Eagan vs Hastings 12/1/11

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

HappyHockeyFan

Eagan vs Hastings 12/1/11

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:34 pm

I took in the Eagan/Hastings game tonight, good effort by Hastings in the first period, especially their goalie to keep it close. After that though Eagan showed why they are ranked where they are by out shooting them 50 to 13 and outscoring them 8 -1. Next up Eden Prairie on Saturday, should be a good one and a much tougher challenge. Go Cats !!
Last edited by HappyHockeyFan on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB

gopherpuck516

Post by gopherpuck516 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:49 pm

What were Eagan's line pairings? Did they have Zajac, Merchant, and Kuchera on a line together or did they go for more balanced lines?

hockeyfan893

Post by hockeyfan893 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:51 pm

Have to love new threads about your home team blowing out a less than average high school sqaud. :roll:

HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:53 pm

Gotta love replies from people whose home town doesnt have a team to talk about ... :shock:

HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:54 pm

gopherpuck516 wrote:What were Eagan's line pairings? Did they have Zajac, Merchant, and Kuchera on a line together or did they go for more balanced lines?
Who you scouting for ?? :D

gopherpuck516

Post by gopherpuck516 » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:02 pm

Haha just a fan. Moved to Eagan last year and took my son to 5 or 6 of their games. Plan on going to a couple more this year, starting with the game at EP on Saturday.

HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Thu Dec 01, 2011 10:03 pm

gopherpuck516 wrote:Haha just a fan. Moved to Eagan last year and took my son to 5 or 6 of their games. Plan on going to a couple more this year, starting with the game at EP on Saturday.
Tonight they had them together as they probably will all season, the other two lines can handle themselves just fine. Couldnt really judge the new goalie, didnt see enough shots, the goal he gave up was on a nice tip.

The X

Post by The X » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:55 am

hockeyfan893 wrote:Have to love new threads about your home team blowing out a less than average high school sqaud. :roll:
What He said. ^

HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Fri Dec 02, 2011 2:55 pm

Howie wrote:
hockeyfan893 wrote:Have to love new threads about your home team blowing out a less than average high school sqaud. :roll:
What He said. ^
It should be noted that I reported on the two games I attended at the Turkey Trot last weekend and I will be reporting on all the other games I will be attending this season including Duluth Marshall and St Thomas Academy tomorrow...its not just an Eagan thing...I simply reported the facts, you dont like it, too bad for you.. :D

keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:12 pm

The top line accounted for six of eight, its not like the other two lines lit it up. I like the wildcats but the key for opponents will be to try and contain their top line, tough task but if you can do that and get some goal tending they can be beat. I'm curious to see how saturday plays out when Eagan isn't the underdog.

HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:17 pm

I would guess that Taylor will keep those lines as is as long as they are winning ... as for Saturday, so little is really known yet about this young EP team. More than anything I am curious to find out more about Eagan's new goaltender Christian Butler.

The X

Post by The X » Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:36 pm

HappyHockeyFan wrote:
Howie wrote:
What He said. ^
It should be noted that I reported on the two games I attended at the Turkey Trot last weekend and I will be reporting on all the other games I will be attending this season including Duluth Marshall and St Thomas Academy tomorrow...its not just an Eagan thing...I simply reported the facts, you dont like it, too bad for you.. :D
Well...It's nice to see the boys team get on the radar, I mean, the girls have been sending players to like the olympics and stuff for ten years or so. :wink: Its good reading to get the inside look at the games. Nice to see some new teams making a run for a change. The Wildcats fit that bill.

hockeyfan893

Post by hockeyfan893 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:04 pm

[quote="HappyHockeyFan"][quote="Howie"][quote="hockeyfan893"]Have to love new threads about your home team blowing out a less than average high school sqaud. :roll:[/quote]

What He said. ^[/quote]It should be noted that I reported on the two games I attended at the Turkey Trot last weekend and I will be reporting on all the other games I will be attending this season including Duluth Marshall and St Thomas Academy tomorrow...its not just an Eagan thing...I simply reported the facts, you dont like it, too bad for you.. :D[/quote]

I'll make sure to report game summaries when I watch the CSC demolition of Sibley by the likes of Hill-Murray and STA. I mean, 10-0 games are just facts right?

We get it, you like and are excited (and justifiably so) about your team this year. I guess I'm just more interested in their competitive games rather than blowouts. Just one man's opinion.

KrautBache

Post by KrautBache » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:33 pm

[/quote]I guess I'm just more interested in their competitive games rather than blowouts. Just one man's opinion.[/quote]

And yet you took the time to read this topic and comment on it. Twice. Does someone have a gun to your head forcing you to read every topic posted here? If you're not interested, don't read it.

hockeyfan893

Post by hockeyfan893 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:55 pm

No need for a gun pressed to my head to freely express my opinion. HHF expressed his, I expressed mine; this represents a free exchange of ideas. A beautiful thing, really.

KrautBache

Post by KrautBache » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:04 pm

So if, hypothetically, I'm tired of reading about every breath the Duluth Hockey team takes, should I whine every time a post is made about Duluth East, or should I just stop reading those topics? HHF was posting about a hockey game he (or she) was interested in. You responded to basically say "I'm not interested in this, don't post topics like this again." Your "idea" was basically that HHF's topic is not interesting and in your opinion does not belong here. Again, I'd encourage you, in such situations, to merely ignore the topic that doesn't interest you.

hockeyfan893

Post by hockeyfan893 » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:18 pm

Note how you necessarily augmented the wording of my original statement to suit the point you wished to make. I did not say, "I'm not interested in this, don't post topics like this again." You are superimposing that meaning on top of my original statement. My idea, or opinion rather, is that the creation of brand new threads about a ludicrously imbalanced game is laughable, especially from a homer. This is further backed by my rhetorical question presented in my second post concerning CSC (the conference I follow more closely) blowouts.

Reading comprehension is a wonderful skill to have. I suggest you let this stand as is. I commented on HHF's thread with an opinion, an exchange of ideas occurred, and nobody is worse off as a result. The point of a forum is to express disagreements and opinions.

As such, this thread is now sidetracked. I'd like to let it get back on track. If you have any further problems, I suggest you send me a private message.

KrautBache

Post by KrautBache » Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:27 pm

I appreciated HHF's posting of a new topic giving the score and a forum for commentary on the Eagan v. Hastings game. I hope he (or she) continues to post new topics like this following Eagan games and other games that interest him, regardless of whether they are blow outs or whether it annoys you or others like you. I'll read those that interest me and skip those that don't. I'd encourage you to do the same.

HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:18 am

KrautBache wrote:I appreciated HHF's posting of a new topic giving the score and a forum for commentary on the Eagan v. Hastings game. I hope he (or she) continues to post new topics like this following Eagan games and other games that interest him, regardless of whether they are blow outs or whether it annoys you or others like you. I'll read those that interest me and skip those that don't. I'd encourage you to do the same.
Hey thanks, I appreciate your comments regarding my post. Seeing that you appear to be somewhat new to this forum I feel I should inform you that I regularily take a beating on here for my posts, I guess because I proudly support my local team Eagan. Apparently that is a bad thing. Funny though how another regular poster, Lee, also wrote about his team, Duluth East, handily beating Cambridge the same night but nobody says a word, apparently that IS ok. Either way I will always continue to post about ALL the games I take in, which will include many of Eagan's games and I will give an honest report of what I see win or lose.

northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:02 am

Hey 'Happy Gilmore' good luck to your Eagan team this season :wink:

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Sat Dec 03, 2011 8:56 am

HappyHockeyFan wrote:
KrautBache wrote:I appreciated HHF's posting of a new topic giving the score and a forum for commentary on the Eagan v. Hastings game. I hope he (or she) continues to post new topics like this following Eagan games and other games that interest him, regardless of whether they are blow outs or whether it annoys you or others like you. I'll read those that interest me and skip those that don't. I'd encourage you to do the same.
Hey thanks, I appreciate your comments regarding my post. Seeing that you appear to be somewhat new to this forum I feel I should inform you that I regularily take a beating on here for my posts, I guess because I proudly support my local team Eagan. Apparently that is a bad thing. Funny though how another regular poster, Lee, also wrote about his team, Duluth East, handily beating Cambridge the same night but nobody says a word, apparently that IS ok. Either way I will always continue to post about ALL the games I take in, which will include many of Eagan's games and I will give an honest report of what I see win or lose.
One difference; I didn't start a separate topic for the East-Cambridge game. If you're going to compare two actions, they need to be similar actions.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:16 pm

Seriously ?? :shock: I get crucified because I posted a new thread instead of using the other thread for the days scores ?? :shock: That is about as ticky tacky as we get .. wow :shock: In all honesty I hadnt even seen that thread until after I posted mine, but that is ridiculous..you all need to get off the high horse ya rode in on, I simply posted the facts about a game I saw that happened to be the one I support. Was I bragging about it or demeaning Hastings, Hardly, in fact I gave them and their goalie credit in the first period for keeping it close. I started a new thread when I reported on the games I saw at the Turkey Trot but nobody complained then. If you dont like the way or what I post then dont even open up the thread, its simple as that, in fact I will continue to open a new thread for every game I see just because of your reactions to my simple mistake of opening a new thread to talk about the team I support. Ya all have a good day now, I am off to see the Marshall/STA game and then to EP for the Cats and Eagles...later. Oh, and there will be a report on both of them.

gopherpuck516

Post by gopherpuck516 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:21 pm

"so what she/he keeps talking about you and hating on you. What do you think a "hater's" job is..to hate. if you have someone hating on you right now you better think of how to get 5 more ppl hating by Christmas. You need haters to make you stronger..w/o haters most ppl wouldn't try to become better. Just tell them "you just hate me b/c you can't be me..." -Katt Williams (minus some of the profanities...)

I appreciate reading about any game that someone gives valid insight into. The beauty of a message board like this is, if you don't agree with someone else's opinions or don't want to read someone else's posts, you don't have to. Negative personal comments on a message board are pointless.

edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:45 pm

I like the post HHF. Ignore the cynics and report like the wind!

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:52 pm

HappyHockeyFan wrote:Seriously ?? :shock: I get crucified because I posted a new thread instead of using the other thread for the days scores ?? :shock: That is about as ticky tacky as we get .. wow :shock: In all honesty I hadnt even seen that thread until after I posted mine, but that is ridiculous..you all need to get off the high horse ya rode in on, I simply posted the facts about a game I saw that happened to be the one I support. Was I bragging about it or demeaning Hastings, Hardly, in fact I gave them and their goalie credit in the first period for keeping it close. I started a new thread when I reported on the games I saw at the Turkey Trot but nobody complained then. If you dont like the way or what I post then dont even open up the thread, its simple as that, in fact I will continue to open a new thread for every game I see just because of your reactions to my simple mistake of opening a new thread to talk about the team I support. Ya all have a good day now, I am off to see the Marshall/STA game and then to EP for the Cats and Eagles...later. Oh, and there will be a report on both of them.
Calm down, Hoss. Nobody is crucifying anyone here. I was actually in agreement with what you did (start a thread for what had potential to be a good game). Then you dragged me directly into it by using me in an analogy which didn't work in the first place. Keep posting what you want. Everything get subjected to the same criteria by Mitch, Karl and I, anyway.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006