New team at Vadnais

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MrBoDangles

New team at Vadnais

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:47 am

Any info?

League?

Team name?

huville

Post by huville » Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:30 pm

They are the Minnesota Wildcats from the MNJHL. The very same Wildcats that managed to win an amazing 15 games in 4 years playing in the MNJHL. They have the same owners they just changed their name to the Twin City Steel and are now playing in the NA3HL.

I highly recommend you stay away from this team. They are poorly run and now since they are in the NA3HL they will probably cost around 6,000-6,500 to play there (not including billeting). They are so poorly run and unorganized that they had to re-pick their 1st ever draft pick in the NA3HL draft because they didn't follow the rules. They then proceeded to select 2 players that they already owned the rights to. Talk about dumb.

Stay away.

youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 » Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:29 am

And your squad is run so much better, huville?

huville

Post by huville » Sun Jun 26, 2011 12:50 pm

I don't run a squad youngblood but I'm pretty sure if I did, I wouldn't draft the guys I already owned.

thecrew

Post by thecrew » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Players need to do their homework on any program they plan on trying out for.

observer

Post by observer » Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:55 pm

Beer League, $250

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:25 pm

observer wrote:Beer League, $250
Parenteau probably should of just played in the beer leagues instead of playing for the Lakers of the MNJHL....

LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:47 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:
Parenteau probably should of just played in the beer leagues instead of playing for the Lakers of the MNJHL....
Parenteau is a success story of a very unlikely path. Hardly any players move out of the Tier 3 MNJHL and go play D1, in fact, he is the only one in recent memory of doing so. Most of the players don't even go on to play D3, or they do and don't play much. Not bashing this newly located team, just saying kids should set their sights higher to the NAHL if they want a legitimate chance of playing college hockey someday. Tier 3 is a small step above High School Hockey in Minnesota.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:16 am

LetsPlayHockey22 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Parenteau is a success story of a very unlikely path. Hardly any players move out of the Tier 3 MNJHL and go play D1, in fact, he is the only one in recent memory of doing so. Most of the players don't even go on to play D3, or they do and don't play much. Not bashing this newly located team, just saying kids should set their sights higher to the NAHL if they want a legitimate chance of playing college hockey someday. Tier 3 is a small step above High School Hockey in Minnesota.
Very true...

The problem is that we are losing too many late bloomers in this country. The MNJHL and NA3HL could be looked at as a high school extension, here in Minnesota, for late bloomers and recruiters. Seems to be a few a year that played MNJHL that end up at a D-1 program and many that go to higher JR leagues and D-3 schools. It will only be a positive for Mn Hockey to be a booster of it's JR programs.

headsup

correction...

Post by headsup » Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:28 am

The new Maple Grove Energy team of the MnJHL has the same coaches and contacts as the former MN Wildcats.

The TC Steel staff looks totally different. Are they really an evolution of the Wildcats? It doesn't appear so.

huville

Post by huville » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:42 am

The Energy have the same coaches and GM. They have new owners.

The Twin City Steel are owned by Stu Ronsberg and his group that operated the Wildcats.

Just wait til the na3hl season starts and you'll see they are the same old wildcats.

Marty McSorely

Post by Marty McSorely » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:53 pm

It's going to be fun to travel miles to have your rear handed to you!!!

huville

Post by huville » Thu Sep 08, 2011 3:58 am

Well here is your proof that the new Vadnais team is the same old Wildcats. They have 4 former Wildcats in Blake Koosman, Gavin Runberg, Shane Fabian and Tony Folk. They recruited some of the bottom players in the MNJHL in Evan Weiss (a 3rd string goalie from the lakers 2 yrs ago) and Ike Smith (who played in 33 of 45 games for the lakers last year).

Their coach is none other than Stu Ronsberg. 2 of his assistants are Jim Stejskal and Paul Gibson who all at one time coached the Wildcats.

I can see this team losing by 10-15 to Granite City who has a very solid group of vets and rookies coming in.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:56 pm

huville wrote:Well here is your proof that the new Vadnais team is the same old Wildcats. They have 4 former Wildcats in Blake Koosman, Gavin Runberg, Shane Fabian and Tony Folk. They recruited some of the bottom players in the MNJHL in Evan Weiss (a 3rd string goalie from the lakers 2 yrs ago) and Ike Smith (who played in 33 of 45 games for the lakers last year).

Their coach is none other than Stu Ronsberg. 2 of his assistants are Jim Stejskal and Paul Gibson who all at one time coached the Wildcats.

I can see this team losing by 10-15 to Granite City who has a very solid group of vets and rookies coming in.
3-4 Granite City

Boy are you a piece of work..... :roll:

brandy38

Post by brandy38 » Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:54 am

LetsPlayHockey22 wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
How old was he when he played in the league? If he was 16 and tearing it up, or even a good contributor, it shouldn't be a big surprise that he advanced so well.

huville

Post by huville » Wed Sep 14, 2011 3:36 am

Believe he played when he was 18. He was graduated from high school I know that. Then I believe he played 2 seasons for Alaska.

hockeyfanak

Post by hockeyfanak » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:06 am

MrBoDangles wrote:
huville wrote:Well here is your proof that the new Vadnais team is the same old Wildcats. They have 4 former Wildcats in Blake Koosman, Gavin Runberg, Shane Fabian and Tony Folk. They recruited some of the bottom players in the MNJHL in Evan Weiss (a 3rd string goalie from the lakers 2 yrs ago) and Ike Smith (who played in 33 of 45 games for the lakers last year).

3-4 Granite City

Boy are you a piece of work..... :roll:
Interesting turn of events with the Twin City Steel now tied for 1st in the their division with the 'Jacks and boasting the highest attendance rate in the NA3HL.
Any comment from huville now? While they may have recruited some "bottom" players, they also apparently recruited some pretty solid ones as well. Not bad for a new, young team.
Interested to hear thoughts on predictions for the remainder of the season.

huville

Post by huville » Thu Oct 20, 2011 12:39 am

I think they've done well but they aren't playing a tough schedule. Most of their wins are against Quad City. Quad City wasnt even dressing 20 players at the beginning of the year. They've beaten division leading Chicago but almost of Chicago's losses are to teams in the north division including last place North Iowa team.

Honestly I think it shows how weak this league is. Kids who played in the mnjhl (Evan Weiss, Paul Sorenson and Taylor Cayemberg) are putting up points or goaltending numbers they never approached in the mnjhl. Sorenson is on pace for 45 points this year. He had 20 last year for the Owls.

I've seen a few games from both leagues and the depth of the mnjhl is much better than that of the na3hl. Teams like the Northern lights and owls would walk over some of the 3hl teams.

And as for leading the league in attendance, its not really saying much when no one gets fans. Cincinnati gets just over 40 people a game. Twin city would be below Rochester, Isanti and Wisconsin dells in the mnjhl.

huville

Post by huville » Mon Oct 24, 2011 6:11 pm

If you would like more proof to the fact I believe this league is weaker than the mnjhl just look at the players of the week. The first stars for the first 2 weeks are both former mnjhl players.

The goalie of the month LJ Dworak who was Rochester's back up last year and now he is at the top of most statistical categories with Grove who is another former mnjhl player.

youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 12:41 am

Sure like beating a dead horse dont you huville? How about HU Cares??

Its all Tier 3 juniors, from what I have seen N Lights are solid the next 3 are average and you have 1 or 2 that will be bottom dwellers. Same with NAHL3.

They will never play each other so what does it matter? I know 3 kids refused to play for MNJHL teams as they thought the talent wasn't there. They played for an average team last year and thought the team was worse then last years, so they went else where.

Nice way to spin a tale, LJ Dworak didnt play much last season for Rochester but was a good goalie on a very strong team was 5-3 and was only a '93......same thing this season he is playing for the league best Cleveland team a year older and experienced. Grove was a good goalie last year also for MNJHL, 17-5 record. So by them leading in stats how does this make it a weaker league??

How about these stats.
Robert Erickson last season had 48 pts in 43 games, this season he has 23 pts in 15 games. WOW did he get that much better? How did the MNJHL stay so competitive yet this kid increases his pt total by almost 1 per game??

Sheldon Kihle last season played 7 games in the SIJHL and had 0 pts. Yet this year he is leading the league with 23 in 14 games???

Jake Bruhn with the Crusaders last season 25 games and 14 pts...this season he has 19 pts in 15 games.

Stats dont lie HU, looks like it just got a little easier for the MNJHL teams.

NAHL3 has 16 teams yours has 6.5 time will tell what league has staying power. Enjoy what we have instead of bashing it. Next time your Owls are off head to a Steel game I will meet you there buy you a ticket and a beer and you can judge for yourself. Enjoy your season.
Last edited by youngblood08 on Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:25 am

???

observer

Post by observer » Wed Oct 26, 2011 7:24 am

All crap. Somewhere between JV and Jr. Gold.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Oct 26, 2011 4:29 pm

observer wrote:All crap. Somewhere between JV and Jr. Gold.
Then why do you have the interest in D-3...... The rosters are filled with players from leagues like these.

Some make it on D-1 programs and a few have even made the BIG stage

The only crap is the stuff you post on here.

:idea:

youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 » Wed Oct 26, 2011 6:30 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:
Then why do you have the interest in D-3...... The rosters are filled with players from leagues like these.

=D> =D> \:D/ \:D/

mn miracle man

Post by mn miracle man » Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:22 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:

"The rosters are filled with players from leagues like these." What D-3 rosters are you looking at that are "filled" with players from the MNJHL and NA3HL? Nowadays, there are kids that play in the NAHL that have a hard time playing regularily on D3 rosters. The only rosters in D3 that rely on players from these Junior B Leagues are schools like Concordia Wisconsin that only win 2-3 games a year. There is a reason for that "success"....