Lakeville South's Justin Kloos

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

RickyTicky

Lakeville South's Justin Kloos

Post by RickyTicky »

So I'm strolling through town last night and being a former Lakeville hockey alum I stop by the Lakeville North v Lakeville South game. I meet up with a couple buds who say I have to see this #15 for South play. I watch this kid just take the puck and walk through 3-4 guys and score or dish it off to someone wide open at least 5 times and he had a hat trick and I think 2 or 3 more assists. Now, I understand this isn't D1 talent here but its no little sisters of the prarie either. I was throughly impressed and I was told he had something like 35 points in 11 games. He is a little bit on the shorter end (looked about 5'8'' ish) but only a junior. Anyone know if this kid is getting any offers? The top line for Lakeville South is VERY impressive, 2 juniors and a sophomore, not big but fast and move the puck very well. They dominated the game, they scored all 7 goals. The game was fairly even when they were off the ice but not even close when they were on.
The X

Post by The X »

Ummm, might want to try a different approach to what you are trying to accomplish with this post Tricky. It seems like you might be a wolf in sheeps clothing if you know what I mean. Just saying. :D
RickyTicky

Post by RickyTicky »

haha like I'm really justin kloos trying to talk myself up? haha no, no.. I am sitting in my cubical pushing pencil right now, trying to look like I am being productive but really I am posting on a high school hockey website I am so bored (office space style). I was just wondering if anyone had heard if this kid has any offers. I haven't seen talent like that in Lakeville for some time..
The Exiled One

Post by The Exiled One »

RickyTicky wrote:haha like I'm really justin kloos trying to talk myself up? haha no, no.. I am sitting in my cubical pushing pencil right now, trying to look like I am being productive but really I am posting on a high school hockey website I am so bored (office space style). I was just wondering if anyone had heard if this kid has any offers. I haven't seen talent like that in Lakeville for some time..
According to this, Mankato, St. Cloud, and Yale.
brandy38

Post by brandy38 »

RickyTicky wrote:haha like I'm really justin kloos trying to talk myself up? haha no, no.. I am sitting in my cubical pushing pencil right now, trying to look like I am being productive but really I am posting on a high school hockey website I am so bored (office space style). I was just wondering if anyone had heard if this kid has any offers. I haven't seen talent like that in Lakeville for some time..
Then apparently you haven't heard of Kyle Osterberg or Brady Skjei.
nahc

Post by nahc »

Justin Kloos has been "undersized" his whole hockey career. I can remember when Justin was a squirt and people were saying the same thing. Just is the real deal and, in my opinion, one of the top 2-3 players in the state. I've seen EP, Wyazata, Burnsville, Grand Rapids, and Apple Valley play this year. They all have strong deep teams with some very talented skaters........Justin Kloos does more to make his teammates better than anyone else I have seen. He has found another speed gear this year too........his mom and dad must be feeding him special Buffalo Wildwings dinners!!!!!!!!!

Super, super player.........sure wish he was on our team!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Saintpaulhockey1

Post by Saintpaulhockey1 »

Heard the Gophers recent offered him, undersized with speed and a high school goal scorer.....sounds like a Gopher to me!
RickyTicky

Post by RickyTicky »

I have heard of osterberg, but not skjei. I heard osterberg was on a line with kloos and harvey last year. If he stayed that would of been one of the best, if not the best, line in the state. They would all have close to 50 points right now. But thanks for the update on his offers, don't know how well his skills will transfer to the next level but he is fun to watch right now for sure!
brandy38

Post by brandy38 »

Skjei played for North last year (as a 9th grader?) and left for the USNDTP. Yes, South would've been amazing with Osterberg. Sometimes I think of what Lakeville's team would be like today if they didn't split up into two high schools and if they didn't have so many departures such as Osterberg and Skjei (and even Schroeder). They'd be perennial state championship contenders almost every year.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

No offer from the U of M. Mostly eastern schools from what I've heard. As for little and high school scorer, no idea if Kloos will excel at the next level but a quick look at Yale, BC, and UMD rosters tells you that there is room for little guys at the D1 level. Its after college that these players usually dissappear.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

i believe the Gopher reference was a shot at the program..... :wink:
WHAFightingSaints

Post by WHAFightingSaints »

He certainly is a difference maker when he's on the ice. Fun to watch with the puck on his stick. My guess is he will end up DI somewhere but may have to spend a year or two in juniors hopefully getting bigger and stronger.
RickyTicky

Post by RickyTicky »

Stopped by the game yesterday afternoon, Lakeville South v. Apple Valley. I know AV has 2 kids (one a freshman) that are very good and will go D1. They matched them up with the Kloos line and Kloos dominated them pretty good (2 goals, 2 assists). He is now the leading scorer in the conference with 40 pts in 12 games and 8th in the entire state (against good competition). I have been told be might not get any taller though.. Ya hate to think that talent like that might be passed over because of his size
starmvp

Post by starmvp »

RickyTicky wrote:Stopped by the game yesterday afternoon, Lakeville South v. Apple Valley. I know AV has 2 kids (one a freshman) that are very good and will go D1. They matched them up with the Kloos line and Kloos dominated them pretty good (2 goals, 2 assists). He is now the leading scorer in the conference with 40 pts in 12 games and 8th in the entire state (against good competition). I have been told be might not get any taller though.. Ya hate to think that talent like that might be passed over because of his size
Apple Valley freshman?
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

That boy good!!! :shock: