Kyle Rau

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

AlterEagle

Kyle Rau

Post by AlterEagle »

Kyle Rau scores first goal in Sacred Heart gam e. Man did he make that one happen all by himself!!! Still doubting?!?!
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

How many D1 National Championships does Sacred Heart have?
Go Hounds.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

EHSHack wrote:How many D1 National Championships does Sacred Heart have?
Zero, but Rau, a freshman, did play on the first line for a team that's won several.
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

Im not knocking Rau at all, but asking people if hes proved he is the real deal for scoring one goal against a school with a career record of 243-280. That would be like East losing their first game of the year and someone saying "See guys? I told you they arent good and this proves it"
Go Hounds.
green4

Post by green4 »

i could take some 3rd line player off east or another good high school program put him in Rau's spot and there is a decent chance he could score against sacred heart.

tell us when he scores against a good team
oldtendy35

Post by oldtendy35 »

green4 wrote:i could take some 3rd line player off east or another good high school program put him in Rau's spot and there is a decent chance he could score against sacred heart.

I'm going to disagree with that. I doubt that a third liner from varsity hockey would be on a line with Buddish and Bjugstad as a freshman. He was making things happen all night on the ice, including on his goal. Sure Sacred Heart isn't the best team, maybe even worse than east, but he didn't do too bad against them either :)
green4

Post by green4 »

oldtendy35 wrote:
green4 wrote:i could take some 3rd line player off east or another good high school program put him in Rau's spot and there is a decent chance he could score against sacred heart.

I'm going to disagree with that. I doubt that a third liner from varsity hockey would be on a line with Buddish and Bjugstad as a freshman. He was making things happen all night on the ice, including on his goal. Sure Sacred Heart isn't the best team, maybe even worse than east, but he didn't do too bad against them either :)
hard to tell over just reading my text but i was trying to be sarcastic, obviously most 3rd line varsity players woudnt score in that game, it was just the fact that the gophers won 9-0 and 3 freshman scored in the game that makes me not care so much about Rau scoring against them
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

In the game against Sacred Heart last night Rau got absolutely smashed into the boards, and I didn't think the kid was going to get up. He was obviously hurting, but managed to shake it off and even continued his shift. I thought he really showed his toughness on that play.
green4

Post by green4 »

MNHockeyFan wrote:In the game against Sacred Heart last night Rau got absolutely smashed into the boards, and I didn't think the kid was going to get up. He was obviously hurting, but managed to shake it off and even continued his shift. I thought he really showed his toughness on that play.
tough kid but it won't be the last time you see that happen to him
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Green4 -

Lil jealous? :)
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

U mad bro? Or still a little bitter about what happened this March?
EP two out of three.
WildFan05

Post by WildFan05 »

No way! He'll be targeted again?! Is it because his last name is Rau? Or maybe because he was a star player for Eden Prairie? Or because he scored the game winning goal in the State Tournament for Eden Prairie? Or is it simply because no matter how the Gophers are doing at any given point in the season wearing a maroon and gold jersey with a big 'M' on it automatically makes you a target on the ice????? Hmm... I like Rau. I think the kid plays with a lot of heart. I don't think one goal in the first game of the season is going to tell us what kind of college hockey player he is or will be. Yea it was against Sacred Heart, but still he buried the puck. Enough said. Not to mention that was when Sacred Heart was still putting forth an effort.
green4

Post by green4 »

U mad bro? Or still a little bitter about what happened this March?[/quote]

im not a east fan so i don't have really much to be bitter about. ep was a good team who deserved the state title, they went through section 6 and beat wayzeta in the final which was in my mind the championship since i thought they were the two best teams all year, im not mad either i just think Rau is alittle over hyped
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

I dont think anyone is really hyping the guy up all that much. Anyone talking him about being the best Fr. in the WCHA or winning the hobey baker? No...

But Green4 keep in mind he did lead the USHL in scoring during the playoffs. So, of course there is going to be hype about this kid. He did it the way some would like to see kids do it. (Play through your senior season in HS). So, of course people are going to talk him up.
warriors41

Post by warriors41 »

Time will tell how he does. The biggest challenge for him will be handling the physical part of the game. Someone mentioned he hit the boards hard and got back up. That is a lot easier to do in the first game than it is in the 20 game of the year. Interesting to see how he holds up since he didn't get hit much in high school. Might be hard for him to adjust kind of like Ness had problems with it; although I will say he might have it easier since he is a forward compared to a D-man.
mn man

Post by mn man »

warriors41 wrote:Time will tell how he does. The biggest challenge for him will be handling the physical part of the game. Someone mentioned he hit the boards hard and got back up. That is a lot easier to do in the first game than it is in the 20 game of the year. Interesting to see how he holds up since he didn't get hit much in high school. Might be hard for him to adjust kind of like Ness had problems with it; although I will say he might have it easier since he is a forward compared to a D-man.
Kyle has been hit hard before many times and always gets up and next shift either gets a goal or drills someone himself. It will be fun watching him.
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Does UMD count as good team for rau to score against?
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

So how much does this kid have to prove before people recognize that he's a special talent?
EP two out of three.
blueblood

rau

Post by blueblood »

That's two goals tonight. On the road. At UMD. Defending Champs.

Any more chirps there EHShack and green4?
east hockey
Site Admin

Re: rau

Post by east hockey »

blueblood wrote:That's two goals tonight. On the road. At UMD. Defending Champs.

One would hope not.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Edgeless

Post by Edgeless »

Tigers33 wrote:Does UMD count as good team for rau to score against?

I am going to say the bulldogs qualify as a good team. Duluth gotta be getting tired of Rau torching that town. He will have a bullseye on his back again tomorrow night. Tough kid.
EHSHack

Re: rau

Post by EHSHack »

blueblood wrote:That's two goals tonight. On the road. At UMD. Defending Champs.

Why are you asking me? I didnt bash him whatsoever...
Go Hounds.
HockeyMN1

Post by HockeyMN1 »

Edgeless wrote:
Tigers33 wrote:Does UMD count as good team for rau to score against?

I am going to say the bulldogs qualify as a good team. Duluth gotta be getting tired of Rau torching that town. He will have a bullseye on his back again tomorrow night. Tough kid.
Yeah for real. Rau has not been kind to that town over the last six months.
EP two out of three.
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

EHShack cause you ripping that he scored against a poor team in sacred heart. Well, now he scored two goals against Duluth.
EHSHack

Post by EHSHack »

You made a stupid comment and i called you out. Who cares that he scored against sacred heart? Bulldogs are different, thats legit.
Go Hounds.