Christian Horn commits to the Gophers

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

gopherpuck516

Post by gopherpuck516 »

Awesome!!! Congrats to him, can't wait to watch him play for the Gophers!
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

Surprised. Nevertheless, great pickup and best of luck to a very good HS hockey player.
blewbyyou

Post by blewbyyou »

Nice player and pick-up for the Gophs!
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

And some will try to tell you the Gophs would STILL have no interest in Besse even though he's just a Junior. :roll:

Did you say that "I must think the Gophers have 45 schollys"?

Congrats! Very solid player.

:idea:
Reggie

Post by Reggie »

Is he a walk-on?
JDUBBS1280

Post by JDUBBS1280 »

MrBoDangles wrote:And some will try to tell you the Gophs would STILL have no interest in Besse even though he's just a Junior. :roll:

Did you say that "I must think the Gophers have 45 schollys"?

Congrats! Very solid player.

:idea:
Different type of player. Will play a different role on the team.

So yes, still no interest ;)
Tigers33

Post by Tigers33 »

Bo Dangles roster would like something like this -

Aaron Ness, Cade Fairchild, Ben Marshall, Nate Schmitt, Kyle Rau, Justin Kloos, Jay Barriball, Sam Warning, Jordan Schroeder, Erik Haula, Littieri, Cammarta.

He wants all offensive type of players. Good luck keeping them happy. What he doesnt know is when it came playoff time the gophers top line was a line made up of role players - Matson, Condon, and Boyd. Their next best line might have been their 4th line. Matson had more to do with the success of this team than people think. He is a blue collar kid that plays that style on the ice. Who is the last Gophers captain to play that style.

What everyone is trying to say is you need role players. You cant have all the same type of kid. Last kid that put on a show in the state tournament was Pat White. I think the Gophers will pass, just because of that :)
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

So the Gophers would take Horn over Besse if both were still available :shock: ....?
And the Gophers wouldn't have a bit of interest in Besse (now) like you said :shock: ....?

We'll have to agree to disagree.
JDUBBS1280

Post by JDUBBS1280 »

MrBoDangles wrote:We'll have to agree to disagree.
Sounds good.
JDUBBS1280

Post by JDUBBS1280 »

Tigers33 wrote:Bo Dangles roster would like something like this -

Aaron Ness, Cade Fairchild, Ben Marshall, Nate Schmitt, Kyle Rau, Justin Kloos, Jay Barriball, Sam Warning, Jordan Schroeder, Erik Haula, Littieri, Cammarta.

He wants all offensive type of players. Good luck keeping them happy. What he doesnt know is when it came playoff time the gophers top line was a line made up of role players - Matson, Condon, and Boyd. Their next best line might have been their 4th line. Matson had more to do with the success of this team than people think. He is a blue collar kid that plays that style on the ice. Who is the last Gophers captain to play that style.

What everyone is trying to say is you need role players. You cant have all the same type of kid. Last kid that put on a show in the state tournament was Pat White. I think the Gophers will pass, just because of that :)
Well said :)
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

No, that looks like the Gopher's roster. :lol:

Not so sure that Boyd, Condon and Matson weren't looked at as highly skilled players in High School. Think it was more of not MAKING a "scoring line" and being told to not let the other team score until we can get our scorers back out there. *Role players... :lol: :wink:
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

MrBoDangles wrote:So the Gophers would take Horn over Besse if both were still available :shock: ....?
And the Gophers wouldn't have a bit of interest in Besse (now) like you said :shock: ....?

The more I read your babble on the Besse issue, the more I think you should be posting on a basketball forum. ](*,)
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

BodyShots wrote:
MrBoDangles wrote:So the Gophers would take Horn over Besse if both were still available :shock: ....?

The more I read your babble on the Besse issue, the more I think you should be posting on a basketball forum. ](*,)
Go Gophers! :roll:
ticktacktonka

Post by ticktacktonka »

My sources say that Christian is a walk on without a scholarship. I doubt Besse would have accepted that role!! Good Luck to you Christian. You are a great player, great vision, good hockey sense and skill. I hope you get the opportunity to play.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

That's the word I got as well, nice to see a kid chase his dream...I'm sure he had other options.
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

lol.
watchingfromthestands

Post by watchingfromthestands »

ticktacktonka wrote:My sources say that Christian is a walk on without a scholarship. I doubt Besse would have accepted that role!! Good Luck to you Christian. You are a great player, great vision, good hockey sense and skill. I hope you get the opportunity to play.
Not accurate, the walk on portion that is. Im sure they dont make the noise over a walk on commit that they are. Good luck to him.
too old to skate - so im watchingfromthestands
You're Right

Post by You're Right »

Cripes!!!!!! How many grand kids does Louie Nanne have??? :D

Nice kid, bit of a stretch but time will tell.

Playing juniors first?
JDUBBS1280

Post by JDUBBS1280 »

You're Right wrote:Cripes!!!!!! How many grand kids does Louie Nanne have??? :D

Nice kid, bit of a stretch but time will tell.

Playing juniors first?
Nope. 2012 recruit.
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

watchingfromthestands wrote:
ticktacktonka wrote:My sources say that Christian is a walk on without a scholarship. I doubt Besse would have accepted that role!! Good Luck to you Christian. You are a great player, great vision, good hockey sense and skill. I hope you get the opportunity to play.
Not accurate, the walk on portion that is. Im sure they dont make the noise over a walk on commit that they are. Good luck to him.
He is a walk on.
You're Right

Post by You're Right »

Has to be if it's 2012. Rumor is he doesn't want to go to Jrs so it appears he is going to get on with school try it as a walk on and see what happens. Makes sense, Jrs is not for everyone.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

'I hope you get the opportunity to play" :shock:

Don't you find it funny now that THEY thought the Gophers would choose to give an offer to Horton to fill a role over "never would have any interest in him" Besse

THEY would of said that he was a walk-on if they knew at the time. Read through from the first post.

What a drastic swing........

It's so obvious for the people with some common sense.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Dangles, please decipher the previous post as I can make absolutely no sense of it.
JDUBBS1280

Post by JDUBBS1280 »

MrBoDangles wrote:
'I hope you get the opportunity to play" :shock:

Don't you find it funny now that THEY thought the Gophers would choose to give an offer to Horton to fill a role over "never would have any interest in him" Besse

THEY would of said that he was a walk-on if they knew at the time. Read through from the first post.

What a drastic swing........

It's so obvious for the people with some common sense.
Who is "they"?