White Bear Lake

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

formerlybackofnet
Posts: 375
Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2006 2:25 pm

White Bear Lake

Post by formerlybackofnet » Thu Oct 27, 2011 6:08 pm

What do you think? .500 team?

BodyShots
Posts: 1730
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by BodyShots » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:00 pm

They have a 3 year starting goalie returning in Schletty, and the top 4 def from last years state tourney are all coming back (Carney, RJ, Delaney, and Morrisette). The question will be can they score any goals. This will be left up to the 5th year seniors and a bunch of JV kids moving up.

I'm guessing top three in the conference with not many non-conference victories.

buzzershot
Posts: 80
Joined: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:30 pm

Post by buzzershot » Thu Oct 27, 2011 10:11 pm

Oh... But the Bears have the Coach of the year coming back!!

Zamman
Posts: 2037
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2002 8:15 pm
Location: Edina

Post by Zamman » Fri Oct 28, 2011 1:30 pm

buzzershot wrote:Oh... But the Bears have the Coach of the year coming back!!
Could be the kiss of death. Ever heard of the MN Twins?

PuckU126
Posts: 3769
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2005 4:52 am
Location: Minnesota
Contact:

Post by PuckU126 » Sat Oct 29, 2011 6:11 am

Zamman wrote:
buzzershot wrote:Oh... But the Bears have the Coach of the year coming back!!
Could be the kiss of death. Ever heard of the MN Twins?
:lol:

8)
The Puck
LGW

gophs1616
Posts: 35
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:35 am

Post by gophs1616 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:42 am

I can see them being above .500. They're in a pretty weak conference this year. Watch for Stillwater and White Bear to be pulling for the conference championship

BodyShots
Posts: 1730
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by BodyShots » Tue Nov 15, 2011 4:08 pm

I guess one of the kids trying out is doing a documentary and had a camera installed on the top of his helmet. For some reason, everybody wanted to be in front of this kid.... :idea:

BearsSensGophs
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:56 pm
Location: White Bear Lake

Post by BearsSensGophs » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:32 pm

If they can get some scorers to step up and fill the gigantic void left by Jansen, Birki, and Wahlin then they might be able to challenge for the SEC title. I think our defense will be stout, with so much experience coming back and certainly Schletty in his 3rd year as the starter will be very solid.


Anyone know where I can see the roster? Been waiting for it go on hockey hub or MSHSL but nothing last I checked.

wblhcky24
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:14 am

Post by wblhcky24 » Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:35 pm

captainjimmy18 wrote:If they can get some scorers to step up and fill the gigantic void left by Jansen, Birki, and Wahlin then they might be able to challenge for the SEC title. I think our defense will be stout, with so much experience coming back and certainly Schletty in his 3rd year as the starter will be very solid.


Anyone know where I can see the roster? Been waiting for it go on hockey hub or MSHSL but nothing last I checked.

The last day of tryouts is today so the roster should hopefully be available in a couple of days
2012 pond hockey All Star

BearsSensGophs
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:56 pm
Location: White Bear Lake

Post by BearsSensGophs » Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:00 pm

Awesome! Looking forward to it.

Any talented sophs making the jump to Varsity?

BodyShots
Posts: 1730
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by BodyShots » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:26 pm

captainjimmy18 wrote:Awesome! Looking forward to it.

Any talented sophs making the jump to Varsity?
I heard Dittle (Soph) and Wahlin (Frosh) made the team.

BearsSensGophs
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:56 pm
Location: White Bear Lake

Post by BearsSensGophs » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:30 pm

Last I heard the younger Wahlin was playing for Forest Lake or something? I can't recall.

old goalie85
Posts: 3696
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:37 am

Post by old goalie85 » Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:59 pm

Not playing for FL.

BearsSensGophs
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:56 pm
Location: White Bear Lake

Post by BearsSensGophs » Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:05 am

Ah I see that lol.
Anyway the roster is up.

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/showroster.a ... school=485[/url]

ZachHalverson
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:26 pm

Post by ZachHalverson » Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:36 am

BodyShots wrote:I guess one of the kids trying out is doing a documentary and had a camera installed on the top of his helmet. For some reason, everybody wanted to be in front of this kid.... :idea:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... wGI#t=664s

BodyShots
Posts: 1730
Joined: Fri Feb 29, 2008 4:44 pm

Post by BodyShots » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:45 pm

captainjimmy18 wrote:Ah I see that lol.
Anyway the roster is up.

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/showroster.a ... school=485[/url]
I don't see the kid from California listed. Is he appealing to become eligible?

wbmd
Posts: 3790
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:51 am

Post by wbmd » Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:38 pm

captainjimmy18 wrote:Last I heard the younger Wahlin was playing for Forest Lake or something? I can't recall.
He played on the Woodbury A Bantam team (that finished second in the State Tournament behind Eden Prarie) last season while living with his aunt & uncle in Woodbury.

wblhcky24
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:14 am

Post by wblhcky24 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:20 am

Yes the california kid is appealing to become eligible he lost his first appeal so he's trying again
2012 pond hockey All Star

BearsSensGophs
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:56 pm
Location: White Bear Lake

Post by BearsSensGophs » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:19 am

wblhcky24 wrote:Yes the california kid is appealing to become eligible he lost his first appeal so he's trying again

Hmm who is he? What grade?

East Side Pioneer Guy
Posts: 571
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:43 am

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy » Sun Nov 20, 2011 3:35 pm

wbmd wrote:
captainjimmy18 wrote:Last I heard the younger Wahlin was playing for Forest Lake or something? I can't recall.
He played on the Woodbury A Bantam team (that finished second in the State Tournament behind Eden Prarie) last season while living with his aunt & uncle in Woodbury.
So if it's between public schools it's not recruiting. I think that's the way it works.

I guess it pays to have a lot of aunts and uncles.

wblhcky24
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:14 am

Post by wblhcky24 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:42 pm

captainjimmy18 wrote:
wblhcky24 wrote:Yes the california kid is appealing to become eligible he lost his first appeal so he's trying again

Hmm who is he? What grade?
His names johnny he's a senior
2012 pond hockey All Star

BearsSensGophs
Posts: 204
Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:56 pm
Location: White Bear Lake

Post by BearsSensGophs » Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:47 pm

wblhcky24 wrote:
captainjimmy18 wrote:
wblhcky24 wrote:Yes the california kid is appealing to become eligible he lost his first appeal so he's trying again

Hmm who is he? What grade?
His names johnny he's a senior

Ah shame. Would hate to see any kid lose their senior season.

wblhcky24
Posts: 369
Joined: Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:14 am

Post by wblhcky24 » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:15 pm

Yeah sucks for him
2012 pond hockey All Star

wbmd
Posts: 3790
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 2:51 am

Post by wbmd » Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:23 pm

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:
wbmd wrote:
captainjimmy18 wrote:Last I heard the younger Wahlin was playing for Forest Lake or something? I can't recall.
He played on the Woodbury A Bantam team (that finished second in the State Tournament behind Eden Prarie) last season while living with his aunt & uncle in Woodbury.
So if it's between public schools it's not recruiting. I think that's the way it works.

I guess it pays to have a lot of aunts and uncles.


And this season, Wahlin lives on the east side of St. Paul with his parents.

White Bear Nation
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:02 am

Post by White Bear Nation » Sun Nov 20, 2011 9:03 pm

wblhcky24 wrote:
captainjimmy18 wrote:
wblhcky24 wrote:Yes the california kid is appealing to become eligible he lost his first appeal so he's trying again

Hmm who is he? What grade?
His names johnny he's a senior
The California kids name is Johnny Gagan. He came to Minnesota for personal family reasons and has one more appeal to see if he can play or not. He is currently practicing with Junior Varsity team. If the appeal is accepted it looks like he will be on the second line for varsity.

Post Reply