Joe Rehkamp

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

flatontheice

Joe Rehkamp

Post by flatontheice » Wed Dec 28, 2011 7:31 am

Congrats to Joe Rehkamp who has committed to SCSU and will enroll in classes immediately and begin playing with the team next week! Long road for the kid but paid off.

SChockey

Post by SChockey » Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:00 pm

Being a Husky fan and not knowing anything about this guy, what kind of things can he do for SCSU? They have been struggling since the Lasch years and could use some offensive firepower. Shame to see them below .500.....at least they beat the Gophers at home in November \:D/

So, any more info on Rehkamp?

PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 » Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:55 pm

SChockey wrote:Being a Husky fan and not knowing anything about this guy, what kind of things can he do for SCSU? They have been struggling since the Lasch years and could use some offensive firepower. Shame to see them below .500.....at least they beat the Gophers at home in November \:D/

http://www.uscho.com/2011/12/28/st-clou ... p-rehkamp/

8)
The Puck
LGW

SChockey

Post by SChockey » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:02 pm

PuckU126 wrote:
SChockey wrote:Being a Husky fan and not knowing anything about this guy, what kind of things can he do for SCSU? They have been struggling since the Lasch years and could use some offensive firepower. Shame to see them below .500.....at least they beat the Gophers at home in November \:D/

http://www.uscho.com/2011/12/28/st-clou ... p-rehkamp/

8)
Thanks, even though they have the same article on the SCSU website and it doesn't give a real good idea of what kind of impact he will have on their struggling offense. Regardless, my Huskies need any help they can get....

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:25 pm

Very nice addition! He is a VERY fast player that willl take another team off their game being that he's all over the ice. Hasn't been much of a scorer in the USHL, but has been kind of having a break out season this year.

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:26 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:Very nice addition! He is a VERY fast player that will take another team off their game being that he's all over the ice. Hasn't been much of a scorer in the USHL, but has been kind of having a break out season this year.
As a 3rd year player and closing in on 21 years old, I'd hope he'd be having more of a "breakout" year than the prior two where he had 11 and 12 pts.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:20 pm

Gopher Blog wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:Very nice addition! He is a VERY fast player that will take another team off their game being that he's all over the ice. Hasn't been much of a scorer in the USHL, but has been kind of having a break out season this year.
As a 3rd year player and closing in on 21 years old, I'd hope he'd be having more of a "breakout" year than the prior two where he had 11 and 12 pts.
And your PR Boy, Nanne, never will. :lol:

.ap4mvp

Post by .ap4mvp » Thu Dec 29, 2011 4:01 pm

Joe Rehkamp's addition to SCSU is nothing more than adding depth to a team that has season ending injuries, a player transfer, and a player in the world junior tourney. If he was a difference maker he would have been on a team well before this.

At least Joe Rehkamp's parents will get a break in tuition coming from Breck to SCSU :lol:

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Fri Dec 30, 2011 10:54 am

I was at the Edina - St Thomas Academy game. It was the first chance I had to see Nanne play this season. There was one shift in particular that stuck out in my mind. He made a ruch down the ice and then hustled back so fast to backcheck the puck carrier. It showed to me the type of hustle the kid as, work ethic he has, and leadership. I will take Nanne on the gophers anyday!

This is off topic, but has Reno developed since being a freshman. I wonder if the same thing will happen to some of their new freshman defenseman. I feel like everyone talked him up back in the day, and I am wondering if he has gotten any better.

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:47 am

MrBoDangles wrote:
Gopher Blog wrote:
Is that the best you've got? May want to check out the quality of the recruits they've got coming in at that time and ask yourself if that is really much of a comeback. 8)

The funny thing is Nanne might end up better than any SCSU recruit coming in for 2014. Of course, since SCSU can't even manage to land a quality 2013 recruit yet, we'll have to guess on that one. :oops:

Nothing against Rehkamp. I'm sure he'll do fine. Just found the "breakout year" comment a bit funny. There wasn't anywhere to go but up considering his best year was 12 pts. in 50+ games

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:28 am

Gopher Blog wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:
Gopher Blog wrote:
Is that the best you've got? May want to check out the quality of the recruits they've got coming in at that time and ask yourself if that is really much of a comeback. 8)

The funny thing is Nanne might end up better than any SCSU recruit coming in for 2014. Of course, since SCSU can't even manage to land a quality 2013 recruit yet, we'll have to guess on that one. :oops:

Nothing against Rehkamp. I'm sure he'll do fine. Just found the "breakout year" comment a bit funny. There wasn't anywhere to go but up considering his best year was 12 pts. in 50+ games
2010-11 12 pts in 58 games
2011-12 14 pts in his 21 games.... He was on pace for 40+ this season. :idea:

Yes, all those recruits show the magnitude of the Gopher's underachievments. :oops: :cry:

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:18 pm

They got Benik coming in!!!!!!

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Sun Jan 01, 2012 10:58 am

Tigers33 wrote:They got Benik coming in!!!!!!
IKR! The Goofs will have a hard time earning a split next year. :wink:

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Mon Jan 02, 2012 1:19 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:2010-11 12 pts in 58 games
Your forgot the 11 pts in 50+ games he had in 2009-2010.

A 40 pt season in that league is not terribly impressive when you are going to turn 21 years old halfway thru the season. I'd remind you Joey Miller had a 49 pt. season as a 20 year old in that league and he barely gets ice time as a senior at the U this year.

I'd expect a two year veteran that is 20/21 years old to put up some decent numbers in that league. Just needs some perspective.
Yes, all those recruits show the magnitude of the Gopher's underachievments. :oops: :cry:
Yep there were a few down years but they've adjusted enough where there is no doubt they are back on track. The standings bear that out... and their recruiting has been very successful in the last 6+ months. Especially after they got rid of that anchor named John Hill. Loaded with talent that is more tailor made for 3 or 4 years of high caliber college play than anything else. Motzko would kill to even have a couple of guys out of that 2013 Gopher class.

PS - For all the pats on the back types like you give Motzko, he's the one underachieving. In the standings and in recruiting. SCSU's margin for error is smaller than ever. I realize he may get a statue erected of his likeness in front of NHC for winning one NCAA tourney game but he isn't getting it done.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Jan 02, 2012 3:59 pm

Gopher Blog wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:2010-11 12 pts in 58 games
Your forgot the 11 pts in 50+ games he had in 2009-2010.

A 40 pt season in that league is not terribly impressive when you are going to turn 21 years old halfway thru the season. I'd remind you Joey Miller had a 49 pt. season as a 20 year old in that league and he barely gets ice time as a senior at the U this year.

I'd expect a two year veteran that is 20/21 years old to put up some decent numbers in that league. Just needs some perspective.
Yep there were a few down years but they've adjusted enough where there is no doubt they are back on track. The standings bear that out... and their recruiting has been very successful in the last 6+ months. Especially after they got rid of that anchor named John Hill. Loaded with talent that is more tailor made for 3 or 4 years of high caliber college play than anything else. Motzko would kill to even have a couple of guys out of that 2013 Gopher class.

PS - For all the pats on the back types like you give Motzko, he's the one underachieving. In the standings and in recruiting. SCSU's margin for error is smaller than ever. I realize he may get a statue erected of his likeness in front of NHC for winning one NCAA tourney game but he isn't getting it done.
Like I said.... More points this season in A THIRD of the games :idea:

You could talk, IF,,, Motzko had the same recruits as Lucia and failed as miserably!

The joke is that SCSU is 4-2 in the last six meetings :lol: :P

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 7:13 pm

Benik! Benik! Benik!

Why were there three comma's in your last post?

Its not good when everyone rips the Gophers for going after the Reilly twins (Connor and Ryan) and Connor has 12 more points that Benik and Ryan has just 7 less. Oh oh!

Hopefully St. Cloud has some studs coming in to surround Benik with.

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:36 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:The joke is that SCSU is 4-2 in the last six meetings :lol: :P
Or you mean in the previous 3 seasons when the Gophers were down, the Gophers were still 7-3 against SCSU. :wink:

But at least you have to the common sense to recognize that Motzko's recruiting ability is vastly overrated. He should have Dahl be his recruiting coordinator. :oops:

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:12 am

Tigers33 wrote:Benik! Benik! Benik!

Why were there three comma's in your last post?

Its not good when everyone rips the Gophers for going after the Reilly twins (Connor and Ryan) and Connor has 12 more points that Benik and Ryan has just 7 less. Oh oh!

Hopefully St. Cloud has some studs coming in to surround Benik with.
"comma's"..........? You's ha's to's be's jokin's right's? :D

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:21 am

Gopher Blog wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:The joke is that SCSU is 4-2 in the last six meetings :lol: :P
Or you mean in the previous 3 seasons when the Gophers were down, the Gophers were still 7-3 against SCSU. :wink:

But at least you have to the common sense to recognize that Motzko's recruiting ability is vastly overrated. He should have Dahl be his recruiting coordinator. :oops:
I'm into more recent stats. :wink:

Would Lucia do better in Motzko's shoe(')s? :oops:

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:49 am

gophers...22 pts
huskies....13 pts

End of discussion.

Someone pass the popcorn please.

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:41 pm

Tigers33 wrote:gophers...22 pts
huskies....13 pts

End of discussion.

It will make the flop all the better.

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:21 pm

MrBoDangles wrote:Would Lucia do better in Motzko's shoe(')s? :oops:
Actually, Lucia already has done better if you know anything about WCHA history. When Lucia took over CC in the 1990s, they were in far, far worse shape than SCSU was when Motzko took over. Coming off of a last place finish in the WCHA and a 6-26 record. A ratty old rink and a program some felt was on the brink of possible extinction. Lucia immediately turned things around by leading them to three straight league titles, a national runner up, and another Frozen Four in his 4th year there.

So yes... Lucia would do better. He's proven it under more difficult circumstances. Motzko has done what in comparison to that? One NCAA win? lol

Kind of an easy question to answer.

Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog » Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:22 pm

Tigers33 wrote:gophers...22 pts
huskies....13 pts

End of discussion.

He's too focused on Motzko's stellar recruiting and overachieving teams to understand things like that. :oops: :lol:

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Wed Jan 04, 2012 7:23 am

Gopher Blog wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:Would Lucia do better in Motzko's shoe(')s? :oops:
Actually, Lucia already has done better if you know anything about WCHA history. When Lucia took over CC in the 1990s, they were in far, far worse shape than SCSU was when Motzko took over. Coming off of a last place finish in the WCHA and a 6-26 record. A ratty old rink and a program some felt was on the brink of possible extinction. Lucia immediately turned things around by leading them to three straight league titles, a national runner up, and another Frozen Four in his 4th year there.

So yes... Lucia would do better. He's proven it under more difficult circumstances. Motzko has done what in comparison to that? One NCAA win? lol

Kind of an easy question to answer.
You would be on your knees for Jimmy Jones too. :lol:

What's been Lucia's problem then in recent times? Do you really think it was all Lucia at CC?

Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 » Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:39 am

Blame the coach in bad times!! Than praise the coach for success!!

He has had an up and down career, but all in all its pretty impressive.