Hill-Murray vs. BSM 3/10 AA Championship

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Wins?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:18 pm

Hill-Murray
33%
BSM
68%

Total votes: 40

sachishi4

Hill-Murray vs. BSM 3/10 AA Championship

Post by sachishi4 »

BSM took the first game of the season 3-2 at Aldrich. Both teams clicking right now.

Should be a classic

HM-5
BSM-3
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

A classic what? I guess if you grew up in Hill Murray or Benilde you would watch, but I think most of us have lost interest. :roll:
gopherpuck516

Post by gopherpuck516 »

I don't know if you could say "most people have lost interest." But even though I love HS hockey my interest in tomorrow night's game is extremely low. Could not care less about either team.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

Bonehead wrote:A classic what? I guess if you grew up in Hill Murray or Benilde you would watch, but I think most of us have lost interest. :roll:
a classic good match up, a classic hockey game? Sorry you don't care, Bonehead.
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
mulesrbest

Post by mulesrbest »

BSM stronger defensively and better coach! Lechner almost screwed up semi game - either too cocky or stupid! Had last shift and never used it to get his top line against Moorheads 3rd! Could have bit him in the butt but he doesn't need to be a good coach when he has the allstars from the east suburbs!
Jabs will continue to have us all BELIEVE!
West all stars will beat east all stars 4-2!
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

Bonehead wrote:A classic what? I guess if you grew up in Hill Murray or Benilde you would watch, but I think most of us have lost interest. :roll:
Maybe you're the same "most of us" who like watching Yankees v. Red Sox games all the time too.

For the rest of us, that can get a tad boring....Especially in a tournament format where the unexpected is to be expected.
Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

sachishi4 wrote:
a classic good match up, a classic hockey game? Sorry you don't care, Bonehead.
Yeah, I'm a little grumpy right now. I'll get over it. And I'll probably watch the all-stars vs. the all-stars. Hope it's a better game than this one!!!!
east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey »

Two story lines which interest me here:

1. The Jablonski factor
2. Benilde trying to win their first Class AA title

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

This game will sadly interest me less than the Gophers playing a (s)crappy UAA and that sucks.
gopherpuck516

Post by gopherpuck516 »

mulesrbest wrote: West all stars will beat east all stars 4-2!
Exactly why some people have little interest. Should be a good game, and I hope Jack Jablonski gets a gold medal (assuming a BSM victory) for being a big part of the team's motivation.
Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

Whoa, hold on there. Lakeville scores!!!
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

east hockey wrote:Two story lines which interest me here:

1. The Jablonski factor
2. Benilde trying to win their first Class AA title

Lee
Thats the only reason I'm tuning in. Hopefully seeing HM lose which is almost as big of a motivator to watch.
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!
edgeless2

Post by edgeless2 »

Will TJ Moore be back? Did not see the injury, was it bad?
UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow »

Whether or not you like private high schools, tomorrow night is going to be a great game. Both teams are playing great hockey and are being coached very well. The Jablonski factor will be a big motivator for Benilde, but as Hill-Murray has showed through the first two games, they are not a team that can be underestimated.

HM-4
BSM-2
Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

Melvin wrote:
Maybe you're the same "most of us" who like watching Yankees v. Red Sox games all the time too.

For the rest of us, that can get a tad boring....Especially in a tournament format where the unexpected is to be expected.
I don't get it - You saying Hill Murray = Yankees and BSM = Red Sox?
Or that Hill Murray never gets a chance to shine on the big stage?
Or that you shouldn't put together an all-star team and expect everyone else to like it when you win?
kpryan88

Post by kpryan88 »

Does anyone know who gets to wear white tomorrow night? I know we are in unprecidented territory right now but reading the post about Hill not taking advantage of having last shift made me curious as to how they determine it when all teams who played tonight were unseeded.
hockeyhockeyhockey

Post by hockeyhockeyhockey »

hill is the home team..will wear white..
hockeyhockeyhockey

Post by hockeyhockeyhockey »

UntouchableFlow wrote:Whether or not you like private high schools, tomorrow night is going to be a great game. Both teams are playing great hockey and are being coached very well. The Jablonski factor will be a big motivator for Benilde, but as Hill-Murray has showed through the first two games, they are not a team that can be underestimated.

HM-4
BSM-2
JAbs father is a Hill graduate and Hill family has strongly supported the JABs family with prayers and amazing fund raising for that amazing family..will be an emotional and respectful hard fought game tomorrow..what an amazing matchup for a dozen plus one reasons...special...
Last edited by hockeyhockeyhockey on Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EastMetro Hockey10

Post by EastMetro Hockey10 »

I'm going with Hill. They're fast enough to skate with the red knights while being strong enough throw them off their game with some big hits. Certainly this isn't the championship matchup myself and many others were hoping to see but hopefully we'll at least get to see a close and exciting game.

Prediction
Hill-Murray 4
Benilde St. Margaret's 3
(O.T)
demongoed

Post by demongoed »

For those of us who made our way through youth hockey winning and losing against Duluth or Edina or Minnetonka or Grand Rapids or Wayzata or Eden Prairie or Moorhead . . . enjoying the rivalries along the way, and who stayed and played for our towns, there is very little interest in paying a lot of money for tickets, parking and gas to watch the kids cherry picked from surronding associations play to see who can be the superstar of the night. I'll go to the champions' parade down mainstreet, though. Oh, that's right . . .
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

Bonehead wrote:
Melvin wrote:

Or that you shouldn't put together an all-star team and expect everyone else to like it when you win?
You're right...You don't get it.

Neither HM or BSM were "supposed to be" in the finals...Just like nobody else in the entirety of the AL is "supposed to be" contending for the pennant, with the Yankess and Sox battling it out to see who gets to kick the crap out of the sacrificial lamb in the playoffs.

Then again, there are some of us who are not wrapped up in the politics of the private school v. government run school angle of the whole thing, and just want to watch and enjoy a tournament where anything can happen.
Bonehead

Post by Bonehead »

Melvin wrote:
Bonehead wrote:
Melvin wrote: Maybe you're the same "most of us" who like watching Yankees v. Red Sox games all the time too.

You're right...You don't get it.

Neither HM or BSM were "supposed to be" in the finals...Just like nobody else in the entirety of the AL is "supposed to be" contending for the pennant, with the Yankess and Sox battling it out to see who gets to kick the crap out of the sacrificial lamb in the playoffs.

Then again, there are some of us who are not wrapped up in the politics of the private school v. government run school angle of the whole thing, and just want to watch and enjoy a tournament where anything can happen.
I guess we're both right! I don't get it! Enjoy!
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

[
Lee[/quote]

Thats the only reason I'm tuning in. Hopefully seeing HM lose which is almost as big of a motivator to watch.[/quote]

You're not just saying that to make me smile, are you? Don't tease me.
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

A bit of advice: I wouldn't let an all-private final upset what has otherwise been a fine year of hockey. To rest the entire season on such a make-or-break outlook isn't good.
I can splash in the rink puddles!
rainier

Post by rainier »

Should be a great game.

5-3 BSM