Northern Edge Hockey AAA Tryouts

Please post all discussion of these items to this forum.

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

payin4ice

Northern Edge Hockey AAA Tryouts

Post by payin4ice » Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:31 pm

Anybody know of Northern Edge Hockey? They have AAA tryouts this weekend in Richfield. Any good?

Listen2me

Post by Listen2me » Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:49 pm

My opinion, but since you asked I'll share. Our son participated several years ago and this organization is a joke. Will fill you full of "we are this" " we are that." I'll tell you what they are, they are about making money and catering to sponsors. And guess what, sometimes their largest sponsors have kids on the team, kind of like a coaches kid. The guy who runs it ...last name starts with W can't stop himself. Sent out the craziest emails about commitment, desire, etc I won't go into any further detail but you'll have to trust me it was the wrong message for anyone younger than D1 player. Take your money and give it to a worthy charity and run as fast you can. For the record I'm all about commitment, desire etc but these people are off the charts.

payin4ice

Post by payin4ice » Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:02 pm

Thanks for the heads up on this one. I think my kid is smarter than me. I asked if he wanted to try out for this team and his reply "looks cheesie". Well you just confirmed it. We never went to the tryouts.

Now, to make a plan for this summer - he is 2001 and i feel behind. Been going to hockey schools thus far. All of the AAA teams have been formed, he has no chance of finding once that will take him.

Marty

Post by Marty » Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:24 pm

Better teams are usually invite teams.

Plenty of varsity players out there that have never played in AAA.

Hoc2x21

Post by Hoc2x21 » Tue Mar 06, 2012 11:46 pm

payin4ice wrote:Thanks for the heads up on this one. I think my kid is smarter than me. I asked if he wanted to try out for this team and his reply "looks cheesie". Well you just confirmed it. We never went to the tryouts.

Now, to make a plan for this summer - he is 2001 and i feel behind. Been going to hockey schools thus far. All of the AAA teams have been formed, he has no chance of finding once that will take him.
AAA hockey can be fun for your child and rewarding for your entire family. Be Careful! Do your best to find an honest organization that is not only in it for the money. We have experienced both and learned from the school of hard knocks the first time.
Consider a high quality hockey camp such as Minnesota Hockey Camps in Nisswa, MN run by Chuck Grillo and his family. From what I understand you won't regret it. I really believe that the more puck touches you get in a high quality setting the more your child will benefit. By the way I have no affiliation with MN Hockey Camps, but I have heard nothing but positive about it and am planning to send my sons there this summer. Best of Luck to you!