Hill-Murray vs. BSM 3/10 AA Championship

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Wins?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:18 pm

Hill-Murray
33%
BSM
68%

Total votes: 40

WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

karl(east) wrote:Besse is having a Spehar-esque night.

He's similar to Dave in several ways, now that I think of it.
Great play by Horn also
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

Intermission...Time for a word from our sponsor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVS1UfCfxlU
thorhockey

Post by thorhockey »

Been a great Junior tryout beat-down game

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Not quite done yet. Hill finally finds the back of the net.
vf-guy

Post by vf-guy »

karl(east) wrote:Not quite done yet. Hill finally finds the back of the net.
BSM 3
HM 0
Refs 1

karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Now this really isn't over. Spearing major and game misconduct on Horton.
green4

Post by green4 »

you like to see them win for jabs but i just cant when the team floats when there up 8-0 over lakeville and always flopping out there plus they are extremely dirty that slash to the guys boys is absolutely terrible, and the punch Loboskiey had is bad. and after Besse's 3rd goal he was chirping the hill kids, act like you got a hat trick and celebrate don't chirp the other kid for making a bad play. I have no respect for benilde
Krispy

Post by Krispy »

Besse with his 5th,

3rd shorthander?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

GRANT BESSE =D>

We are probably watching the greatest individual performance in a State championship game ever.
pioneer83

Post by pioneer83 »

1- Had the refs been better earlier, there would not have been so many third period penalties

2-HM should start declining penalties

3- Grant Beese-- next Gretzke?

4- Hill too methodical and cutesy SHOOT already

5-Congrats BSM- they were the better team

GO JABBY
Last edited by pioneer83 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

green4 wrote:you like to see them win for jabs but i just cant when the team floats when there up 8-0 over lakeville and always flopping out there plus they are extremely dirty that slash to the guys boys is absolutely terrible, and the punch Loboskiey had is bad. and after Besse's 3rd goal he was chirping the hill kids, act like you got a hat trick and celebrate don't chirp the other kid for making a bad play. I have no respect for benilde
God bless Jabs but did Benilde have any checking from behind called against them after the accident? If not they can claim They won for Jabs
vf-guy

Post by vf-guy »

awesome performances all around.
youngblood08

Post by youngblood08 »

How does the MSHSL allow the Dean of Students at Lakeville South high school be a ref for this game? Boche was trying to make up for some of Lakeville's Friday evening pain. Yes the spear was a needed call but how many chances did he have to give Hill at the end?
blueblood

Besse

Post by blueblood »

[quote="karl(east)"]GRANT BESSE =D>

We are probably watching the greatest individual performance in a State championship game ever.[/quote]

Agreed
pioneer83

Post by pioneer83 »

Anyone at the X- why did Benilde stop shaking hands after the first two medals?
Orty

Post by Orty »

WarmUpTheBus wrote:Does Besse ever pass the puck?
You can't score if you pass the puck.

Besides, not a fan of his chirping after he scores when he's on the bench. One of the goals he scored, he dodged his teammates and skated to center ice. Keepin' in classy. :roll:

Nice job with 5 goals. Now lets work on some class.

Orty
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Congrats to Benilde. They got the job done--and did it with style. They have been through a lot this year--at the beginning they looked like a disorganized mess. But they pulled it all together, and no doubt Jack Jablonski's injury played a key role in getting them to rally together and go win a title. Props to Ken Pauly and his staff for making it all happen. After a tough luck season, things really started to break their way down the stretch, with potential dangerous opponents like Eden Prairie, Duluth East, and Eagan being upset, and Hill missing on a lot of early chances that could have changed the complexion of the title game. Destiny? You never know.

Credit also goes out to Bill Lechner and crew for taking a team that many thought would be down some and getting them to the title game. They are always fun to watch in March.
Orty

Post by Orty »

green4 wrote:you like to see them win for jabs but i just cant when the team floats when there up 8-0 over lakeville and always flopping out there plus they are extremely dirty that slash to the guys boys is absolutely terrible, and the punch Loboskiey had is bad. and after Besse's 3rd goal he was chirping the hill kids, act like you got a hat trick and celebrate don't chirp the other kid for making a bad play. I have no respect for benilde
I turned on this game and then after thinking about what I was watching, I turned it off. I just can't watch this. Private vs. Private isn't what "this" was suppose to be about.

Orty
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

Orty wrote:

Besides, not a fan of his chirping after he scores when he's on the bench. One of the goals he scored, he dodged his teammates and skated to center ice. Keepin' in classy. :roll:

Orty
I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
Maybe he doen't see the ice well or maybe the coaches encourage him to shoot every time he touches the puck. Worked tonight.
12to14

Post by 12to14 »

Poor Sport #20 took off his medal
Big Daddy

Post by Big Daddy »

C'mon Hill...I get it. You lost but you got to the big dance. Guentzel taking off his medal as he skated back to the group was completely disrespectful and no one coming forward to get the trophy.....really. I guess that's what you get when you put together a team of "superstars" who can't stand losing. EVERY kid who puts on skates at 2 years old dreams of just playing in this tournament. Enjoy the moment you got, embrace the experience, feel the loss but show the respect what you achieved deserves.
Orty

Post by Orty »

WarmUpTheBus wrote:
Orty wrote:

Orty
I will give him the benefit of the doubt.
Maybe he doen't see the ice well or maybe the coaches encourage him to shoot every time he touches the puck. Worked tonight.
Nah. Based on the chirping, we're all seeing his true colors.

Orty
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

Big Daddy wrote:C'mon Hill...I get it. You lost but you got to the big dance. Guentzel taking off his medal as he skated back to the group was completely disrespectful and no one coming forward to get the trophy.....really. I guess that's what you get when you put together a team of "superstars" who can't stand losing. EVERY kid who puts on skates at 2 years old dreams of just playing in this tournament. Enjoy the moment you got, embrace the experience, feel the loss but show the respect what you achieved deserves.
Kids do stupid stuff. Respect your opposition because without them their would be no game
12to14

Post by 12to14 »

You don't need to be nice to him. His Daddy won't get your kid on the Gophers
pecochran

Post by pecochran »

pioneer83 wrote:Anyone at the X- why did Benilde stop shaking hands after the first two medals?
Camera man made them stop. Same with Hill. I'm guessing it slows things down too much.