BSM at the X

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

westsidestory

BSM at the X

Post by westsidestory »

After fighting through arguably the state's toughest section, BSM is returning to the state high school tournament for the first time since 2001 (Class A team then) and is the sentimental favorite, after enduring an emotionally tough season with the debilitating injury to JJ. After disposing of the "sailor boys" from the Mpls western burbs of Excelsior, Shorewood and Minnetonka in the Section 6 final, the unseeded Red Knights get the hated "cake-eaters" from Edina in the Day One quarter-final finale and feature event. Then they are likely to meet Hounds from the "right side of the tracks" of Duluth (and the recruited, surrounding area) in the semis. Finally, the Red Knights could see the surging, much-despised Pioneers in the final for "all the marbles" (although I think that the long-deprived (by Blaine) Crimson are much more likely). BSM has a great team on its own merits, but, beyond that, who dares beat the Red Knights in this modern-day melodrama?
gitter

Post by gitter »

BSM qualified for State in 2008 as a AA school.
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

Don't worry, they'll have a great game at Mariucci against Lakeville on Friday. :wink:
Tenoverpar

RED OUTq

Post by Tenoverpar »

SPREAD THE WORD...

White out at the X for the Benilde-Edina Game...JABLONSKI T-shirts should be worn by everyone in attendance.
EHSHack

Re: RED OUTq

Post by EHSHack »

Tenoverpar wrote:SPREAD THE WORD...

White out at the X for the Benilde-Edina Game...JABLONSKI T-shirts should be worn by everyone in attendance.
Or Edina fans could wear Edina colors.
Go Hounds.
edinahornets10

Body Paint

Post by edinahornets10 »

Everyone should just not wear shirts at all and paint there team colors on there body.
Zamman

Post by Zamman »

As much as I hate to say it, Edina is my pick to win this game. I dislike BSM more than Edina. My dislike has been around since I was in HS in the 70's.

BSM played a great game at Marriucci because they can skate and the big ice is what helped them. On the regular sheet Edina has the edge to pinch then BSM players to the boards and cut off the passing lanes.

Take nothing away from BSM and their good season, I just feel that Edina wins.

I also like, MG, DE for the rest of the quarters winners. Eagan or Moorhead, flip the coin....
elliott70

Post by elliott70 »

Zamman wrote:As much as I hate to say it, Edina is my pick to win this game. I dislike BSM more than Edina. My dislike has been around since I was in HS in the 70's.

BSM played a great game at Marriucci because they can skate and the big ice is what helped them. On the regular sheet Edina has the edge to pinch then BSM players to the boards and cut off the passing lanes.

Take nothing away from BSM and their good season, I just feel that Edina wins.

I also like, MG, DE for the rest of the quarters winners. Eagan or Moorhead, flip the coin....
THAT WAS ALONG TIME AGO!

:lol:
blueliner5

Post by blueliner5 »

Maple Grove and Duluth East Saturday night is all that matters. BSM will be taking there white out to Mariucci
edinahornets10

Post by edinahornets10 »

blueliner5 wrote:Maple Grove and Duluth East Saturday night is all that matters. BSM will be taking there white out to Mariucci
Thursday matters to. The games haven't been played yet.
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

I can't believe I am saying this, but.....

GO HORNETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!
edinahornets10

Post by edinahornets10 »

blueliner5 wrote:Maple Grove and Duluth East Saturday night is all that matters. BSM will be taking there white out to Mariucci
Well I guess it's still possible for the consolation on Saturday.
CRS

Post by CRS »

C-dad wrote:Don't worry, they'll have a great game at the X against Lakeville on Friday. :wink:
Close. Just mixed up the venue. :)
PuckU126

Re: RED OUTq

Post by PuckU126 »

Tenoverpar wrote:SPREAD THE WORD...

I saw a lot of red...

8)
The Puck
LGW
Mr.DudeGuy

Post by Mr.DudeGuy »

edinahornets10 wrote:
Well I guess it's still possible for the consolation on Saturday.
:lol:
puck81

Post by puck81 »

C-dad wrote:Don't worry, they'll have a great game at Mariucci against Lakeville on Friday. :wink:
Nice call pops!!! :oops:
westsidestory

Post by westsidestory »

The Red Knights were a team of destiny and, after a dramatic season, they reached their destiny this weekend (the stuff of books/movies). Even though they did not meet the Greyhounds, the Crimson or the Wildcats in the tournament, the Red Knights truly showed that they were the best team at the end of the season, with dominant wins over surprising Lakeville South and surging Hill-Murray. The Justin Kloos-led Cougars were the best team to come out of Section 1 in a long time. The young Pioneers also impressed me and they should be back next year. Finally, the Spuds' Michael Bitzer was amazing. The success of the non-seeded teams in this year's tournament raises the question of whether the seeding process is needed at all. I kind of like the way it was in the past, when there was a rotating schedule that was determined years in advance and there was a chance that the year's top-ranked teams could meet in the first round.