Mario Lucia - Notre Dame

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

bardown27

Post by bardown27 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:26 am

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
Toomuchtoosoon wrote:
You must be referring to that fan base that realized there were 150 guys NOT named Lucia who could have logged those minutes.
Could you name only about 10 of those kids. It should be easy since they would all be AHL and NHL players.

The kid is playing in the AHL-they do not hand those spots out to friends and family.

Also a good way to get an extra scholarship if you pay your kids way.
Fill me in on where the senior Lucia is playing this season?
He's playing in the BCHL at penticton. along with him are the 3 reilly brothers who used to play at Holy Angels

Shinbone_News

Post by Shinbone_News » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:32 am

Shinbone_News wrote:he's in Canadian juniors this year, at Penticton.

whoops, maybe you meant the older Lucia boy, rather than the high school senior Mario. Don't know about him.
I checked -- as someone else mentioned earlier, Tony is in the AHL playing for the Worchester Sharks.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:56 am

Toomuchtoosoon wrote:
You must be referring to that fan base that realized there were 150 guys NOT named Lucia who could have logged those minutes.
Could you name only about 10 of those kids. It should be easy since they would all be AHL and NHL players.

The kid is playing in the AHL-they do not hand those spots out to friends and family.

He's "playing" the role of head Hockey coach for the Gophs.

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:10 am

Toomuchtoosoon wrote:

I believe Tony has been out with post concussion symptoms and could be out for a little while. He had been playing for Worchester in the AHL last year and would have been in Sharks camp if the concussion stuff wasn't lingering. I saw him doing some skating with the current Gopher squad a few weeks ago. Hopefully he can get back to health. As we have seen with other players, that post concussion stuff can take a while to get over.