Will Blaine beat MG Again!!!!!!!

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Will win Maple Grove or Blaine

Poll ended at Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:56 am

Maple Grove
58%
Blaine
43%

Total votes: 40

UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow »

Feel bad for Malvin to have to end his career on a note like that. Didn't have a chance on a lot of those MG goals, and did his best. MG's powerplay did exactly what they needed to do on that 5 minute major. Very impressive puck movement on that powerplay. I love to see Blaine get de-throwned in their section. Tough that the game got decided from that penalty, but it had to be called. State is going to be a very impressive draw this year.
slyer

Post by slyer »

16-1
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Ha!! Seriously?! Quit complaining. The game would ended up brutal either way. Blaine got a 5 min power play in the first period too. How did they do? :)

Was I far off on my post? Honestly...
northern_guy

Post by northern_guy »

slyer wrote:16-1
15-1 but i am sure we are not done yet
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

UntouchableFlow wrote:Feel bad for Malvin to have to end his career on a note like that. Didn't have a chance on a lot of those MG goals, and did his best. MG's powerplay did exactly what they needed to do on that 5 minute major. Very impressive puck movement on that powerplay. I love to see Blaine get de-throwned in their section. Tough that the game got decided from that penalty, but it had to be called. State is going to be a very impressive draw this year.
Not sure how you can say the game was decided in the 1st? Wasn't there, but I'd say MG pp and pk had a huge impact. Blaine must have just given up, no way you should get embarassed like that in a section final!
northern_guy

Post by northern_guy »

after 6 straight trips to the x by blaine i am happy to not have to watch them play there for a change.
Master Recruiter

Post by Master Recruiter »

wow, incredible
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

15-1 final according to the Hub.

Worst blowout in section final history, from what I've been able to find. The records prior to 1960 get a little sketchy, but the biggest margin I've been able to find was 10 goals, even considering Class A finals.

Brutal.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

Hats off to a great Maple Grove team. It will be fun to follow them in the tournament.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

Did they play running time in the 3rd or is that only for regular season games?
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

15-1 Final

Kinda interesting to see MG throw their equipment everywhere after a huge defeat like that, but whatever, congrats to them. They deserve the W and a trip to State, finally.

As for the score, I'm anticipating posts and threads of complaints. :roll: Just so you know, scores like that will never stop. They're young athletes that try their best all the time, which is a good thing. You can sort teams by caliber, school size, etc. all you want, but the fact of the matter is teams are going to crush one another from time to time and not give a crap about the other team's feelings. That's the nature of competitive sports, especially at their age.

Again, congrats to MG, and good luck in St. Paul.

8)
Last edited by PuckU126 on Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Puck
LGW
hockey1504

Post by hockey1504 »

Wowzer nothing to do with coaching. Blaine just flat out gave up. Was at the gam blaine looked like ABSOlUTE CRAP!
Hscout000

Post by Hscout000 »

Don't feel bad for Blaine. This team has struggled all year with leadership from the upperclassmen. Malvin has not been good at all this year and a save percentage of .667 does not cut it for championship teams. Maple Grove is just a better team top to bottom and that is all. Hats off to Maple Grove they deserve the victory.
UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow »

mulefarm wrote:
UntouchableFlow wrote:Feel bad for Malvin to have to end his career on a note like that. Didn't have a chance on a lot of those MG goals, and did his best. MG's powerplay did exactly what they needed to do on that 5 minute major. Very impressive puck movement on that powerplay. I love to see Blaine get de-throwned in their section. Tough that the game got decided from that penalty, but it had to be called. State is going to be a very impressive draw this year.
Not sure how you can say the game was decided in the 1st? Wasn't there, but I'd say MG pp and pk had a huge impact. Blaine must have just given up, no way you should get embarrassed like that in a section final!
The penalty completely decided the game. If Blaine isn't in a 4-0 hole, 5 minutes into the game, that game is drastically different. I think MG still would have won, but when you have to dig yourself out of a 4-0 hole it changes your mental game too. When you play a team with as good of a powerplay as MG, you don't take penalties, simple as that.
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

As for the score not much you can complain about that. The talent level between the two teams isnt necessarily even, but a lot closer than Cooper/Benilde or Lakeville/Winona. Obviously Blaine just flat out quit. I will guess the Blaine coach is happy they kept giving it to his team. Teach those kids a lesson not to quit. I would say the complaints are worthy if the talent was obviously at a different level. I think everyone thought of a 4-1 type game.
blueliner5

Post by blueliner5 »

How embarassing BLAINE!!! That has to be 1 of the worse scores in two NWSC opponents this year, Holy Crap.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

PuckU126 wrote:15-1 Final

Kinda interesting to see MG throw their equipment everywhere after a huge defeat like that, but whatever, congrats to them. They deserve the W and a trip to State, finally.

As for the score, I'm anticipating posts and threads of complaints. :roll: Just so you know, scores like that will never stop. They're young athletes that try their best all the time, which is a good thing. You can sort teams by caliber, school size, etc. all you want, but the fact of the matter is teams are going to crush one another from time to time and not give a crap about the other team's feelings. That's the nature of competitive sports, especially at their age.

Maybe the threw their equipment becacuse this is the first time in school history they have won the section. MG has had many decent teams that always came up short, including last year. Don't know what you expected them to do after winning biggest game of the year for them?

8)
Maple Grove Crimson#1

Post by Maple Grove Crimson#1 »

8)
Well said!

On the throwing of their equipment, this program has waited for this moment for along time and just because the game got out of hand doesn't mean they shouldn't be albe to celebrate like everyone els!

should be a great state tourney! Im hoping for a East vs. Maple Grove Final!
Teak

Post by Teak »

UntouchableFlow wrote:
mulefarm wrote:
Not sure how you can say the game was decided in the 1st? Wasn't there, but I'd say MG pp and pk had a huge impact. Blaine must have just given up, no way you should get embarrassed like that in a section final!
The penalty completely decided the game. If Blaine isn't in a 4-0 hole, 5 minutes into the game, that game is drastically different. I think MG still would have won, but when you have to dig yourself out of a 4-0 hole it changes your mental game too. When you play a team with as good of a powerplay as MG, you don't take penalties, simple as that.
I agree that the game would have turned out differently, maybe 11-3. Maple Grove looked good, especially their goalie.
Last edited by Teak on Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
the_juiceman

Post by the_juiceman »

blueliner5 wrote:Gotta love it GO CRIMSON GO!!!!!!!!!!! \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Hey #29, #39 and #40 how ya feeling? =D> =D> =D>
I bet you feel like doing this ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)
don't forget the back-up goalie--was it all you hoped for?
blueliner5

Post by blueliner5 »

UntouchableFlow wrote:
mulefarm wrote:
Blaine had there opportunity to capitalize on MG 5 minute major, but nothing transpired due to Blaine not being as talented and deep like MG
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

Maple Grove Crimson#1 wrote:

8)
Well said!

On the throwing of their equipment, this program has waited for this moment for along time and just because the game got out of hand doesn't mean they shouldn't be albe to celebrate like everyone els!

should be a great state tourney! Im hoping for a East vs. Maple Grove Final!
I agree. MG has waited long enough for a State birth. I don't blame them for their celebration.

8)
The Puck
LGW
HockeyGuy81

Post by HockeyGuy81 »

I enjoyed Aus spending 30 seconds bitching to the ref after the initial penalty rather than getting his team ready for the penalty kill. Nothing like getting your kids in the mind set that they're getting screwed by the refs rather than getting them to compete.

Also enjoyed him and his staff raising their arm in the air every time they felt a penalty should have been called. Wish I would have counted the amount of times that happened.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

HockeyGuy81 wrote:I enjoyed Aus spending 30 seconds bitching to the ref after the initial penalty rather than getting his team ready for the penalty kill. Nothing like getting your kids in the mind set that they're getting screwed by the refs rather than getting them to compete.

Also enjoyed him and his staff raising their arm in the air every time they felt a penalty should have been called. Wish I would have counted the amount of times that happened.
Probably about the same amount of times MG raised their hands after a goal.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

mulefarm wrote:

8)
Maybe the threw their equipment becacuse this is the first time in school history they have won the section. MG has had many decent teams that always came up short, including last year. Don't know what you expected them to do after winning biggest game of the year for them?
Who can blame them for celebrating like that considering its their first trip to State?

Again, they're kids, and they're are having one of the best times in their lives!

8)
The Puck
LGW