2011-2012 AA

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockeyfan9999

2011-2012 AA

Post by hockeyfan9999 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 5:10 pm

2011-2012 AA Predictions for next Season Anyone?

The Best in the Bizz3

Post by The Best in the Bizz3 » Sun Apr 17, 2011 9:47 pm

Nothing more than a guess....

1. Duluth East
2. Minnetonka
3. Maple Grove
4. Eagan
5. Hill Murray
6. Grand Rapids
7. Benilde-St. Margarets
8. Edina
9. Wayzata
10. Centennial
11. Moorhead
12. Bemidji
13. Lakeville South
14. Holy Angels
15. Blaine
16. Eden Prairie
17. Elk River
18. Roseau
The best, period

Hockeyplayer2013stud

Post by Hockeyplayer2013stud » Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:56 am

[quote="The Best in the Bizz3"]Nothing more than a guess....

1. Duluth East
2. Minnetonka
3. Maple Grove
4. Eagan
5. Hill Murray
6. Grand Rapids
7. Benilde-St. Margarets
8. Edina
9. Wayzata
10. Centennial
11. Moorhead
12. Bemidji
13. Lakeville South
14. Holy Angels
15. Blaine
16. Eden Prairie
17. Elk River
18. Roseau[/quote]

Lakeville south? you must be drunk

HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:16 am

Hockeyplayer2013stud wrote:
The Best in the Bizz3 wrote:Nothing more than a guess....

1. Duluth East
2. Minnetonka
3. Maple Grove
4. Eagan
5. Hill Murray
6. Grand Rapids
7. Benilde-St. Margarets
8. Edina
9. Wayzata
10. Centennial
11. Moorhead
12. Bemidji
13. Lakeville South
14. Holy Angels
15. Blaine
16. Eden Prairie
17. Elk River
18. Roseau
Lakeville South is what stands out to you from this list? :shock:

MNpuckfanatic77

Post by MNpuckfanatic77 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:49 am

I think those rankings are accurate based on what talent is already in each association... however new talent could always be a determining factor. I'm sure Eden Prairie so low is a shocker to most, but it will be hard to compensate for the loss of their seniors next year.

supertacks

Post by supertacks » Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:57 am

MNpuckfanatic77 wrote:I think those rankings are accurate based on what talent is already in each association... however new talent could always be a determining factor. I'm sure Eden Prairie so low is a shocker to most, but it will be hard to compensate for the loss of their seniors next year.
Both good points and both apply to EP. Surely they will drop off given loss of talent, however, there is a good crop of very good young players moving up from Bantam A state championship team, along with returning high school players. I am fully confident that EP will be a factor come year end.

The Best in the Bizz3

Post by The Best in the Bizz3 » Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:57 pm

1. Duluth East
2. Minnetonka
3. Maple Grove
4. Eagan
5. Hill Murray
6. Grand Rapids
7. Benilde-St. Margarets
8. Edina
9. Wayzata
10. Centennial
11. Moorhead
12. Bemidji
13. Lakeville South
14. Holy Angels
15. Blaine
16. Eden Prairie
17. Elk River
18. Roseau

are you drunk? jk

Kloos, Harvey, Heller, Freemark, Wiitala

These guys have been very good in youth hockey. I get it, its youth hockey, but even with the loss of Osterberg. You may still have Kloos (U of M) and Harvey. Those two click and they have proved it in their varsity career. They return a couple good D, and we'll see about goaltending. However, I feel they have the talent to get to the state tournament, and turn heads over the course of the year.
The best, period

oldtendy35

Post by oldtendy35 » Wed May 18, 2011 8:29 pm

MNpuckfanatic77 wrote:I think those rankings are accurate based on what talent is already in each association... however new talent could always be a determining factor. I'm sure Eden Prairie so low is a shocker to most, but it will be hard to compensate for the loss of their seniors next year.
Bump, also they will struggle in nets won't they?

UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow » Thu May 19, 2011 9:33 pm

1. Hill-Murray
2. Duluth East
3. Benilde St. Margarets
4. Edina
5. Eagan
6. Minnetonka
7. Maple Grove
8. Eden Prairie
9. Blaine
10. Lakeville South

AlterEagle

Post by AlterEagle » Thu May 19, 2011 10:43 pm

supertacks wrote:
Both good points and both apply to EP. Surely they will drop off given loss of talent, however, there is a good crop of very good young players moving up from Bantam A state championship team, along with returning high school players. I am fully confident that EP will be a factor come year end.
We all remember what happened the last time a talented group of Bantam As from EP went on to HS...

MNpuckfanatic77

Post by MNpuckfanatic77 » Fri May 20, 2011 12:33 pm

AlterEagle wrote:
supertacks wrote:
We all remember what happened the last time a talented group of Bantam As from EP went on to HS...
That has nothing to do with how they will compete. Yes they are talented, but I don't think you can even compare this group of kids to the the group that just won the state tournament. And let's not forget, this is high school hockey, and anything can happen.

FREDFLINTSTONE

Post by FREDFLINTSTONE » Fri May 20, 2011 1:55 pm

The Best in the Bizz3 wrote:

1. Duluth East
2. Minnetonka
3. Maple Grove
4. Eagan
5. Hill Murray
6. Grand Rapids
7. Benilde-St. Margarets
8. Edina
9. Wayzata
10. Centennial
11. Moorhead
12. Bemidji
13. Lakeville South
14. Holy Angels
15. Blaine
16. Eden Prairie
17. Elk River
18. Roseau

are you drunk? jk

Kloos, Harvey, Heller, Freemark, Wiitala

These guys have been very good in youth hockey. I get it, its youth hockey, but even with the loss of Osterberg. You may still have Kloos (U of M) and Harvey. Those two click and they have proved it in their varsity career. They return a couple good D, and we'll see about goaltending. However, I feel they have the talent to get to the state tournament, and turn heads over the course of the year.
I would believe Kloos will be leaving, and if Lundgren sticks around, South will once again get denied from yet another state trip. :lol:

The Best in the Bizz3

Post by The Best in the Bizz3 » Fri May 20, 2011 4:36 pm

UntouchableFlow wrote:1. Hill-Murray
2. Duluth East
3. Benilde St. Margarets
4. Edina
5. Eagan
6. Minnetonka
7. Maple Grove
8. Eden Prairie
9. Blaine
10. Lakeville South

Im sorry but HM loses too much to be number 1. They lose bahe, becker, controneo, shulze, shaugnessy, voltin, and guentzal leaving is not out of the question. Hill always has good depth but they aren't going to be nearly as powerful as this past year. Its a bummer they couldnt win their section, it would have made the already fabulous tourney better.

East has the opportunity to be untouchable offensively. Their top 3 F's are second to none. And as the tourney indicated they have some other players that can get the job done. Kerr, Toscano to name a few and they will have some solid defenseman. Goaltending will be a ? but it sounds like that Parker kid did pretty good in 16's who knows.

BSM will also be loaded offensively. 12, 23, 27 will light the lamp and 20? will be a great secondary scoring addition. At D horton is fabulous and offensively gifted. Add one or two more solid D plus the two experienced goalies and they have a winning combination.

Historically, Edina is always good, but Im not so sure about this year. They lose a lot of players. However, I think this year they will have a lot more role players than in recent years. But with a new goalie, and we arent sure about walker staying. I cant imagine that this team is a top 5 team YET. but what do i know anyways.

if everyone stays eagan would move up to the 4th spot and battle for their second state tourney appearance. Their forwards will be great with a couple solid D. all they need is a G.

Tonka is ranked a little low imo. They return their top scorer (letierri). backup goalie with experience and some D along with coatta. They should be a force to be reckoned with.

I dont know much about the crimson but i would guess that even with the loss of gross, they will be pretty good with the return of paulsen, steman, freburg and others. need a G.

I dont think EP is a top 10 team next year. in a year or two yes forsure. but right now they are completely inexperienced. and have like 2 returners.

Blaine has a couple good players returning, brodzinski, cline, lambert but they dont have enough depth to contend with MG in my opinion. They beat them this year though so you never know.

If Kloos stays, LS is a top ten team.
The best, period

mghockey18

Post by mghockey18 » Fri May 20, 2011 8:17 pm

The Best in the Bizz3 wrote:
UntouchableFlow wrote:
I dont know much about the crimson but i would guess that even with the loss of gross, they will be pretty good with the return of paulsen, steman, freburg and others. need a G.

If Kloos stays, LS is a top ten team.
Gross is staying at Maple Grove.

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot » Sat May 21, 2011 4:49 pm

I don't know how much JV matters vs. Bantam A's, but Tonka's JV had a very good record last year.

bsmguy

Post by bsmguy » Thu May 26, 2011 9:35 am

Section final game predictions

Lakeville v. Lakeville
Edina v. Burnsville
Eagan v. Cretin
HM v. White Bear
Blaine v. MG
BSM v. Tonka
DE v. Rapids
Bemidji v.Roseau

tonkaguy

Re: 2011-2012 AA

Post by tonkaguy » Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:55 am

Predictions for the 2011-2012 season:

1)Duluth East
2)Minnetonka (These two teams will trade rankings a few times this year)
3)Benilde
4)Eagan
5)Hill Murray
6)Grand Rapids
7)Maple Grove
8)Lakeville south
9)Edina
10)Blaine

For the record: Tonka's Jv team did go undefeated last year beating a Hill Murray team who hasn't lost in 2 years to win the Schwans cup 6-1..
You would be suprised of the talent that Tonka's Jv team had, you will see a few of the Jv players on varsity next season making an impact

karl(east)

Re: 2011-2012 AA

Post by karl(east) » Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:51 pm

tonkaguy wrote:Predictions for the 2011-2012 season:

1)Duluth East
2)Minnetonka (These two teams will trade rankings a few times this year)
3)Benilde
4)Eagan
5)Hill Murray
6)Grand Rapids
7)Maple Grove
8)Lakeville south
9)Edina
10)Blaine

For the record: Tonka's Jv team did go undefeated last year beating a Hill Murray team who hasn't lost in 2 years to win the Schwans cup 6-1..
You would be suprised of the talent that Tonka's Jv team had, you will see a few of the Jv players on varsity next season making an impact
This is a pretty good starting point for preseason rankings, IMO.

I was noticing the other day that, of the 6 deepest programs in the state in recent years, 4 are losing a lot. EP and Wayzata (now that Lucia seems to be leaving) had great bantam teams, but there's so much to replace that they're definitely not preseason top 10. Hill and Edina lost a lot as well, but they return enough core talent that they should be able to fill in around those players with their incredible depth. I'd start them in the 6-10 range. Duluth East and Tonka return a lot and will be top 5. It's too bad their meeting might be in less-than-ideal conditions, but I won't whine too much, and if they're as good as I think they are they'll probably meet in the Schwan Cup.

Benilde also returns a load of front-end talent and will be top 5, but they do need to shore up that defense or they'll have the same problems they had last year.

Eagan returns most of last year's 3rd place team and should start in the top 5. I do wonder about their depth a little, though; the bantam team was not very good last year.

Maple Grove returns a lot and is very deep, though they still need to figure out how to get past Blaine. Both will be top 10; MG may be top 5.

Grand Rapids loses a few top-end players that they won't replace easily, but they were very deep and very young last year, so they'll be up near the top as well.

Lakeville South in the top 10 at this point may be a bit generous. They'll need to prove they're more than a 1-trick team. Teams I'd add to the conversation include Burnsville (strong bantam crop) and Moorhead (return just about everyone).

longdistancespectator8

Post by longdistancespectator8 » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:24 pm

Brandon Parker, formerly of Fairbault and Russel Stover, attended Lakeville South for the spring semester. Heard he did not make sioux falls in the USHL so that might mean he has one option which is for his parents to move so that he can play high school hockey

this would be a solid addition to that team

Edgy

Post by Edgy » Fri Jul 08, 2011 8:50 am

There will be a few other schools not normally considered top 20 in the past that will find their way in the list, and some schools routinely in the top 20 dropping out, like AHA and possibly Lakeville

green4

Post by green4 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:13 pm

edina could possibly be a top 5 team this year they did lose quite a bit of players and they have a new goalie but the new goalie that should jump in, is a solid goalie they do have bennie walker who is staying for his senior year and conner hurley transfered from aha but there team is made up of alot of juniors a couple seniors and probably a few sophmores so im guessing top 10 team this year but next year they will be a dangerous team

The Best in the Bizz3

Post by The Best in the Bizz3 » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:50 pm

top 20 as of right now

1) Duluth East 7AA
T2) Minnetonka 6AA
T2) Eagan 3AA
4) Benilde-St. Margarets 6AA
5) Maple Grove 5AA
6) Grand Rapids 7AA
7) Edina 2AA
8) Blaine 5AA
9) Wayzata 6AA
10) Burnsville 2AA
11) Hill Murray 4AA
12) Stillwater 4AA
13) Bemidji 8AA
14) Jefferson 2AA
15) Eden Prairie 6AA
16) Lakeville South 1AA
17) Prior Lake 2AA
18) Holy Angels 2AA
19) Elk River 7AA
20) White Bear Lake 4AA

Section 1AA: 1
Section 2AA: 5
Section 3AA: 1
Section 4AA: 3
Section 5AA: 2
Section 6AA: 4
Section 7AA: 3
Section 8AA: 1
The best, period

mgrockswayzata

Post by mgrockswayzata » Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:42 pm

The season hasn't even started and the new head coach is having to deal with juniors and seniors jumping ship due to the hiring of the bantam A coach as his assistant. Lots of players and parents are very upset with this selection. He was fired from the Bantam A position because of his violent temper, swearing, belittling of kids, etc.

Why would the head coach select this clown to run the defense when he had former NHL defenseman, Lance Pitlick wanting the job?

What a big mistake!!

Lance's son, Rem, has now enrolled at Shattuck and won't ever play for Wayzata. Huge loss for Wayzata as Rem is one of the top 97's in North America.

Wayzata won't crack the top 10 for the next 4 years.

woodley

Post by woodley » Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:40 am

mgrockswayzata wrote:The season hasn't even started and the new head coach is having to deal with juniors and seniors jumping ship due to the hiring of the bantam A coach as his assistant. Lots of players and parents are very upset with this selection. He was fired from the Bantam A position because of his violent temper, swearing, belittling of kids, etc.

Why would the head coach select this clown to run the defense when he had former NHL defenseman, Lance Pitlick wanting the job?

What a big mistake!!

Lance's son, Rem, has now enrolled at Shattuck and won't ever play for Wayzata. Huge loss for Wayzata as Rem is one of the top 97's in North America.

Wayzata won't crack the top 10 for the next 4 years.

Welcome to the board, Rem!! (Someone had to do it. . . )

TheClipper

Post by TheClipper » Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:28 pm

March is a long way off, but the road to the State Championship runs through the east side of Duluth.

Tonka Skippers are my pick to win Section 6AA, and make some tourney noise. They won't be flashy, but they'll be very solid on defense, deep, and they'll score enough to get by.

BSM is a formula 1 race car sitting on concrete blocks in a junkyard. They'll score five goals against anybody. Unfortunately, they'll need six. This is the crummiest defense in the Metro area.

EP, Maple Grove, Edina, Wayzata....toss in whoever else you please.......lead a slew of ham 'n eggers.