U.S.H.L. Futures Draft May 1st 96's Birth Year...

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Lowstickside

Futures

Post by Lowstickside »

Clearly, everyone has their background as for as where they actually grew to love the game of hockey and developed. The USHL drafts players from all over the world and grabbing a Blades roster from one of the tournaments that they play in is just another tool for the scouts. 9 players off of one team is impressive is my only comment.

Wherever they come from or were previously developed, elite players need to be more than just good. They need to be identified and they need exposure. Maybe another organization can provide this opportunity for the older players. For now, however, as far as the USHL is concerned, it seems to be the Blades.
Nobodyonya

Post by Nobodyonya »

2112 wrote:
Nobodyonya wrote:
ThePuckStopsHere wrote: No Terry you Media Whore - It was a good day for these individual players not YOU :wink:
Honestly Puckster.....You are correct on this. The individual players displayed there ability with the tools they were taught not the Blades. Even though they belonged to the Blades it was the players that excelled. Fortunately for the Blades they can have bragging rights that there organization got them there, but essentially it is the individual that comprehends and retains what is instilled in themselves not only from Summer hockey, but also Winter. Individuals prevail not the Blades or any other AAA hockey organization

Obviously you have no idea about these kids, most of them were from the 96 machine, They were used by the Blades for 3 month period before high school hockey started, the Blades did not get them there nor did they own them.
Only terry moore would come on here and claim responsibility for the Blades Organization.

Congrats to the kids for your hard work, keep it up it only gets tougher from here.
#-o I was hoping this thread was not going to go in the direction it did. Organizations want to claim players for there own recognition rather than giving total credit to the individuals. My intention here is not to banter Terry either. Hoping these players have a great career ahead of them

Post by 2112 »

Nobodyonya wrote:
2112 wrote:
Nobodyonya wrote: Honestly Puckster.....You are correct on this. The individual players displayed there ability with the tools they were taught not the Blades. Even though they belonged to the Blades it was the players that excelled. Fortunately for the Blades they can have bragging rights that there organization got them there, but essentially it is the individual that comprehends and retains what is instilled in themselves not only from Summer hockey, but also Winter. Individuals prevail not the Blades or any other AAA hockey organization

Obviously you have no idea about these kids, most of them were from the 96 machine, They were used by the Blades for 3 month period before high school hockey started, the Blades did not get them there nor did they own them.
Only terry moore would come on here and claim responsibility for the Blades Organization.

Congrats to the kids for your hard work, keep it up it only gets tougher from here.
#-o I was hoping this thread was not going to go in the direction it did. Organizations want to claim players for there own recognition rather than giving total credit to the individuals. My intention here is not to banter Terry either. Hoping these players have a great career ahead of them

When you use the terms belonged to the Blades, and the Blades got them there. Where did you think this thread was going to go, then you say you didn`t want it to go in this direction. Wow !! :roll: :roll:
hockeyfan893

Post by hockeyfan893 »

Mr. Moore never mentioned anything about any of the players "belonging" to the Blades organization, or the organization taking credit for developing the talent.

He said, and I quote, "nine of the players drafted played for the Blades U16 team last fall."

Funny, at least Mr. Moore has the audacity to post with his real name, while the people going after him do not. I'm sorry this thread went down the road that it did.
observer

Post by observer »

Congratulations to the players. 16 drafted players is impressive and reflects brightly on Minnesota Hockey.

Looking at posts on the forum there were 15 94s selected two years ago and 12 95s selected last year. I see the number continuing to grow.

Which players might leave the MSHSL for the USHL?
buttend

Post by buttend »

hockeyfan893 wrote:Mr. Moore never mentioned anything about any of the players "belonging" to the Blades organization, or the organization taking credit for developing the talent.

He said, and I quote, "nine of the players drafted played for the Blades U16 team last fall."

Funny, at least Mr. Moore has the audacity to post with his real name, while the people going after him do not. I'm sorry this thread went down the road that it did.
NO that is not what he said! Terry Moore " It was a good day for the Blades. Nine of the players drafted played for the Blades U16 team last fall..........." His whole intent on that sentance was not to congratulate the kids for getting drated, it was to inform all readers on this post that the Blades look good because ofthe accomplishments of those kids. The ownership angle comes when he attaches those kids to the U16 Blades team! Sorry it is what it is!
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

:roll:

Aren't there enough Blades-Machine arguments on the Youth Forum without spreading them here, too?