Little Falls vs. Marshall at Mariucci

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

GU17

Little Falls vs. Marshall at Mariucci

Post by GU17 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:20 am

4-3 after the 2nd period in favor of Little Falls

GU17

Post by GU17 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:36 am

4-4 with DM getting a power play goal

GU17

Post by GU17 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:42 am

5-4 Little Falls

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:45 am

Surprises me. Thought DM would roll falls.

GU17

Post by GU17 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:45 am

LF wins 5-4 and moves on to the consolation championship game

defense

Post by defense » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:57 am

Huh, Little Falls won a game......interesting..... 8)

dherman8

Post by dherman8 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:32 pm

defense wrote:Huh, Little Falls won a game......interesting..... 8)
Yeah, how do your words taste? Especially when you run your mouth and don't back it up.

GU17

Post by GU17 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:46 pm

Its nice to keep the streak of no 2 and dones alive.

defense

Post by defense » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:59 pm

dherman8 wrote:
Yeah, how do your words taste? Especially when you run your mouth and don't back it up.
Though I am not sure that this is true, ill assume u are referring to a post I made on the lf v FF section final thread. That one time that I supposedly bashed little falls this year was a sarcastic response to an idiot who runs around writing ridiculous posts about lf.
in all actuality my words taste great because I said that both Marshall and Breck would lose their second games...that post was in the dm v Breck thread, before that game or lfs first game started.
please pay attention to who u r attacking....because I have not run my mouth about how bad lf is and how they don't deserve to be there. That was lots of others..keep reaching though, my image of lf people can always change.

dherman8

Post by dherman8 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:18 pm

defense wrote:
dherman8 wrote:
Though I am not sure that this is true, ill assume u are referring to a post I made on the lf v FF section final thread. That one time that I supposedly bashed little falls this year was a sarcastic response to an idiot who runs around writing ridiculous posts about lf.
in all actuality my words taste great because I said that both Marshall and Breck would lose their second games...that post was in the dm v Breck thread, before that game or lfs first game started.
please pay attention to who u r attacking....because I have not run my mouth about how bad lf is and how they don't deserve to be there. That was lots of others..keep reaching though, my image of lf people can always change.
Yeah, northern guy has some issues. But for future reference it's good to not skimp on those smiley faces when you're not serious. Too many people on here like saying those things and then tooting their own horn when it happens. I didn't see any hint of sarcasm and it seems you left it open so you could say you were right either way. In no way was it an attack. It was just calling it out. You're a smart guy you should be able to see that. Even if you try to undermine me in a sneaky manner like that the help against the northern guy argument is always appreciated. My view won't change either.
Last edited by dherman8 on Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

defense

Post by defense » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:21 pm

dherman8 wrote:
defense wrote:
dherman8 wrote:
Yeah, northern guy has some issues. But for future reference it's good to not skimp on those smiley faces when you're not serious. Too many people on here like saying those things and then tooting their own horn when it happens. I didn't see any hint of sarcasm and it seems you left it open so you could say you were right either way. In no way was it an attack it was just calling it out. You're a smart guy you should be able to see that. Even if you try to undermine me in a sneaky manner like that the help against the northern guy argument is always appreciated.
OK..it's cool, didn't try to undermine anyone. Thought the sunglasses smiley face was enough. I was trying to jab at those hatters of the "weak" sections..didn't have time or energy to spell it out to them....
Think LF will take the consolation???

rainier

Post by rainier » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:26 pm

Come on, Toppers. Hibbing, Virginia, and I-Falls all beat LF this year. I can see not beating Breck, but you should be able to beat LF. (I'm not saying LF is bad, just that DM led me to believe they were a better team than this.)

dherman8

Post by dherman8 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:27 pm

defense wrote:
dherman8 wrote:
defense wrote:
dherman8 wrote:
Yeah, northern guy has some issues. But for future reference it's good to not skimp on those smiley faces when you're not serious. Too many people on here like saying those things and then tooting their own horn when it happens. I didn't see any hint of sarcasm and it seems you left it open so you could say you were right either way. In no way was it an attack it was just calling it out. You're a smart guy you should be able to see that. Even if you try to undermine me in a sneaky manner like that the help against the northern guy argument is always appreciated.
OK..it's cool, didn't try to undermine anyone. Thought the sunglasses smiley face was enough. I was trying to jab at those hatters of the "weak" sections..didn't have time or energy to spell it out to them....
Think LF will take the consolation???
Now I do. After your post in the lf/ff thread I told my view of it. I was leery at first because I figured they're toughest consolation game would be against the team in the loser bracket that wasn't going to be Lourdes or New Ulm. We'll see I guess.

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:28 pm

rainier wrote:Come on, Toppers. Hibbing, Virginia, and I-Falls all beat LF this year. I can see not beating Breck, but you should be able to beat LF. (I'm not saying LF is bad, just that DM led me to believe they were a better team than this.)
Agreed. How did Peterson play today?

Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:08 pm

Peterson was a stud. He had a hat trick in the game and assisted the other goal. Best player on the ice by quite a bit. Very fast.

Mite-dad

Post by Mite-dad » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:10 pm

DM's goalies didn't play well and their D didn't play great either. Lots of rebounds on both goalies. They didn't look confident at all. D seemed to fumble a lot of pucks too.

Hockey North

Post by Hockey North » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:21 pm

D Marshall runs 5 D men.

Marshall was up 1-0 when Hanowski blast Marshall's #1 D from behind.
It was an obvious blatant checking from behind penalty.
Refs hand out a 5 minute Boarding call. Thats it.

Hanowski should have gotten 5 minutes and a 10 and game for that hit.

Marshall D man leaves game with separated shoulder.

Hanowski gets out of the box and ends up scoring 2 goals

That basically sums it up.

Rainier just likes bashing this DM team when he never knows the facts.

rainier

Post by rainier » Sun Mar 11, 2012 12:32 pm

Hockey North wrote:D Marshall runs 5 D men.

Marshall was up 1-0 when Hanowski blast Marshall's #1 D from behind.
It was an obvious blatant checking from behind penalty.
Refs hand out a 5 minute Boarding call. Thats it.

Hanowski should have gotten 5 minutes and a 10 and game for that hit.

Marshall D man leaves game with separated shoulder.

Hanowski gets out of the box and ends up scoring 2 goals

That basically sums it up.

Rainier just likes bashing this DM team when he never knows the facts.
Whoa, whoa, whoa. I like bashing DM? I rooted for the Toppers and only said I was disappointed they lost to LF. DM was ranked in the top 5 for most of the season, should I not have expected them to beat an unranked opponent that 3 other 7A teams beat?

The whole private school issue can be found on another thread, but I hardly call pointing out their disappointing showing at state as bashing them.

Your team went two and out, deal with it.

DANO32

Post by DANO32 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 1:35 pm

That hit was Mitch gregory and Joey hanowski hitting him, the kid turned away from the hit. It was unfortunate for DM but I think the refs called it right.

Hockey North

Post by Hockey North » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:01 am

Rainier

Your team didnt make it to the show. :cry:

Deal with it.

rainier

Post by rainier » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:29 am

Hockey North wrote:Rainier

Deal with it.
I'm dealing with it just fine. The memory from last season of my team upsetting the #3 seed and not going 2 and out like Marshall did this year keeps me warm at night. Way to represent 7A.

With the top recruits from all over Duluth piling in to Marshall, it should be a good run for your team over the next few years, especially if Breck and STA opt up. Then you can make sure the flame of private school sandbagging in Class A never dies.

blacklung

Post by blacklung » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:50 am

rainier wrote:
Hockey North wrote:Rainier

Deal with it.
I'm dealing with it just fine. The memory from last season of my team upsetting the #3 seed and not going 2 and out like Marshall did this year keeps me warm at night. Way to represent 7A.

With the top recruits from all over Duluth piling in to Marshall, it should be a good run for your team over the next few years, especially if Breck and STA opt up. Then you can make sure the flame of private school sandbagging in Class A never dies.
4-5 of the best East BNA's going to Marshall next year. Flaherty was at several of their division games watching from the corner. It was kind of weird to see that.

HShockeyupnorth

Post by HShockeyupnorth » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:23 am

Why is it weird for him to view 4-5 Bantam A's that are already 8th-9th grade students at Marshall? It actually may be more like 6-7 Ban A's that have declared Marshall.

And Ranier: In recent memory, Marshall had a stretch of 4 consecutive years placing 3rd or 2nd at State, also sending countless kids on to D-1 Hockey. Most recently, Peterson, who flourished at the school.

So what's with the criticism of Marshall?

Hockey North

Post by Hockey North » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:45 am

Sour grapes. The best team from 7A went. Breck was a tough draw. Little Falls game was tough with 4 D and sub par goaltending.
This team was picked to finish 3rd in 7A at the beginning of the year.

I really dont care what you think.
Successful programs attract players.
I look forward to next year. :D

rainier

Post by rainier » Mon Mar 12, 2012 11:47 am

HShockeyupnorth wrote:Why is it weird for him to view 4-5 Bantam A's that are already 8th-9th grade students at Marshall? It actually may be more like 6-7 Ban A's that have declared Marshall.

And Ranier: In recent memory, Marshall had a stretch of 4 consecutive years placing 3rd or 2nd at State, also sending countless kids on to D-1 Hockey. Most recently, Peterson, who flourished at the school.

So what's with the criticism of Marshall?
My original "criticism" was that I found it disappointing Marshall didn't beat LF in the consolation bracket. Hockey North took that to mean I was bashing Marshall. What Marshall fan doesn't think they underachieved as a whole at the tourney? (Many thought they underachieved in the 7A playoffs, despite winning it.)

Of course I will say something about how Marshall forms their team. I believe during the 3 year stretch of 2nd place finishes for Marshall, East never made it to state. And now everyone knows Marshall is on the rise and East is on the decline (this part even has its own thread!). Coincidence? I think not.

When the top players in Duluth decide to go to East, they are in AA, but if the same group of players decides to go to Marshall, they are A. The combined enrollment of the Duluth schools is what, 3000? So forgive me if I think it's ridiculous for a significant portion of the talent from a pool that large to end up playing in A.