2012-2013 season

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

BlueLineSpecial

2012-2013 season

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

Maybe a little early for this, and maybe someone already has a thread for this topic going, but does anyone have any thoughts on top teams for next year? I'm guessing a lot is dependant on who leaves.

Benilde, Hill & Edina seem to have teams that could compete next year based on their youth. How about other teams?
tonkafan77

Post by tonkafan77 »

Karl said this in another thread-

"The top five will probably look something like this:
Edina
Benilde
Hill
Minnetonka
Eden Prairie

I think there's a pretty clear top tier. After that you'd have Wayzata, Blaine, Burnsville, and a mess of 7AA teams (Elk River, Andover, East, Grand Rapids).

There are so many early departures these days that it's hard to say too much, but regardless, I think we should get used to those top five teams being the main contenders for state titles in the foreseeable future."

I think Wayzata and Burnsville will be right up there with them. I also believe Edina will be the favorite next year.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

If Guentzel and Heinrich come back for HM, they should be top 3. Dugas, Lavalle, Becker, Brown all return. The biggest loss are the Sampairs, but returning the entire top line would give this team some serious firepower.

Edina looks like they should be good for the next few years, assuming everyone stays.

BSM really hinges on Besse staying.

Tonka and EP will return at top form I'm sure.

After that, I think its pretty much a guess. Wayzata and Duluth East should still be pretty high up, Moorhead always comes through and fields a good squad.
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
wblhcky24

Post by wblhcky24 »

Heinrich is coming back he said so during the tourney
2012 pond hockey All Star
blueblood

Tonka

Post by blueblood »

I wouldn't put Tonka in the top 5 yet....
Simpleton

Post by Simpleton »

Interested to hear thoughts on:

i) perennial top 15-20 teams that may fall out, and/or...

ii) possible newcomers to the top 15-20
East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy »

I think anyone in section 6 would join me in encouraging Besse to move on to the next level.