HP 17 Final 54

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

deacon64

Post by deacon64 »

scienceguy wrote:I guess you are from the Twin Cities area. What you say is true for metro players. But those kids from outstate, other than Roseau, this may be their only opportunity to play where there are a number of coaches, scouts etc. These are the kids that are being excluded by the hypocrisy of Minnesota Hockey. Changes need to be made at MN Hockey.
So true. Look at Select 16 only about 5 kids from Northen half of MN selected. Not right!
auld_skool

Post by auld_skool »

ticktacktonka wrote:My son has also aged out of the Selects. He did always make the 54s, never made the final trip to NY. He is now playing in the USHL with a scholarship offer and will play DIV 1 hockey this Fall. The moral of the story is that this tournament will not matter in the Big picture. Remember Blake Wheeler never made it. Many other talented players get passed by each year. Maybe their name isn't hyped enough, maybe they are late "bloomers" or sadly, maybe they just don't have the right name. Like I said earlier, do it for fun- if you want- not for anything more.
Exactly. If an athlete deserves attention and plays in MN he (or she for that matter) will get looks from people who matter.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

ticktacktonka wrote:My son has also aged out of the Selects. He did always make the 54s, never made the final trip to NY. He is now playing in the USHL with a scholarship offer and will play DIV 1 hockey this Fall. The moral of the story is that this tournament will not matter in the Big picture. Remember Blake Wheeler never made it. Many other talented players get passed by each year. Maybe their name isn't hyped enough, maybe they are late "bloomers" or sadly, maybe they just don't have the right name. Like I said earlier, do it for fun- if you want- not for anything more.
Or jut maybe, mommy and daddy don't have a money tree in the back yard. :roll:
BarDown777

Post by BarDown777 »

http://www.mnhockeyhub.com/roster/show/ ... ason=72226

Brodzinski listed as 5'1'' 190 lbs

that made me chuckle :lol:
Gems

Roster

Post by Gems »

When is the roster posted for the national camp?
Gems

Players

Post by Gems »

...and how many players advance?
mghockey18

Re: Players

Post by mghockey18 »

Gems wrote:...and how many players advance?
Should be posted Thursday. Typically with the 17's they choose 5-6 D, 9-12 forwards, and 2 goalies.
deacon64

Post by deacon64 »

mghockey18 wrote:
Should be posted Thursday. Typically with the 17's they choose 5-6 D, 9-12 forwards, and 2 goalies.
Should be easy to some up with 20 players. The quality of play and players in the 17's is outstanding! Normally the 16's in the cross over games make it competitive, not this year. Scores from 3 games with 17's dominating all there were 7-3, 6-1 and 10-2.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

^^^ I agree. The 16's seemed to have the size advantage in a game I saw, but that was dwarfed by the speed and skill of the 17's. Wasnt even close.
Gems

95's

Post by Gems »

95's have a very deep group of players and will see how deep in the next few years as they mature even more...
hshockeyfan8

Post by hshockeyfan8 »

mghockey18 wrote:
My predictions based off these numbers

D: Brodzinski, Schuldt, Raskob, Gross, Heinrich and Kivlhalme
F: Labosky, Sheehy, Peterson, Bergh, Lindstrom, Kuhlman, Hurley, Hajicek and Moore
G: Shepard, Larson
ManBearPig

Post by ManBearPig »

Looking at the list posted above, I think there may be only a handful of givens that everyone agrees they should be invited. All of the guys that are committed, plus Kulman and Sheehy would be my guess. Maybe Heinrich.
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Based off of what numbers? How can you possibly go off the 54's alone..?? That ridiculous....

You have to take the whole process. Section tryouts, Festival, 54s and the last season they had....I think that is what they will/should base it off..

Otherwise, why even go through the whole process. Just do (1) weekend and get it over with
Last edited by SuperStar on Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gems

Post by Gems »

D: Brodzinski, Schuldt, Raskob, Gross, Heinrich and Kivlhalme...Reno, Austin
F: Labosky, Sheehy, Peterson, Bergh, Lindstrom, Kuhlman, Hurley, Hajicek and Moore...Hartley, Brown, Spinner
G: Shepard, Larson, [/quote]

Any of these players deserve to go and probably more...very deep group of players...
Gems

Post by Gems »

SuperStar wrote:My predictions based off these numbers

D: Brodzinski, Schuldt, Raskob, Gross, Heinrich and Kivlhalme
F: Labosky, Sheehy, Peterson, Bergh, Lindstrom, Kuhlman, Hurley, Hajicek and Moore
G: Shepard, Larson

Based off of what numbers? The 54 tourney alone? You have to take the whole process. Section tryouts, Festival, 54s and the last season they had..My predictions are a bit different...
What are your predictions then SuperStar?
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Not into naming names. But there would be a couple more EP kids on there... 8)
hshockeyfan8

Post by hshockeyfan8 »

SuperStar wrote:Based off of what numbers? How can you possibly go off the 54's alone..?? That ridiculous....

You have to take the whole process. Section tryouts, Festival, 54s and the last season they had....I think that is what they will/should base it off..

Otherwise, why even go through the whole process. Just do (1) weekend and get it over with
By numbers I simply meant how many players they select, not stats. But I would be interested in seeing your predictions SuperStar
Gems

Post by Gems »

SuperStar wrote:Not into naming names. But there would be a couple more EP kids on there... 8)
Like I said there are a lot of players deserving and it's a shame some will miss out... :cry:
mghockey18

Post by mghockey18 »

National Camp is up. A few surprises for sure. Raskob got absolutely hosed. Kid is committed to UMD and got offered a spot out in Ann Arbor. Minnesota Hockey strikes again!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Very surprising...MN hockey ..WOW

They also had 13 kids from EP and DE in the 54's and only (1) makes the team..? Spinner had a great year and tryout and very much deserves it. Congrats to him ! And Tyler Cline had a great year too- congrats!

Who is Tanner Holmes (G) - Back-up goalie at TRF? Congrats for making it..But he gets the nod over a couple varsity starting goalies who had pretty good year(s) and tryouts - LaCombe, Larson, Shepard or Gerdes. Not knocking the kid, just never heard of him or seen him play
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

mghockey18 wrote:National Camp is up. A few surprises for sure. Raskob got absolutely hosed. Kid is committed to UMD and got offered a spot out in Ann Arbor. Minnesota Hockey strikes again!
Have no idea how good he is, but apparently the evaluators made their selections based on how well they thought the players performed in the tryouts. So often you read here how their picks are based on name and reputation only, and how they pretty much know who will make the final cut before the tryouts even begin.
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

mghockey18 wrote:National Camp is up. A few surprises for sure. Raskob got absolutely hosed. Kid is committed to UMD and got offered a spot out in Ann Arbor. Minnesota Hockey strikes again!
Where is it posted?
Benito Juarez

Post by Benito Juarez »

flatontheice wrote:
Where is it posted?
http://www.minnesotahockey.org/page/sho ... -16-and-17
Lowstickside

17's National camp team

Post by Lowstickside »

Raskob played well and surly could have gone. He is a great player, will have a good college career, and has nothing to prove. However, he has never made our MN team and has attented the National Camp each year, even making the Nations Tournament team last year while being cut the same weekend as this year. Why give him a spot when he will be in NY anyway? This actually gets one more MN player there! A win/win for MN.

I think almost all of the "54" players could have been chosen to go to N.Y. from the 95 group. This is a great group of players and I think they have set the bar very high as far as the depth of their age group. I did not see that with the 94 or 96 group.

Good luck and congrats to the team!
SuperStar

Post by SuperStar »

Going back to the goalie pick - I am absolutely miffed and baffled.

How can you pick the goalie with the worst "stats" and very little varsity experience for this team?

Not knocking this kid..Just wondering what MN Hockey was thinking...

These are stats I complied for BOTH the Festival and 54's combined - first to worst order. Goals Against (GA) and GAA - granted there is small difference in shots for each - But not alot

Name GA GAA

LaCombe 9 3.00
Shepard 11 3.53
Gerdes 13 4.20
Larson 13 4.30
Martens 13 4.30
Holmes 17 5.65
l