AA Medal Ceremony

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Puckguy19

Re: medal

Post by Puckguy19 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:39 pm

luckyEPDad wrote:
puck81 wrote: Agree with you about him going on the ice. Don't agree with you that the only thing people will remember about the 2012 tourny is Jack. Besse's amazing game in the championship, all four seeded teams getting knocked out in the quarterfinals and just the great run BSM had will be remembered when people think about this year's tourny.
Very few people give a hoot about Besse. I was recently at a hockey related function and only a few remembered his name. To remember someone scored 5 goals in a game you have to actually watch the entire game, pay attention to who scores, and remember from one goal to the next. I think the people who watch hockey that way are a small minority. An impressive accomplishment, but not very memorable to most people.

As for the quarter final upsets, that may be remembered. I'll remember it as an example of how fickle the sport is and how little winning one game means in the scheme of things. How did Lakeville go from overachieving underdog to stinky smelly dog in one day? Was either game representative?

As for the final, yuck! The game was never in doubt. HM passing was never crisp, their attacks often poorly organized, they made some really bad mistakes, and the defense was laughably porous on occasion. Did HM have a bad game, or did BSM make them look that way? I'm thinking the former.

I don't know if this state tournament has legs.
I believe the tournament has a lot of legs, and will be remembered for three reasons:

3. All four seeded teams losing in the quarterfinals. Likely not to happen again in the near future.

2. Besse's five goals (three shorthanded) accounting for all of his team's scoring. Likely not to happen again in the near future.

1. Jack Jablonski. I certainly hope, and believe, that the hockey community will not make this a one and done. This family is going to need the community support for the long-term. Great response so far, let's just make sure it continues. 8)

BBgunner

Post by BBgunner » Tue Mar 13, 2012 9:59 am

So what about Horton, a SR who played in every game had an unfortunate incident in the game was unable to finish why do they not award him a medal or allow him back on the ice with his teammates? He served his penalty in the game but it shouldnt tarnish his whole season right?

Zoogy92

Post by Zoogy92 » Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:11 am

Jablonski absolutely should be able to accept a medal. He may not have been rostered but because of his strength and courage he inspired his teammates immensely and that was more important to that team than any one of their players. He was the heart of their team for the last half of the season and no one can argue that.