Hill-Murray vs. BSM 3/10 AA Championship

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Who Wins?

Poll ended at Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:18 pm

Hill-Murray
33%
BSM
68%

Total votes: 40

Outoftowner

Post by Outoftowner »

karl(east) wrote:GRANT BESSE =D>

We are probably watching the greatest individual performance in a State championship game ever.

Was it the floating/ lack of back checking, the puck hogging or the showboating you liked best? :D
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Orty

Sorry u either got cut or beat ny the Red Knights. Let the kids play and have fun. Benilde did nothing disrespectful and played the game the way it should be played with speed and skill. HM running around with their heads cut off trying to kill people doesn't work when you play a team with great skill. The best team in the state, by a wide margin, won state. Besse is a stud and can shoot like no other in the state. You can't teach a stick like that. If all the Benilde players come back plus some great players coming in you can print next years banner now.
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

WarmUpTheBus wrote:Does Besse ever pass the puck?
Who do you pass to when you're on a breakaway?
UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow »

Is Jake supposed to be happy about losing in the state championship? Give the kid a break, he wanted to win and came up short, and was disappointed. Maybe your kid would be fine with a second place finish, but maybe Jake had higher hopes. This kid has got a lot of potential and as a Hill fan I sure hope that he comes back next year.

Obviously the final result isn't quite what Hill wanted, but for them to come into the tournament unseeded, and not really given a chance by anybody, they had a great tournament and a great year. Conference championship, beating the Class A champs twice, return to state, and two great team wins to get to the ship. If everybody comes back next year they've got a great shot to win it all next year.
pioneer83

Post by pioneer83 »

pecochran wrote:
pioneer83 wrote:Anyone at the X- why did Benilde stop shaking hands after the first two medals?
Camera man made them stop. Same with Hill. I'm guessing it slows things down too much.
Thanks
I was worried that there was a lack of sportsmanship. It is only that TV takes precedence :roll:
pioneer83

Post by pioneer83 »

minnscout wrote:Orty

Sorry u either got cut or beat ny the Red Knights. Let the kids play and have fun. Benilde did nothing disrespectful and played the game the way it should be played with speed and skill. HM running around with their heads cut off trying to kill people doesn't work when you play a team with great skill. The best team in the state, by a wide margin, won state. Besse is a stud and can shoot like no other in the state. You can't teach a stick like that. If all the Benilde players come back plus some great players coming in you can print next years banner now.
Well there was that little game misconduct...
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

UntouchableFlow wrote:Is Jake supposed to be happy about losing in the state championship? Give the kid a break, he wanted to win and came up short, and was disappointed. Maybe your kid would be fine with a second place finish, but maybe Jake had higher hopes. This kid has got a lot of potential and as a Hill fan I sure hope that he comes back next year.
What, are you a criminal defense attorney?

The kid showed zero class.
Orty

Post by Orty »

They played great and I'm sure they had a great time. Besse needs to work on some class. Re-read my post if you didn't catch it the first time. Then read it again.

Orty
toivo22

Post by toivo22 »

pecochran wrote:
pioneer83 wrote:Anyone at the X- why did Benilde stop shaking hands after the first two medals?
Camera man made them stop. Same with Hill. I'm guessing it slows things down too much.
. They don't need to shake hands three times they do it at the end of the game. Sportsmanship is one thing but you dont need to make the kids shake hands again and again
Orty

Post by Orty »

Outoftowner wrote:
karl(east) wrote:GRANT BESSE =D>

We are probably watching the greatest individual performance in a State championship game ever.

Was it the floating/ lack of back checking, the puck hogging or the showboating you liked best? :D
Hall of Fame Post!

Orty
UntouchableFlow

Not to mention the countless flops and retaliation penalties. I've never seen a team chirp as much after the whistle and after a goal as Benilde. Labosky cried a freaking river after every hit.
pioneer83

Post by pioneer83 »

toivo22 wrote:
pecochran wrote:
. They don't need to shake hands three times they do it at the end of the game. Sportsmanship is one thing but you dont need to make the kids shake hands again and again
That was the one handshake the players did on their own.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but I believe it started in the 90's when a certain unnamed, but highly hated, west metro team who wears green played against a certain unnamed, but highly hated, private school team who wears green met in the championship.
UntouchableFlow

Melvin wrote:
UntouchableFlow wrote:Is Jake supposed to be happy about losing in the state championship? Give the kid a break, he wanted to win and came up short, and was disappointed. Maybe your kid would be fine with a second place finish, but maybe Jake had higher hopes. This kid has got a lot of potential and as a Hill fan I sure hope that he comes back next year.

Don't lecture him about class, and not say anything about Besse. The kid is a great talent but never shut his mouth the whole game, and was so concerned with his celly after his goals that he wouldn't celebrate with teammates.
12to14

Post by 12to14 »

Obviously the final result isn't quite what Hill wanted, but for them to come into the tournament unseeded, and not really given a chance by anybody, they had a great tournament and a great year. Conference championship, beating the Class A champs twice, return to state, and two great team wins to get to the ship. If everybody comes back next year they've got a great shot to win it all next year.
Again you don't need to be Nice to Him. His Daddy won't get your kid on the Gophers. Good move JONAH!!
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

UntouchableFlow wrote:
Melvin wrote:

Don't lecture him about class, and not say anything about Besse. The kid is a great talent but never shut his mouth the whole game, and was so concerned with his celly after his goals that he wouldn't celebrate with teammates.
Not even a good attempt at changing the subject.

I guess you really aren't a criminal defense attorney.
Last edited by Ogie on Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pecochran

Post by pecochran »

UntouchableFlow wrote:

Not to mention the countless flops and retaliation penalties. I've never seen a team chirp as much after the whistle and after a goal as Benilde. Labosky cried a freaking river after every hit.
Meh. I came into the game neutral and thought hill was running him every time he touched the puck. Almost every check they threw was really high. He finally got sick of it.
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Besse is a 1st class kid, great player, A student, great leader, works harder than anyone. All teams talk crap during the game if you don't like it go watch tennis. Hockey is played with great emotion and its part of the game. Game misconduct should have been 2 minute minor. You must have been watching another game I saw Lobasky get hit in the head about 5 times, so he takes a minor who cares, Besse will score anyway.
pioneer83

Post by pioneer83 »

minnscout wrote:Besse is a 1st class kid, great player, A student, great leader, works harder than anyone. All teams talk crap during the game if you don't like it go watch tennis. Hockey is played with great emotion and its part of the game. Game misconduct should have been 2 minute minor. You must have been watching another game I saw Lobasky get hit in the head about 5 times, so he takes a minor who cares, Besse will score anyway.
Never said Hill didn't get called for everything they should have.

If the ref's made a couple earlier calls it probably would not have reached that level.

I think they should have started with Edina and Nanne- that would have sent a lasting message to teams statewide.
UntouchableFlow

minnscout wrote:Besse is a 1st class kid, great player, A student, great leader, works harder than anyone. All teams talk crap during the game if you don't like it go watch tennis. Hockey is played with great emotion and its part of the game. Game misconduct should have been 2 minute minor. You must have been watching another game I saw Lobasky get hit in the head about 5 times, so he takes a minor who cares, Besse will score anyway.
I won't disagree on the 5 minute call. I was really surprised that it got called as a 5. Labosky gets hit in the head because he's 5'5, it's gonna happen.
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

minnscout wrote: Game misconduct should have been 2 minute minor. You must have been watching another game I saw Lobasky get hit in the head about 5 times, so he takes a minor who cares, Besse will score anyway.
Seems I was watching the same game.

Prior to the spear (which was properly called an ejection) it looked to me that he got his head rammed into the glass just prior to the retaliation.
Orty

Post by Orty »

Thanks Dad!

Grant
UntouchableFlow

I've played Besse before so I know him to be different than the saint that you seem to think he is.
PuckU126

Post by PuckU126 »

minnscout wrote:All teams talk crap during the game if you don't like it go watch tennis.

John McEnroe would beg to differ.

8)
The Puck
LGW
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Orty

My kids are 6 and younger thanks. I think your 3rd shift warehouse job starts soon. It shouldn't be to cold tonight on the MTC, have fun!
Tornadoes 2003StateChamps

Post by Tornadoes 2003StateChamps »

All the goals were UGLY! Pretty sweet for Besse; UGLY for Dugas. He should've been pulled after the third goal. Try a poke check, try moving, don't just stand there!! Nice to see Newbeck get some ice time and actually stop everything that was tossed at him.
karl(east) wrote:The second goal was an ugly one. Hill needs an answer soon.