Ben Hanowski

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MNHockeyFan

Ben Hanowski

Post by MNHockeyFan » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:44 pm

Looks like Hanowski is off to a good start this year. St. Cloud plays the Gophers in a home and home on the 18th & 19th.

SCSU men's hockey: Hanowski is becoming a bear on ice

http://www.sctimes.com/article/20111110 ... g-bear-ice

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:49 pm

Dont forget to make sure he shows up for tha Mankato st games first :)

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Nov 14, 2011 3:56 pm

Sounds like he did very well.

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Mon Nov 14, 2011 9:31 pm

Very well?

He had 1 goal and 1 assist in a 3-2 win, and no points in a 2-4 loss. Team goes 1-1 and he gets 2 points, very well?

He had a -3 rating in the 2-4 loss and +1 in the win. Very well?

Interesting...You and I differ.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:25 pm

Tigers33 wrote:Very well?

He had 1 goal and 1 assist in a 3-2 win, and no points in a 2-4 loss. Team goes 1-1 and he gets 2 points, very well?

He had a -3 rating in the 2-4 loss and +1 in the win. Very well?

Interesting...You and I differ.
Yes, he was involved in two of the five goals.... Do you understand(Hockey?) that defense and goaltending could have something to do with a +/- rating?

Point a game is the new less than well, I guess...

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:52 am

Do I understand hockey? More than you think buddy. I just would have used different words than "very well"

I dont think he would have even used those words, cause they loss 4-2 and he was on the ice for three of the goals.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:43 am

Tigers33 wrote:Do I understand hockey? More than you think buddy. I just would have used different words than "very well"

I dont think he would have even used those words, cause they loss 4-2 and he was on the ice for three of the goals.
I guess we'll have to expect 5/5 out of him and have him play defense and goalie too. So much depends on how the players do around you with the +/-.

So..... if he scores five goals and his goalie happens to give up six sieve goals when he was out there.... That's all on him?

Is there a method to your madness....... buddy?

There have been plenty of college/NHL greats that have been on the low side of the +/- because of the strength of their surrounding team. :idea:

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:35 am

Trust me jingly jangly I know how overrated +/- is in the hockey world! All I am saying is the original poster mentioned the article and the fact that the gophers play the huskies this weekend. When it was posted he forgot to mention that the huskies still needed to play the mavericks first.

You than post that he did very well. To me that means he had an outstanding weekend. Looking at his state line he may have a decent weekend, but do you think he did very well?

Lets take a look at the gophers this weekend. They got a split just like St. Cloud did, right? Lets take a look at stats. Bjugstad, Condon, Matson, Hansen, and Helgeson all scored for the gophers in a split over Wisconsin. I would by no means suggest that any of them did "very well"

Thats all I am saying. Out!

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:43 pm

Tigers33 wrote:Trust me jingly jangly I know how overrated +/- is in the hockey world! All I am saying is the original poster mentioned the article and the fact that the gophers play the huskies this weekend. When it was posted he forgot to mention that the huskies still needed to play the mavericks first.

You than post that he did very well. To me that means he had an outstanding weekend. Looking at his state line he may have a decent weekend, but do you think he did very well?

Lets take a look at the gophers this weekend. They got a split just like St. Cloud did, right? Lets take a look at stats. Bjugstad, Condon, Matson, Hansen, and Helgeson all scored for the gophers in a split over Wisconsin. I would by no means suggest that any of them did "very well"

PLEASE BAN ME Cat, And you mean't that he would be shut down by the mighty Mavericks....? Looks like he did "very well" COMPARED to your prediction.

OK, the Gophers got a split..... Your saying that it's not possible for any player to have done very well in the series? They need to score multiple points to do very well? Nevermind.. :roll:

Word to your mother!!

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:47 pm

Tigers33 wrote:Trust me PLEASE BAN ME I know how overrated +/- is in the hockey world! All I am saying is the original poster mentioned the article and the fact that the gophers play the huskies this weekend. When it was posted he forgot to mention that the huskies still needed to play the mavericks first.

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:19 pm

Does mean't have a comma or is it meant? I am not sure. Does mean't stand for mean and not or something.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:25 am

"you THAN post"........?

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:31 am

Tigers33 wrote:Does mean't have a comma or is it meant? I am not sure. Does mean't stand for mean and not or something.
Mean't should be adapted to the Engish language.... I use it. :wink: