomorrow

Semis:
D10 over D8 (8-3)
D2 over D6 (5-4)
bodman

Post by bodman »

d2 beats d10 3-2 for the championship. d8 beats d6 in a shootout for third place. Great hockey in New Hope this weekend.
urban iceman

Post by urban iceman »

Where can you see stats for this tournament?
SomeLikeItHot

Post by SomeLikeItHot »

SomeLikeItHot wrote:
Chuck Norris Fan wrote:D10

Don't have the names but

Elk River 4 F 1 D
Blaine 1 F 1 D 1 G
Andover 2 F 1 G
Rogers 2 D 1 F
Centennial 3 F 1 D 1 G
Shattuck 1 D
Totino Grace 2 F

Scored 18 goals in 2 games.... should be team to beat this weekend
Jinx
Jinx
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

urban iceman wrote:Where can you see stats for this tournament?
Yes, I would like to see them also.

Is there a website we are missing?
observer

Post by observer »

Probably not going to happen.

16s and 17s are managed by MN Hockey and those stats found their way to the Hockey Hub which is a high school focused site.

15s are run by Minnesota Hockey and although there are rosters and schedules on the MN Hockey site the Hub didn't pick up coverage as a lot of the players are still youth (bantam) instead of High School. Teams are organized by youth district and not high school section like the 16s and 17s.
D3Dude

Post by D3Dude »

No published stats @ this level.... wide range of teams.... some very strong/skilled teams and some very weak teams.

Congratulations to District 2 on winning the whole thing... very impressive team.

Best wishes to all players with the next step in the process.
Mailman

Post by Mailman »

D3Dude wrote:No published stats @ this level.... wide range of teams.... some very strong/skilled teams and some very weak teams.

Congratulations to District 2 on winning the whole thing... very impressive team.

Best wishes to all players with the next step in the process.
Does the list of those going to St. Cloud get published online ?