AA Preseason Rankings and Preview 2011-2012

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

SPUDNUT wrote:
hockeyhound16 wrote:
HappyHockeyFan wrote:If I was more sure about the goaltending situation Karl I would be yelling much louder about Eagan being higher... :lol: :lol: For now I will be content at #4 ... :lol: :lol:
Eagan solidified their goaltending with the transfer in of a Senior goaltender from Montana. From the sounds of it he is just what they ordered. They have their Freshman transfer goaltender from Lakeville So. for future years. Believe me, Taylor is planning ahead.

Eagan should be #1 with the work they've put into it. If goaltending is the unknown to most, not to worry, they've taken care of it.
Gonna be interesting to see if a kid transferring from MT can cut it at the level of Eagan and MN hockey in general. More power to him if he can - got my doubts.
Ah your just still bitter from the 4 - 0 beating you took at State last year... :lol: :lol:
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:
SPUDNUT wrote:
hockeyhound16 wrote: Eagan solidified their goaltending with the transfer in of a Senior goaltender from Montana. From the sounds of it he is just what they ordered. They have their Freshman transfer goaltender from Lakeville So. for future years. Believe me, Taylor is planning ahead.

Eagan should be #1 with the work they've put into it. If goaltending is the unknown to most, not to worry, they've taken care of it.
Gonna be interesting to see if a kid transferring from MT can cut it at the level of Eagan and MN hockey in general. More power to him if he can - got my doubts.
Ah your just still bitter from the 4 - 0 beating you took at State last year... :lol: :lol:
Re-read his post and then maybe read it a third time if you still don't get his point. It wasn't a knock on Eagan. He was voicing his doubts about a kid from Montana being able to play hockey at the MN high school level. And stop patting yourself on the back for something that happened last year. I seem to remember Eden Prairie ending your season the next night by a 4-goal margin too. :lol: :lol:
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan »

CitiesSpudsGuy wrote:
HappyHockeyFan wrote:
SPUDNUT wrote: Gonna be interesting to see if a kid transferring from MT can cut it at the level of Eagan and MN hockey in general. More power to him if he can - got my doubts.
Re-read his post and then maybe read it a third time if you still don't get his point. It wasn't a knock on Eagan. He was voicing his doubts about a kid from Montana being able to play hockey at the MN high school level. And stop patting yourself on the back for something that happened last year. I seem to remember Eden Prairie ending your season the next night by a 4-goal margin too. :lol: :lol:
Ok, here we go again, like every year I have to remind someone to just relax, settle down....did ya notice the smiley faces at the end of my comment ?? I was just having a little fun...and yes I do recall EP beating us in the State Semi's, but just to be clear it did not end our season, we beat Edina for 3rd place the next day ... talk about a short memory. Happy Thanksgiving everyone ... I am thankful for the start of the HSH season !!!
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

[/quote]Ah your just still bitter from the 4 - 0 beating you took at State last year... :lol: :lol:[/quote]

What does that have to do with a transfer from MT this year ? You'd better look closer to home for someone who needs to "relax & settle down" !
CitiesSpudsGuy

Post by CitiesSpudsGuy »

HappyHockeyFan wrote:
CitiesSpudsGuy wrote:
HappyHockeyFan wrote:Ah your just still bitter from the 4 - 0 beating you took at State last year... :lol: :lol:
Ok, here we go again, like every year I have to remind someone to just relax, settle down....did ya notice the smiley faces at the end of my comment ?? I was just having a little fun...and yes I do recall EP beating us in the State Semi's, but just to be clear it did not end our season, we beat Edina for 3rd place the next day ... talk about a short memory. Happy Thanksgiving everyone ... I am thankful for the start of the HSH season !!!
And did you see the smiley faces at the end of MY post?

And yes the loss to EP DID end your meaningful season. The 3rd place game means nothing.
50+ years of Spuds Hockey
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

CitiesSpudsGuy wrote:And yes the loss to EP DID end your meaningful season. The 3rd place game means nothing.
It may not mean much to most fans, but those who play in the State Tournament will remember those 3rd Place (or Consolation Championship) games for the rest of their lives.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
CitiesSpudsGuy wrote:And yes the loss to EP DID end your meaningful season. The 3rd place game means nothing.
It may not mean much to most fans, but those who play in the State Tournament will remember those 3rd Place (or Consolation Championship) games for the rest of their lives.

CONSOLATION CHAMPIONSHIP - now there's a contradiction in terms.

Nothing but words to make the losers feel better so nobody "gets offended" !
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

SPUDNUT wrote:
MNHockeyFan wrote:

CONSOLATION CHAMPIONSHIP - now there's a contradiction in terms.

Consolation Championship = 5th place not 3rd, but either way his point remains true even if you'd like to trivialize his team's accomplishment while your team had none.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

SPUDNUT wrote:CONSOLATION CHAMPIONSHIP - now there's a contradiction in terms.

OK I probably should have called it "Consolation Title" instead of Championship, but I stand by what I said above: Those who actually play in the State Tournament remember those 3rd Place and Consolation games for the rest of their lives. Either way you are winning two out of three games which is far better (and more memorable) than going two and out.
SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT »

MNHockeyFan wrote:
SPUDNUT wrote:CONSOLATION CHAMPIONSHIP - now there's a contradiction in terms.

OK I probably should have called it "Consolation Title" instead of Championship, but I stand by what I said above: Those who actually play in the State Tournament remember those 3rd Place and Consolation games for the rest of their lives. Either way you are winning two out of three games which is far better (and more memorable) than going two and out.

Wasn't criticizing YOUR terminology - many people call it that. Was saying it's wrong for anyone to call it a "Title" or a "Championship" when it's not. Why does everyone have to get some kind of "Title" or "Championship" when there is absolutely nothing wrong with finishing in 3rd place or 5th place in a state that has 150 other teams playing at such a high level ?

And guess what - those kids who make it to the most prestigious tournament in the country and finish in 8th place also remember the experience just as long as the ones who finish in 1st !
hockeyjunkie2

Post by hockeyjunkie2 »

Well...I appreciate seeing the Apple Valley Eagles in your next ten at 20 and LPH's rankings at 17; I must be honest with myself though. Without Olson (G), Michaelson (F), Fasching (F), and Pedrie (D), I do not see this team being anywhere near that this year. It will be a long year unless some players surprise throughout the year and really stepped up their game to prepare for this season.
Midwest Hockey Pick 'em Champion 2010-2011
longdistancespectator8

Post by longdistancespectator8 »

Lakeville south and Duluth East scrimmaged today. East dominated the first 15 or so minutes getting a quick 2 to 0 lead, but after that it was pretty even. With south and east trading scoring chances back and forth.
Final:
LS 3
DE 3
vonney16

Post by vonney16 »

i agree with the rankings eagan is where they should be until they prove they are a better team this year
Hounds19

Post by Hounds19 »

longdistancespectator8 wrote:Lakeville south and Duluth East scrimmaged today. East dominated the first 15 or so minutes getting a quick 2 to 0 lead, but after that it was pretty even. With south and east trading scoring chances back and forth.
Final:
LS 3
DE 3
East won its first 3 scrimmages against 3 good teams as well, looks like a good preview of the season ahead
UND

Post by UND »

It would seem that Eagan has the makings of a potential state champion. If my information is correct they have 2 defenseman that appear on a variety of NHL draft boards and they had 5-6 kids playing in the elite league. If the goalie is as good as advertised..who know?