Will Blaine beat MG Again!!!!!!!

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Will win Maple Grove or Blaine

Poll ended at Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:56 am

Maple Grove
58%
Blaine
43%

Total votes: 40

hockey1504

Will Blaine beat MG Again!!!!!!!

Post by hockey1504 »

We all know that Blaine and there coaching staff have there confident little strut going and wear their decade of dominance shirts everywhere! But does everyone think that Blaine will beat MG again when MG is clearly the better team????????? HHHMMM :shock:
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

Closer game than most would think I'd bet, just as last year. But MG's depth may be too much. I'll be the crazy one who says Blaine gets the W on some very fortunate bounces

Blaine-4
MG-2
hockey1504

Post by hockey1504 »

LetsPlayHockey22 wrote:Closer game than most would think I'd bet, just as last year. But MG's depth may be too much. I'll be the crazy one who says Blaine gets the W on some very fortunate bounces

Blaine-4
MG-2
Wowzer I won't disagree with you at all they very well could win but like you said Maple Grove has a ton of depth. There are a couple players on Maple Grove that could cost them some goals if they play them regularly. All in all if Blaine wins that is an upset and MG's coach is going to get ran out of town old school style with pitch forks. Blaine could out coach MG coach plain and simple.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Should be a good game. As stated, MG is clearly the better team, however, Blaine does seem to have their number in this thing we call a section final. I wouldn't be overly suprised to see Dave Aus and the Bengals at the X again. I will still go with MG though. 5-3.
LetsPlayHockey22

hockey1504 wrote:
LetsPlayHockey22 wrote:Closer game than most would think I'd bet, just as last year. But MG's depth may be too much. I'll be the crazy one who says Blaine gets the W on some very fortunate bounces

Blaine-4
MG-2
Wowzer I won't disagree with you at all they very well could win but like you said Maple Grove has a ton of depth. There are a couple players on Maple Grove that could cost them some goals if they play them regularly. All in all if Blaine wins that is an upset and MG's coach is going to get ran out of town old school style with pitch forks. Blaine could out coach MG coach plain and simple.
Well my point was, Maple Grove can get scoring from many players. They have 6-7 players with 30+ points and 10 or more goals. Blaine has 2 players with over 30 points and 2-3 with over 10 goals. So Blaine will have to play a much more defensive game than usual to keep MG off the board because they have more offsensive talent.
hockey1504

Post by hockey1504 »

LetsPlayHockey22 wrote:
hockey1504 wrote:

Blaine-4
MG-2
Well my point was, Maple Grove can get scoring from many players. They have 6-7 players with 30+ points and 10 or more goals. Blaine has 2 players with over 30 points and 2-3 with over 10 goals. So Blaine will have to play a much more defensive game than usual to keep MG off the board because they have more offsensive talent.
Yes very true :) I was just elaborating and adding way more to your point. I think MG has better Goaltending too, nothing fancy from their goalie he just get the job done.
LetsPlayHockey22

hockey1504 wrote:
LetsPlayHockey22 wrote:
hockey1504 wrote: Wowzer I won't disagree with you at all they very well could win but like you said Maple Grove has a ton of depth. There are a couple players on Maple Grove that could cost them some goals if they play them regularly. All in all if Blaine wins that is an upset and MG's coach is going to get ran out of town old school style with pitch forks. Blaine could out coach MG coach plain and simple.
Yes very true :) I was just elaborating and adding way more to your point. I think MG has better Goaltending too, nothing fancy from their goalie he just get the job done.
I haven't seen Koop much this year but Malvin has been very inconsistant so if he's off his game it could get ugly, if he's on I'd expect a good game.
hockey1504

Post by hockey1504 »

my honest prediction is maple grove 6 blaine 2! Maple grove will get one open netter though so really 5-2
DmanDad1980

Post by DmanDad1980 »

There will be no magic for Blaine this year...

Maple Grove 5-2
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

I think Maple Grove gets over the hump this year and wins this game.
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

It's all up to the goalies.

:idea:
Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
hockey1504

Post by hockey1504 »

EREmpireStrikesBack wrote:It's all up to the goalies.

You could say that about any game though just about. Realistically though MG goalie has been better all year. (my opinion)
HockeyGuy81

Post by HockeyGuy81 »

And if the goalies play exactly the same, MG will win because they are a better team.
MNhky12

Post by MNhky12 »

Maple Grove seems to collapse when it comes to big games, especially when they are talked up to be so good. Blaine has nothing to lose and will play this game very tough!! I think Blaine makes another trek to the X!

BLAINE-4
Maple Grove -3
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

Blaine 5 4 in double ot
2012 pond hockey All Star
hockey1504

Post by hockey1504 »

MNhky12 wrote:Maple Grove seems to collapse when it comes to big games, especially when they are talked up to be so good. Blaine has nothing to lose and will play this game very tough!! I think Blaine makes another trek to the X!

BLAINE-4
Maple Grove -3
The problem here is Maple Grove got a lot of hype in the past because its "maple grove" some prestige school. But now they are actually a really good team this year and if they don't win its a huge upset and it more than likely be of two reasons. MG goalie chokes again like last year even though its a different goalie. Or AUS again out coaches stefano which very well could happen. But maple grove is actually really good this year
mightyknight

Post by mightyknight »

hockey 1504, you must be a disgruntled Centennial fan if you really care about what the Blaine coaches wear. Yes Maple Grove is the better team, but this is why we play the game. Good luck in state who ever wins!
EREmpireStrikesBack

Post by EREmpireStrikesBack »

hockey1504 wrote:

You could say that about any game though just about. Realistically though MG goalie has been better all year. (my opinion)
That is true, but I think it is especially important in this game. MG has been the better goalie all year, but with that said if he doesn't play at his best I think Blaine's aggressive play will give them the edge. Also, if Blaine's goalie decides to not let in a weak goal that will be the difference as well.

Basically I think Blaine's style will be a big edge for them, but if the MG goalie keeps them at bay it won't matter. Or alternatively if Blaine's goalie gives up anything weak, they'll flounder.

Elk River AA State Champions- 2001 Boys & 2004 Girls
hockey1504

Post by hockey1504 »

mightyknight wrote:hockey 1504, you must be a disgruntled Centennial fan if you really care about what the Blaine coaches wear. Yes Maple Grove is the better team, but this is why we play the game. Good luck in state who ever wins!
Ha no not from blaine, maple grove, or centennial. And not diisgruntled at all either just think its pretty stpuid and a little immature for a coach to participate in that regularely. I understand the players doing it and fans and what not but not a coach. Sorry just my opinion.
fivehole628

Post by fivehole628 »

hockey1504 wrote:

We get it. You're from Maple Grove. You want them to win. You hate Blaine. Yaddah yaddah yaddah.
hockey1504

Post by hockey1504 »

fivehole628 wrote:
hockey1504 wrote:

We get it. You're from Maple Grove. You want them to win. You hate Blaine. Yaddah yaddah yaddah.
read older posts not a maple grove guy actually. I don't care who wins to be honest. I would like see maple grove win for the simple fact that blaine wins every year and does nothing in the state tournament. Maple grove might and I repeat myself MIGHT have a chance to actually take a run at the title.
mightyknight

Post by mightyknight »

I agree, If Maple Grove can win tonight they would be probably the 2 seed. I do think they have all the tools to win it.
gopherpuck516

Post by gopherpuck516 »

I know it's two different sets of teams, but just as Lakeville South did last night I expect Maple Grove to take out their frustration from last year's sections on Blaine tonight and beat them. My guess MG with a 6-2 win.
trev2k1

Post by trev2k1 »

MG rolls through 6-1, they want it too much
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

Maple Grove in a yawn fest 6-1 over Blaine (even though I voted for Blaine in the poll to frustrate the kid who posted this topic and clearly wants Maple Grove to win)