Big 10 Network Televised Games

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BodyShots

Big 10 Network Televised Games

Post by BodyShots » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:21 am

I'm curious what everybody thinks about games being televised by the Big 10 Network?

I was at the game on Saturday night, and it seemed like the commercial breaks were twice (if not three times) as long as FSN televised games. Did anybody else feel this?

Also, if these breaks are going to be so long, then I would suggest the band start playing more during the breaks. The first two periods were very quiet coming out of the breaks because the advertisements and radio music didn't fire up the crowd. They started to play more in the third period, and the noise level raised because of it.

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:21 am

I was also at the game and remember one break that did seem unusually long, but otherwise they seemed pretty normal. I'll get a better sense this coming Saturday when BTN does the Gopher game in Madison.

How were the announcers?

Bleed Maroon and Gold

Post by Bleed Maroon and Gold » Mon Nov 07, 2011 9:52 am

I watched both games on tv friday and saturday night. The breaks were longer on Saturday. The announcers on saturday were terrible. I would of much rather listened on the radio over listen to those announcers. They kept prouncing names for both teams wrong and just not energized like I am used to when watching on FSN. I prefer FSN or big10 network

mulefarm

Post by mulefarm » Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:33 am

2 of the 3 announcers were former Badgers, what do you expect?

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:50 am

mulefarm wrote:2 of the 3 announcers were former Badgers, what do you expect?
Oh great, we have THAT to look forward to on Saturday night. Looks like I may need to turn the radio on...