Shooting camp for top-end HS and post-HS skaters

Please post all discussion of these items to this forum.

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, karl(east)

rudy

Shooting camp for top-end HS and post-HS skaters

Post by rudy » Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:31 pm

Not much available that stresses shooting. This is run by former St. Cloud State captain and current Holy Angels head coach Billy Hengen. Starts soon. Weekly time slot avoids conflicts for excellent instruction:

Hengen Hockey Sunday Night Shooting
Where:
Richfield Ice Arena &
Braemar Ice Arena

When:
Sunday Evenings
March 25th to May 20th

Parents and Players,

With the State HS Hockey Tournament over and spring sports/festivals/tournaments on the way, hockey players are looking towards the off-season. Grant Besse scored 50+ goals this past season with one of the best shots in high school hockey if not the best. The quiet spring hockey period is a great time for hockey players to begin shooting pucks and the summer long process of improving their goal scoring ability. Devoting extra time to practicing and shooting pucks is one of the easiest and most effective ways to become a better hockey player.

Starting Sunday the 25th of March, I am looking for Bantam to College level shooters to participate in 8 one hour on-ice shooting sessions over a 10 week period.

The goal of each session is for each player to get a large number of reps shooting the puck working on various shots (Slap, Snap, Wrist, Back-Hand) using scoring specific skating patterns. Each shooter will improve strength, accuracy and technique during the 8 sessions.

The shooting sessions will not fatigue the player's legs and will not push them endurance wise but it will push them to become better shooters and ultimately better goal scorers. The players will be shooting on both goalies and shooting boards. The shooting board gives better feedback than a goalie on each shot in terms of the shooter's accuracy and strength.

I will typically be the only instructor on the ice as I guide the players through an hour of great shooting practice and instruction that I belive players don't get enough of in team settings. I will invite a few local Division 1 players to lead and demonstrate drills for a few of the sessions!

If you know of anyone else who may be interested, please forward this invitation on. I'm looking to fill this camp quickly with Bantam to College level players and it is open to any school or organization (except current AHA players due to MSHSL competition rules).

Dates: March 25th to May 27th - Every Sunday

Specific Times & Locations

March 25th - 7:45-8:45 pm at Braemar South

April 1st - 9-10 pm at Braemar South

April 8th - Easter No Ice

April 15th - 7:45-8:45 pm at Braemar South

April 22nd - 7:00-8:00 pm at Richfield Ice Arena Rink 1

April 29th - 7:45-8:45 pm at Braemar East

May 6th - 8:15-9:15 pm at Richfield Ice Arena Rink 2

May 13th - 9:00-10:00 pm at Richfield Ice Arena Rink 1

May 20th - 9:00-10:00 pm at Richfield Ice Arena Rink 1

There are 30 spots available in this camp and once filled registration will close.

*Current Holy Angels players, 10th-12th graders who played Varsity or JV last season at Holy Angels, cannot register due to MSHSL rules.

Jersey and Water Bottle: Please plan on having your player supply their own jersey and water bottle.

Total Cost: $170

Includes 8 hours of ice time and skilled shooting instruction.

*Registration will take place online between now and March 25th. Secure your spot today.

Register Now!

If you have any questions feel free to contact me.

Thanks,

Billy Hengen
Head Coach Holy Angels Boys Varsity & 2003 Blades
billyhengen@gmail.com
952-484-0127