Anders Franke

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Reggie

Anders Franke

Post by Reggie » Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:22 pm

Franke not on Section 7 Great 8 roster?????? pretty embarrassing!!! whom ever picked the team should not be allowed to evaluate players!

mulefarm

Re: Anders Franke

Post by mulefarm » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:00 pm

Reggie wrote:Franke not on Section 7 Great 8 roster?????? pretty embarrassing!!! whom ever picked the team should not be allowed to evaluate players!
Maybe he declined?

cooper26

Post by cooper26 » Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:48 pm

mulefarm wrote:
Reggie wrote:Franke not on Section 7 Great 8 roster?????? pretty embarrassing!!! whom ever picked the team should not be allowed to evaluate players!
Maybe he declined?
Or maybe the rosters are not out yet?

Reggie

Post by Reggie » Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:22 pm

rosters are out and no he did not decline

nortstar52

Post by nortstar52 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:11 am

Reggie wrote:rosters are out and no he did not decline
where are the rosters you seen? usually there on the Hub first, don't see any.

Post by #4 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:54 pm

nortstar52 wrote:
where are the rosters you seen? usually there on the Hub first, don't see any.

http://www.minnesotahockey.org/page/sho ... at-8-2012-

Sats81

Post by Sats81 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:21 pm

Wow. Crazy, something doesn't make sense with this kid. Not only was he not nominated for the Brimsek award, but he doesn't get invited to the great 8? This is a joke.

Stars67

Post by Stars67 » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:55 pm

He did not have a very good year... He certainly did not deserve to be nominated for the Brimsek... He lost way too many games this year and was very inconsistent. He career was typical of many goalies who play as sophomores/freshman... You start out surprising everybody because you are young and have nothing to lose but when it comes down the stretch a goalie who is in the brimsek or great 8 convo should be able to carry their team and Mr Franke was not able to do that... His best years in HS were prior to 2012... He is a good kid with a ton of potential I hope his best years are a ahead rather than behind him....

Reggie

Post by Reggie » Mon Mar 26, 2012 5:53 pm

Stars67 wrote:He did not have a very good year... He certainly did not deserve to be nominated for the Brimsek... He lost way too many games this year and was very inconsistent. He career was typical of many goalies who play as sophomores/freshman... You start out surprising everybody because you are young and have nothing to lose but when it comes down the stretch a goalie who is in the brimsek or great 8 convo should be able to carry their team and Mr Franke was not able to do that... His best years in HS were prior to 2012... He is a good kid with a ton of potential I hope his best years are a ahead rather than behind him....
15-8-2 2.09 ga avg .924 sv% is pretty good, for playing on a average team and I believe he was star tribune metro goalie of the year :!:

keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:02 pm

If he threw his name in the hat , he should be there.

slyer

Post by slyer » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:05 pm

please explain how he didn't have a good year, a .924% save percentage which was 3rd in the state in AA playing a schedule that ranks top 15 in the state, if that is not very good than you have high standards. the team lost 8 games, yes a few maybe shouldn't have happen but to blame him for losing games is crazy.the elks didn't have that potent of an offense, they had a freshman and sophmore as there top two scorers, pretty tough to win more games than they did with underclassmen as your top scorers. i can gaurantee to you that he won more games for them than he lost over the years, this year was his best year i believe that his stats were better than both goalies selected for the great 8, i don't know what you are seeing stars67

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:24 pm

Reggie wrote:
Stars67 wrote:He did not have a very good year... He certainly did not deserve to be nominated for the Brimsek... He lost way too many games this year and was very inconsistent. He career was typical of many goalies who play as sophomores/freshman... You start out surprising everybody because you are young and have nothing to lose but when it comes down the stretch a goalie who is in the brimsek or great 8 convo should be able to carry their team and Mr Franke was not able to do that... His best years in HS were prior to 2012... He is a good kid with a ton of potential I hope his best years are a ahead rather than behind him....
15-8-2 2.09 ga avg .924 sv% is pretty good, for playing on a average team and I believe he was star tribune metro goalie of the year :!:
Stars67, If he had the 2.09ga and .924sv% on a 8-15-2 team it would show me that he was even more of a stud.

We were able to see how "top goalies" fall apart (when challenged) in this years State Tournament.

Huge error!

BodyShots

Post by BodyShots » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:10 am

Do you think the coach (Esse) wanted his own goalie? How did Franke do when they played Cloquet?

hocnut

anders franke

Post by hocnut » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:12 am

Is the coach of the Great 8 team from Cloquet? He played on a poor team and still had numbers like that, wow! How can he not be on this team??

auld_skool

Post by auld_skool » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:22 am

mulefarm wrote:
Maybe he declined?
My son has played with him and against him. He's always been a great goalie. I believe he's already owned by a USHL team so my guess would be he passed on the Great 8.

Stars67

Post by Stars67 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:42 pm

BAD TEAM?? A Tony Sarsland System forces all outside shots... They are visible and easy to stop... He single-handedly cost ER the game against Anoka at Anoka and almost did the same at ER... This team was a solid team. For one to say they were bad is not only an insult to the rest of the team its just plain false. The two goalies that made it over him seem to be superior this season, one set a state record for saves I believe, and the other was 15-9 with a .910 Save % and 2.69 GAA on a "Worse Team" considering they lost to ER... I really do think the right decision was made here...

MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles » Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:11 pm

Stars67 wrote:BAD TEAM?? A Tony Sarsland System forces all outside shots... They are visible and easy to stop... He single-handedly cost ER the game against Anoka at Anoka and almost did the same at ER... This team was a solid team. For one to say they were bad is not only an insult to the rest of the team its just plain false. The two goalies that made it over him seem to be superior this season, one set a state record for saves I believe, and the other was 15-9 with a .910 Save % and 2.69 GAA on a "Worse Team" considering they lost to ER... I really do think the right decision was made here...
.910%
2.69 GAA
Easier schedule
Same record
Lost to Elk River..... What happened to your "carry the team theory"?
His regular season coach is his Great 8 coach..

= All the facts we need.

:-#

slyer

Post by slyer » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:43 pm

i think that it's pretty clear that coach may have had something to do with this, these two aren't close. numbers don't lie, the team had a great year nothing wrong with 15-8-2 there sos is 10, they don't play easy games. the one thing that has stood in front of er from making it to state is duluth east. we have seen that east team hasn't been that bad the last few years with a few mr.hockey finalist, thats hard for me to say this game is a team sport you win a few you lose a few. stars67 i'm afraid your gonna be alone on this one not many agree with you, there is a reason it's not close

suntzu

Post by suntzu » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:56 pm

Get a grip, folks. The Great 8 rosters are voted on by the coaches from each section, so there should be no questioning Esse. He did not select the roster. One of three things happened: 1) The section coaches voted for 2 other goaltenders. 2) The goaltender in question turned down a spot on the team. 3) The goaltender in question was not nominated by his coach.

End of discussion. If it was option 1, apparently the coaches in this section know less than a bunch of people trolling a message board. If it was either of the other two options, who cares??

CB00

Post by CB00 » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:48 pm

suntzu wrote:Get a grip, folks. The Great 8 rosters are voted on by the coaches from each section, so there should be no questioning Esse. He did not select the roster. One of three things happened: 1) The section coaches voted for 2 other goaltenders. 2) The goaltender in question turned down a spot on the team. 3) The goaltender in question was not nominated by his coach.

End of discussion. If it was option 1, apparently the coaches in this section know less than a bunch of people trolling a message board. If it was either of the other two options, who cares??
To set things straight to avoid continued rumors. Franke was the first kid nominated by his coaches at Elk River and was not voted by the Section 7A coaches. This is the problem with a Cities team in a northern section. Good old boys sticking together. I know, as Anders is my son. Great kid with a good future. Nuff said.

Neuuman

Post by Neuuman » Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:58 pm

Stars67 wrote:BAD TEAM?? A Tony Sarsland System forces all outside shots... They are visible and easy to stop... He single-handedly cost ER the game against Anoka at Anoka and almost did the same at ER... This team was a solid team. For one to say they were bad is not only an insult to the rest of the team its just plain false. The two goalies that made it over him seem to be superior this season, one set a state record for saves I believe, and the other was 15-9 with a .910 Save % and 2.69 GAA on a "Worse Team" considering they lost to ER... I really do think the right decision was made here...
This may qualify as the dumbest post I've ever read here. First of all, to "single handedly" cost a TEAM a game is utterly ridiculous. Did he have NO saves in that game? And to "almost do the same at ER" - what does that mean? Did they win the game, but almost lose? Did all of his teammates perform error free in both games? We're talking about HS KIDS! for God's sake - they do read these things. WHY WOULD YOU COME ON TO A POST LIKE THIS AND BE SO INSULTING TO A KID WHO DID NOTHING MORE OR LESS THAN THE BEST HE COULD DO?. Hope you sleep well tonight. And, FYI, I definitely have no dog in this fight.

slyer

Post by slyer » Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:01 pm

looks like it was option 1,sorry coaches

auld_skool

Post by auld_skool » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:14 am

CB00 wrote: Great kid with a good future. Nuff said.
Agreed.

puckhead58

Post by puckhead58 » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:04 am

Maybe they wanted to give the other 2 goalies some additional exposure. I think Anders has been on a lot of elite teams and is pretty well set, exposure wise. The other 2 goalies are pretty good and deserving.

slyer

Post by slyer » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:11 pm

it's about who deserves to be there, one last time in a high school jersey