Edina and Giles

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

bafata88

Edina and Giles

Post by bafata88 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:20 pm

Well let's get this one started again. Giles is always a fun topic.

Like the emperor who believes he is wearing a fine new suit, Giles' aura is a mirage. One day an innocent child will be watching him parade around and say, "he is wearing nothing at all." And all of those people in attendance will agree and chime in, finally. As I started to say in another thread, Giles has taken a consistent deep pool of incredibly talented hockey players and underachieved. His one state championship should actually be four or five. Sure people think he is a great guy and his players really like him; but for every player who likes him, there is another player who is left scratching his head wondering what the heck was that all about.

I feel for those Edina families who put so much into their youth hockey program and feed the high school team with great players; and Giles and his coaches consistently find ways to botch up the team chemistry with mysterious personnel choices; sitting players as healthy scratches; and general meanness to all but the chosen few.

With Walker leaving, they will likely be young this year, really playing for 2012-13 or even the year beyond.

Burnsville wins their section this year.

And no I did not get cut by Giles; and no, I do not have a kid that got cut by Giles. Just an opinionated and interested observer.

So, let's see who comes to his defense again. Let the attacks on this post begin.