State A Final: [2] St. Thomas Academy vs [1] Hermantown

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who wins?

Hermantown
60%
St. Thomas Academy
40%

Total votes: 35

thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:27 pm

4-0 oh boy this is ugly. STA is just hitting on all cylinders.

thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:33 pm

5 spot

Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:35 pm

east hockey wrote:
Nostalgic Nerd wrote:What was that thing the STA fans were throwing around to each other?
I thought it looked like a Hawks mascot head? :mrgreen:

Lee
Classic! :lol:
I can splash in the rink puddles!

thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:36 pm

H-Town breaks the shutout, 5 on 3 goal by Colquist. 5-1

YouthHockeyDad

STA

Post by YouthHockeyDad » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:38 pm

Maybe the Cadets would feel comfortable playing AA Girls next year? Don't want them to take too much risk.

HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:39 pm

Let me get this straight; Player A goes for the puck with his stick and Player B trips, then B gets up, grabs A by the leg, picks his leg up and A trips.

A gets called for tripping (fine) but B doesn't? #-o ](*,)

defense

Post by defense » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:43 pm

Dangit Hermantown, more smash mouth hockey! Get on 'em. :twisted:

hockey59

Post by hockey59 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:43 pm

Sats81 wrote:2 quick ones and this ones getting outta control. 4-0 STA
This one's OVER....and the pathetic thing is cronies like HSHockeywatcher and TheStickler07...think they are accomplishing something SPECIAL

What a joke...STA playing Class A and they're supporters trying to justify it...talk about trophy chasing...and not challenging they're kids to play against the best and win a title that actually means something. Props to BSM and HM. They might not be liked, but they are respected...STA is neither.

5-1 now...but still still OVER.[/i][/b]

kpryan88

Post by kpryan88 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:43 pm

Can section 216 chant "tro-phy cha-sers" til this one is over? Enough is enough; prove you have a pair and move up already... Or are you scared you might lose?

hockey59

Re: STA

Post by hockey59 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:44 pm

YouthHockeyDad wrote:Maybe the Cadets would feel comfortable playing AA Girls next year? Don't want them to take too much risk.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

puckstopper33

Post by puckstopper33 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:46 pm

Anybody else noticing the constant little slashes and chirps behind the play by STA? But i have to say they look very good right now.

deacon

Post by deacon » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:47 pm

This was considered a down year for STA too, just wait until they win it again next year. All hell is going to break loose.

thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:49 pm

deacon wrote:This was considered a down year for STA too, just wait until they win it again next year. All hell is going to break loose.
I just hope the administration finally buckles and caves into the opting up idea. They could very well be much improved next year.

deacon

Post by deacon » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:50 pm

thestickler07 wrote:
deacon wrote:This was considered a down year for STA too, just wait until they win it again next year. All hell is going to break loose.
I just hope the administration finally buckles and caves into the opting up idea. They could very well be much improved next year.
Yeah, I agree but they have to play A next year. They cant opt up until after next year.

royals03

Post by royals03 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:50 pm

Everybody wants to praise the Vanelli's (sp) for what a great job they do as coaches, I am not going to take that away. I will say this, now if you really want to see what you can do move up to where you belong not based off your student population, but based off the ability of your program. Now if you are scared say you are scared. BSM has done fine with the move. To think you can't handle it at the AA level is ridiculous you are dismantling an undefeated team. Fluke I don't think so. :twisted:
Just listend to H-town's coach understandbly he sounds frustrated, not because they are losing, but because he knows he is playing a team that should be in AA.

defense

Post by defense » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:51 pm

puckstopper33 wrote:Anybody else noticing the constant little slashes and chirps behind the play by STA? But i have to say they look very good right now.
Yah, that's kinda stuff they need to rally around.

thestickler07

Post by thestickler07 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:52 pm

deacon wrote:
thestickler07 wrote:
Yeah, I agree but they have to play A next year. They cant opt up until after next year.
Ya it is a two year agreement but I'll say I'd be pretty mad at the administration if they didn't at least make the MSHSL say "no" to them after this year. If the score holds and they really only allow 1 goal the entire tourney? The MSHSL probably would make an exception...

Irishhockey007

Post by Irishhockey007 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:55 pm

royals03 wrote:Everybody wants to praise the Vanelli's (sp) for what a great job they do as coaches, I am not going to take that away. I will say this, now if you really want to see what you can do move up to where you belong not based off your student population, but based off the ability of your program. Now if you are scared say you are scared. BSM has done fine with the move. To think you can't handle it at the AA level is ridiculous you are dismantling an undefeated team. Fluke I don't think so. :twisted:
Just listend to H-town's coach understandbly he sounds frustrated, not because they are losing, but because he knows he is playing a team that should be in AA.
I really am beginning to understand why all of the northern teams are so weak and frustrated with teams like STA, because their parents/relatives who post on this site are soft and support making excuses rather than working harder to beat these tough teams.

HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:55 pm

hockey59 wrote:
This one's OVER....and the pathetic thing is cronies like HSHockeywatcher and TheStickler07...think they are accomplishing something SPECIAL

What a joke...STA playing Class A and they're supporters trying to justify it...talk about trophy chasing...and not challenging they're kids to play against the best and win a title that actually means something. Props to BSM and HM. They might not be liked, but they are respected...STA is neither.

This strikes me as so odd. All season long there were Hermantown supporters saying they thought their squad was the best team in state, regardless of class, that they could play with Duluth East, and that they hoped they'd get the #2 seed so they could beat both Breck and St Thomas.
All season long I was called biased and a homer for putting St Thomas in the #1 spot on my rankings because Hermantown was clearly the better team and they've proven it. Winning all season with outstanding defense.

Now that we're at the tournament, where are all those comments? The head coach has made excuses for them to lose, all the fingers are pointed and people are conceding before the game even happens. Somehow the Hawks got the top seed, yet their coach and all the announcers call them the underdog.

All we'd had all season long was disrespect from the Hermantown supporters communities and now that this game has come around no one can just say "you're better, good job" but instead make more excuses. There has been no disrespect from the private school communities; just kids going out and playing hockey.

If they could opt up for one year, I'm sure St Thomas would for next year. They can't.

Good luck to all the seniors in the off season before continuing playing hockey post secondary.

hockey59

Post by hockey59 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:55 pm

thestickler07 wrote:

Got to throw some credit your way Stickler...you obviously realize STA playing AA is the proper and right thing to do...but I don't hold out much hope that HSHockeywatcher shares this view...he seems happier collecting trophys because STA can. :roll:

hockey59

Post by hockey59 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:04 pm

HShockeywatcher wrote:
hockey59 wrote:

This strikes me as so odd. All season long there were Hermantown supporters saying they thought their squad was the best team in state, regardless of class, that they could play with Duluth East, and that they hoped they'd get the #2 seed so they could beat both Breck and St Thomas.
All season long I was called biased and a homer for putting St Thomas in the #1 spot on my rankings because Hermantown was clearly the better team and they've proven it. Winning all season with outstanding defense.

Now that we're at the tournament, where are all those comments? The head coach has made excuses for them to lose, all the fingers are pointed and people are conceding before the game even happens. Somehow the Hawks got the top seed, yet their coach and all the announcers call them the underdog.

All we'd had all season long was disrespect from the Hermantown supporters communities and now that this game has come around no one can just say "you're better, good job" but instead make more excuses. There has been no disrespect from the private school communities; just kids going out and playing hockey.

If they could opt up for one year, I'm sure St Thomas would for next year. They can't.

Good luck to all the seniors in the off season before continuing playing hockey post secondary.
Just once HSHockeyWatcher people like myself (posting on this subject) would like you to admit the obvious...that STA belongs in AA for boys hockey.

But I guess your last post is as close as your going to come to admitting this to be the truth.

HShockeywatcher

Post by HShockeywatcher » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:05 pm

hockey59 wrote:
thestickler07 wrote:

Got to throw some credit your way Stickler...you obviously realize STA playing AA is the proper and right thing to do...but I don't hold out much hope that HSHockeywatcher shares this view...he seems happier collecting trophys because STA can. :roll:
Then you must seem happy not actually reading my posts and commenting on them. I don't believe in a class system where those who are good in it need to move up. Nor do many people here, they just want to point fingers.

I would love to see them opt up for a multitude of reasons that I've listed previously. :twisted:

royals03

Post by royals03 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:10 pm

Irishhockey007 wrote:
royals03 wrote:Everybody wants to praise the Vanelli's (sp) for what a great job they do as coaches, I am not going to take that away. I will say this, now if you really want to see what you can do move up to where you belong not based off your student population, but based off the ability of your program. Now if you are scared say you are scared. BSM has done fine with the move. To think you can't handle it at the AA level is ridiculous you are dismantling an undefeated team. Fluke I don't think so. :twisted:
I really am beginning to understand why all of the northern teams are so weak and frustrated with teams like STA, because their parents/relatives who post on this site are soft and support making excuses rather than working harder to beat these tough teams.
You are funny you chose my post to to respond to and call me a parent and or relative of northern schools. You should follow the forum more often between your scouting for new tlaent for ST Thomas. I am a Rogers Royals fan and if you are not familiar with the state we are just west of the cities.
Oh and you are right I am sure H-town just sat on their keesters this summer and an undefeated season just fell in their lap. I am going to assume you have a private education as well and if so I am sorry how wrong I was about how good the education is for privates. :lol: :shock: :twisted: :roll: \:D/
Last edited by royals03 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

defense

Post by defense » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:12 pm

Irishhockey007 wrote:
This is my point of view also, and I am from the outstate up north. Long gone are our strong leaders who used to try and push us to be better, now we just get complacent and look for excuses, play in leagues that we can be a power in without much work for improvement instead of playing up to push everything forward. I kinda wonder if the fact that most of the babby boomer generation are now grandparents instead of parents has something to do with it.

hockey59

Post by hockey59 » Sat Mar 10, 2012 2:12 pm

HShockeywatcher wrote:
hockey59 wrote:
thestickler07 wrote:

Then you must seem happy not actually reading my posts and commenting on them. I don't believe in a class system where those who are good in it need to move up. Nor do many people here, they just want to point fingers.

I would love to see them opt up for a multitude of reasons that I've listed previously. :twisted:

Glad to finally hear you admit the obvious.

BTW have you ever played hockey? BECAUSE most hockey player want to play against the best. The " I don't believe in a class system where those who are good in it need to move up." argument might work for other sports...but not HOCKEY.