Horton after the game

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

fishfreak11

Horton after the game

Post by fishfreak11 »

what was the deal with #16 after the game, observed him leading the line for the hand shake, then relegated to the bench and not allowed on the ice and not given a medal or in the team picture? Was this dealt with properly?
green4

Post by green4 »

ya, when you spear kids below the belt you don't deserve those things. im surprised they let him come out of the locker room
northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

ya, when you spear kids below the belt you don't deserve those things. im surprised they let him come out of the locker room
That is BSM hockey at its best. Enjoy the trophy.
Last edited by northwoods oldtimer on Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
easton18

Post by easton18 »

I was really surprised as well to see him walk out of the tunnel and skate on the ice for the handshake. But then again, I can't remember a time where this same situation came up. Anyone know the official procedures regarding a misconduct and coming back on the ice after the game?
pecochran

Post by pecochran »

green4 wrote:ya, when you spear kids below the belt you don't deserve those things. im surprised they let him come out of the locker room
Couldn't disagree more. Kid played in 30some games, and 2 other state tournament games, then did an incredibly dirty thing.

Fine if they don't announce him, but he absolutely should have been allowed into the team picture.

Totally neutral fan, by the way. I was really depressed to see him on the bench during all of that.
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

northwoods oldtimer wrote:
That is BSM hockey at its best. Enjoy the trophy.
Amen.
fishfreak11

Horton after the game

Post by fishfreak11 »

i am neutral also, just looking for the answer. game over, he played the whole season and now he's treated this way. i think it is wrong.
Orty

Post by Orty »

pecochran wrote:
green4 wrote:ya, when you spear kids below the belt you don't deserve those things. im surprised they let him come out of the locker room
Couldn't disagree more. Kid played in 30some games, and 2 other state tournament games, then did an incredibly dirty thing.

Fine if they don't announce him, but he absolutely should have been allowed into the team picture.

Totally neutral fan, by the way. I was really depressed to see him on the bench during all of that.
Not sure if they use the team picture from the program or they take a new one at center ice when everything settles down. If they use the program picture, he's already in it. Center ice - I don't know for sure.

Orty
northwoods oldtimer

Re: Horton after the game

Post by northwoods oldtimer »

fishfreak11 wrote:i am neutral also, just looking for the answer. game over, he played the whole season and now he's treated this way. i think it is wrong.
Ken Pauly finally disciplined a kid.
Good for the coach.
I back him 100%!
Ogie

Re: Horton after the game

Post by Ogie »

fishfreak11 wrote:i am neutral also, just looking for the answer. game over, he played the whole season and now he's treated this way. i think it is wrong.
Ditto.

My wager goes to to pasty, paper shuffling, do-gooder MSHSL administrators, trying to make an example out of a guy who made the wrong choice in the heat of battle.

Maybe a few of them need their heads smashed against the glass a time or three.

But I could be wrong.
Last edited by Ogie on Sat Mar 10, 2012 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

I think they shouldmake BSM forfeit the game, can't give the trophy to HM because Guentzel took is medal off. I guess Lakeville South should get the Trophy!
pecochran

Post by pecochran »

Orty wrote:
pecochran wrote:

Not sure if they use the team picture from the program or they take a new one at center ice when everything settles down. If they use the program picture, he's already in it. Center ice - I don't know for sure.

Orty
Yeah, that's true. I just thought he should have been allowed to take part in everything but the formal announcements. And even that, I'm torn on. He still played in two other games. If it was the coach's call, that's fine...but I don't think the MSHSL should be able to hold him out of the rest of it.

On the other hand, don't spear kids in the junk and it doesn't become a problem. :)
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

That was not spearing, let the kid enjoy the moment. Your right that was BSM hockey kicking the crap out of everyone with better coaching and better players.
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

minnscout wrote:That was not spearing, let the kid enjoy the moment. Your right that was BSM hockey kicking the crap out of everyone with better coaching and better players.
Well, to be fair, what to you call it when a player whacks another in the guts (at least) with the pointy end of the blade of his stick?
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

minnscout wrote:That was not spearing, let the kid enjoy the moment. Your right that was BSM hockey kicking the crap out of everyone with better coaching and better players.
What was it then?
I can splash in the rink puddles!
Nostalgic Nerd

Post by Nostalgic Nerd »

Melvin wrote:
Well, to be fair, what to you call it when a player whacks another in the guts (at least) with the pointy end of the blade of his stick?
Um, I think it's called "spearing". :wink:
I can splash in the rink puddles!
green4

Post by green4 »

take off your benilde glasses and look at the big picture. he used his stick as a weapon to hit a kid in the junk. if you cant see that i am beyond amazed. im sure if some guy from edina or tonka or another team you hate did that you would be bouncing off the walls. thats a line that should never be crossed and he does not deserve to be on the ice and to be recognized with his team because that is a disgusting act
DKS1962

Post by DKS1962 »

He speared a player and rightfully ejected.

Shake hands of the opponaent and then back to the locker room.

I support the coach in excluding him from the celebration.

A young man lost control and made a mistake.

Mistakes have consequences and a life lesson is learned.
mulefarm

Post by mulefarm »

I bet he was on the all-tournament team and was taken off after the penalty. There is no way a D from BSM shouln't have been on the All-tournament team.
Murray Chadwick

Post by Murray Chadwick »

Let him in the team photo for chrissakes. The kid has worked hard the whole year, check that, his whole life for this opportunity. He made a mistake within the confines of competition. All these self righteous people who think he was rightfully punished need to relax and get a clue....
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

mulefarm wrote:I bet he was on the all-tournament team and was taken off after the penalty. There is no way a D from BSM shouln't have been on the All-tournament team.
This is correct. If you listened carefully, only 11 players were announced, and only 3 defensemen.
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

karl(east) wrote:
mulefarm wrote:I bet he was on the all-tournament team and was taken off after the penalty. There is no way a D from BSM shouln't have been on the All-tournament team.
This is correct. If you listened carefully, only 11 players were announced, and only 3 defensemen.
OK...So who kept him out of all the post-game stuff, the coach or MSHSL?

And does one "awcrap" really erase all the "attaboys"?
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

Melvin wrote:
karl(east) wrote:
OK...So who kept him out of all the post-game stuff, the coach or MSHSL?

And does one "awcrap" really erase all the "attaboys"?
The MSHSL. It has a rule barring any ejected player from taking part in a trophy ceremony. When asked about it in the press conference, Pauly said he understood why the rule exists but "would like to see some humanity out there."
eagles137

Post by eagles137 »

According to Max Jablonski's twitter account and the hub neither Jack or Horton were allowed on to the ice by the MSHSL, the championship picture was taken in the locker room. What a joke, we all know jabs going on the ice after the game was a moment that would go down in tourney history and something we all looked forward too. Secondly Horton made a mistake but to punish him like that is not right. He's been working hard his whole life and he wasn't even allowed to celebrate with his teammates.
Ogie

Post by Ogie »

karl(east) wrote:
The MSHSL. It has a rule barring any ejected player from taking part in a trophy ceremony. When asked about it in the press conference, Pauly said he understood why the rule exists but "would like to see some humanity out there."
Just as I suspected..The bureaucrats.

Thanks for the skinny.
Buy ya a soda after the game!