Luke Voltin

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

blueliner5

Luke Voltin

Post by blueliner5 »

Since leaving the NTDP it seems like he is not excelling at the rate I thought he would be at Des Moines. Beginning of the season there was a article highlighting his performance, but since then nothing has transpired. Appears to me he is a much better player than what is stats reflect. Anyone have any input
observer

Post by observer »

He's young. The USHL is a very tough league without a lot of scoring. The D are tougher than any he's ever faced. The NTDP was a good choice but I'm not sure he would have left Hill for the USHL which is where he's ended up.
blueliner5

Post by blueliner5 »

Thanks for the input. Too bad his experience at NTDP didn't turn out more favorable for him.
UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow »

blueliner5 wrote:Thanks for the input. Too bad his experience at NTDP didn't turn out more favorable for him.
Could have been just what Hill needed to beat BSM in the final. Oh well.... :(
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

He will be fine. He is young and like it was mentioned above its a tough league with a lot of emphasis on defensive play and not a ton of scoring (unless you are in headsup's world, where if you are a JR in HS and have already played 2 games and have no points your career is toast :? :? :? )
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

hypothetically, is it possible he could come back to HM?
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

sachishi4 wrote:hypothetically, is it possible he could come back to HM?
I think he would be better off that way.
BlueLineSpecial

Post by BlueLineSpecial »

Its possible, but I think unlikely. A lot of things would have to conspire to make that a reality. But I think the option is available
UntouchableFlow

Post by UntouchableFlow »

BlueLineSpecial wrote:
Its possible, but I think unlikely. A lot of things would have to conspire to make that a reality. But I think the option is available
Wouldn't that technically be considered a transfer? He was at Pioneer High in Ann Arbor correct? Seems to me like it'd be a transfer, but I'd love to see him back playing for Hill-Murray.
LetsPlayHockey22

Post by LetsPlayHockey22 »

UntouchableFlow wrote:
BlueLineSpecial wrote:
Wouldn't that technically be considered a transfer? He was at Pioneer High in Ann Arbor correct? Seems to me like it'd be a transfer, but I'd love to see him back playing for Hill-Murray.
Just a guess, could be wrong, but maybe the fact that he is living with a billet family, then decides to go back to Hill would be considered a move. Unless the rules are more technical than that.
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

LetsPlayHockey22 wrote:
UntouchableFlow wrote:
BlueLineSpecial wrote: Its possible, but I think unlikely. A lot of things would have to conspire to make that a reality. But I think the option is available
Just a guess, could be wrong, but maybe the fact that he is living with a billet family, then decides to go back to Hill would be considered a move. Unless the rules are more technical than that.
my interpretation of the rule is that he would be considered a move. but, who knows
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

Keep in mind he would be just a junior wouldn't he be? I have got to believe the transition of moving away from home at that age can play a role in affecting his development.
BlueLineSpecial

Goldfishdude wrote:Keep in mind he would be just a junior wouldn't he be? I have got to believe the transition of moving away from home at that age can play a role in affecting his development.
Senior I think. He was in the same class as Guentzel and LaValle I thought...
muckandgrind

Post by muckandgrind »

BlueLineSpecial wrote:
Goldfishdude wrote:Keep in mind he would be just a junior wouldn't he be? I have got to believe the transition of moving away from home at that age can play a role in affecting his development.
Voltin will be a senior next year.
Sparlimb

Post by Sparlimb »

He won't be back at HM. That is likely best for all parties.
Gopher Blog

Post by Gopher Blog »

Sparlimb wrote:He won't be back at HM. That is likely best for all parties.
Yeah... I was going to say would HM even want him back? Talent is there but so is the immaturity.

It isn't easy to feel sorry for a player's circumstances when the "damage" is pretty much self inflicted.
Goldfishdude

Post by Goldfishdude »

muckandgrind wrote:
BlueLineSpecial wrote:
Yeah, Muckie, I was referring that he was just a junior this year. Thanks for the clarification, and if he has some "immaturity", then that has to play a good factor in issues struggling where he is at now in life adjustments, in my two-cent psychoanalysis college course opinion.
BlueLineSpecial

Goldfishdude wrote:
muckandgrind wrote:
BlueLineSpecial wrote: Senior I think. He was in the same class as Guentzel and LaValle I thought...
Yeah, Muckie, I was referring that he was just a junior this year. Thanks for the clarification, and if he has some "immaturity", then that has to play a good factor in issues struggling where he is at now in life adjustments, in my two-cent psychoanalysis college course opinion.
No better place to get some structure and tough love than from Hill and Lex. Come on back, Voltron!
Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy »

Many within the HM program felt his leaving was addition by subtraction. Nonetheless, sorry to hear things haven't gone well for him.
blueliner5

Post by blueliner5 »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
Many within the HM program felt his leaving was addition by subtraction. Nonetheless, sorry to hear things haven't gone well for him.
Didn't realize he was unwanted or should I say a disruption within the Hill Murray program. I guess self inflicted curcumstances like Goldie said follows you wherever you go. That must be hard to swallow for the parents sake. With all his talent couldn't imagine what he could accomplish. By all means I definitely am not writing Luke off at all I wish him the best as he continues on with his goals in life
sachishi4

Post by sachishi4 »

Pioneerprideguy wrote:
Ahh, I had no idea that was the situation
State ‘83, ‘91, ‘08, ‘20
Tornadoes 2003StateChamps

Post by Tornadoes 2003StateChamps »

Luke will land on his feet. What young man doesn't do something that is out of character. If he ever needs a place to play, come to Anoka. We could use his skills.

Looks like he's doing well in Des Moines. He will be a great fit at North Dakota.