Hill-Murray vs. BSM 3/10 AA Championship

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Wins?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:18 pm

Hill-Murray
33%
BSM
68%

Total votes: 40

hockey59

Post by hockey59 »

Anybody know if AA 3rd place game tickets also get you admitted the SHIP game? If not, what time tonight do remaining SHiP games tickets go on sale at XCEL?
stmartin123

Post by stmartin123 »

hockey59 wrote:Anybody know if AA 3rd place game tickets also get you admitted the SHIP game? If not, what time tonight do remaining SHiP games tickets go on sale at XCEL?
Yes they do. Not a lot of people know that!
Don't hate STA. I wouldn't want to lose either.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Endless ranting about private schools aside, I think we're going to have a good game tonight. I especially enjoy the contrasting coaching styles on display. Lechner is a very reserved, team-focused guy who has his teams playing great great defense and physical hockey this time of year. Pauly is far more emotional, and you can see that in his teams, too. There's plenty to be said for both styles, and whichever team can dictate the tone of this game will probably come out the winner.
Monsterbuck1

Post by Monsterbuck1 »

I personally think it's more special to win a State Championship with my buddies I grew up playing hockey with. How fun is it to win with kids that I've only known for a few years? Herbie said this himself when comparing his high school years to winning Gold. I say - stay together and win or lose with your buddies. Good luck tonight private schools! I'm sure your memories will be great.
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

IT'S ON!! :)
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Loving the physicality in this one so far. Both teams are bringing it, especially Hill. It has the crowd fired up here at the X.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Besse draws first blood. But despite 2 penalties, Hill has been getting some great looks. Guentzel is on fire to start this one.
vf-guy

Post by vf-guy »

karl(east) wrote:Loving the physicality in this one so far. Both teams are bringing it, especially Hill. It has the crowd fired up here at the X.
Physical is good. THROWING someone to the ice and no call is bogus. HM will continue to put themselves in the box and BSM will continue to make them pay.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

karl(east) wrote:Loving the physicality in this one so far. Both teams are bringing it, especially Hill. It has the crowd fired up here at the X.
Me too but at the same time calls that were drawing 5 minute majors two weeks ago aren't being called in this tournament.
CRS

Post by CRS »

What a great save by Quale!
xy

Post by xy »

Monsterbuck1 wrote:I personally think it's more special to win a State Championship with my buddies I grew up playing hockey with. How fun is it to win with kids that I've only known for a few years? Herbie said this himself when comparing his high school years to winning Gold. I say - stay together and win or lose with your buddies. Good luck tonight private schools! I'm sure your memories will be great.
As much as anybody I miss the old days when you knew the players on each team all grew up together . . . but I think we often (and I'm including myself) lose sight of the fact that the kids playing right now, because they play year-round in summer programs that are not geographically based, know and are friendly with kids from a much wider area. The Benilde and Hill Murray kids might not live in the same cities, but I'm willing to bet a lot of them have been friends for a long time from AAA programs. Sometimes this stuff isn't as easy as it seems. Except for the fact that St. Thomas is embarrassing itself by not moving up - that one is easy.
goldy313

Post by goldy313 »

This is quite similar to wary last night, BSM is giving up good chance after good chance but not giving up goals while they convert on their chances.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

The second goal was an ugly one. Hill needs an answer soon.
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

Ol' grampa Louie is starting to sound like he took one too many shots upside the head from Keith Magnuson back in the day. :lol:
Last edited by Ogie on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CRS

Post by CRS »

Did anyone see when they showed the Hill fans and the sign that said "Congrats STA on the JV championship" :lol:
Last edited by CRS on Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WarmUpTheBus

Post by WarmUpTheBus »

Does Besse ever pass the puck?
WB6162

Post by WB6162 »

Refs seem to be favoring BSM in this one so far.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

WarmUpTheBus wrote:Does Besse ever pass the puck?
We're wondering that up here in the press box, too.

Hill has had their chances but just can't quite get one in. BSM has burned their defense a couple of times, though--something no one else has managed this tourney.
hockeymannorth

Post by hockeymannorth »

i think the ref's are favoring Hill for sure 2 flat out trips they looked the other way
vf-guy

Post by vf-guy »

hockeymannorth wrote:i think the ref's are favoring Hill for sure 2 flat out trips they looked the other way
Agree. Hill thinks they can take away BSM's trying to open up the ice this way. Not working so far but the refs are going to let this get out of hand before too long.
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

karl(east) wrote:
I hate you. :lol:
dangle_snipe

Post by dangle_snipe »

No ref has the balls to call a 5 minute in this game either....
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

What's with all the Benilde guys just falling down?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Melvin wrote:
karl(east) wrote:
I hate you. :lol:
Sorry to rub it in. :lol:

I a very high up and in a corner, if it makes you feel better.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Besse is having a Spehar-esque night.

He's similar to Dave in several ways, now that I think of it.