Little Falls- Under rated.

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Turddangler06

Little Falls- Under rated.

Post by Turddangler06 »

What a great team, highly under rated coming into the tournament. Knocking out 2 private schools. I think some people owe some respect to Little Falls for saying they would go no where in the tourney. Ended up being consolation champs and losing to the state champs of St thomas academy. Little Falls had a great showing down in St paul. Congratulations to Joey Hanowski for winning the Herb Brooks also.
DANO32

Re: Little Falls- Under rated.

Post by DANO32 »

Turddangler06 wrote:What a great team, highly under rated coming into the tournament. Knocking out 2 private schools. I think some people owe some respect to Little Falls for saying they would go no where in the tourney. Ended up being consolation champs and losing to the state champs of St thomas academy. Little Falls had a great showing down in St paul. Congratulations to Joey Hanowski for winning the Herb Brooks also.
See slamming on those haters thread.
Apparently that thread was locked so I agree with turddangler too bad you can't hit the net :D
shins

Post by shins »

They were a tough team to figure out this season.... slow start with several one goal losses (Hibbing, I-Falls, Virginia, Alex). When they played smart and together they were tough to beat. The late collapse against Cathedral where they blew a 3-1 lead in the 3rd and lost 4-3 was a good example. Bad penalties and stopped moving the puck, and looked ordinary all of a sudden. Played lights out for 2/3 of the season, then lost badly to Cathedral and unexplainably to Princeton (twice!!!)

Coach Couture definitely got them playing well at Mariucci as they beat two tough teams (Marshall and Lourdes for the second time).

I know the Cathedral fans are down on LF after thumping them badly late in the year, but LF also beat Lourdes twice and Rogers -- something SCC could not do this year.
Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad »

shins wrote:They were a tough team to figure out this season.... slow start with several one goal losses (Hibbing, I-Falls, Virginia, Alex). When they played smart and together they were tough to beat. The late collapse against Cathedral where they blew a 3-1 lead in the 3rd and lost 4-3 was a good example. Bad penalties and stopped moving the puck, and looked ordinary all of a sudden. Played lights out for 2/3 of the season, then lost badly to Cathedral and unexplainably to Princeton (twice!!!)

Coach Couture definitely got them playing well at Mariucci as they beat two tough teams (Marshall and Lourdes for the second time).

I know the Cathedral fans are down on LF after thumping them badly late in the year, but LF also beat Lourdes twice and Rogers -- something SCC could not do this year.
Hit the nail on the head with this post. Which team would show up, you never knew. I think they could have gained a little more cred if they wouldn't have come out totally intimidated against STA. They really played well against Marshall from the 2nd period on. Against Rochester, I think we just had the best goalie. I wasn't there, but by the sounds of the radio broadcast, RL was dominating play. On the other hand, when LF played RL at home, I thought we totally dominated them. I remember wondering how they had beaten SCC the night before.

That said, you have to have similar thoughts about SCC. How do they lose twice to Rogers? And how did they get beat by RL? I thought SCC was the best team I saw LF play outside STA and Hermantown.