Next year

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Roy01

Post by Roy01 »

karl(east) wrote:Just to throw some of the other sections into the conversation...

-Will anyone (Farmington, maybe?) rise up to challenge the Lakevilles in 1AA? Can this section produce another team capable of a big upset?
Farmington will be able to compete a few years down the road, but I don't see it happening next season.. If they can't even place higher than 6th in the Missota, it may be an issue. Give it a couple years with the metro expanding and they'll be able to compete much more.
karl(east)

Post by karl(east) »

BodyShots wrote:
karl(east) wrote:
I'll throw sections 4 and 5 into the conversation, too...is there any way those two don't end up Hill-WBL and Blaine-MG in the finals?
I will be very surprised to see WBL in the section final next year. They should at least be able to get by the quarter finals though. #-o
Ouch. :lol: They had a pretty good bantam team this year...are they losing many to Hill?

I suppose Mounds View might continue to improve, and Stillwater and Roseville tend to be decent, though not much more. Of course, they may all just be sacrificial lambs to the Pioneers in the end...
idumpthepuck

Post by idumpthepuck »

the A bantams didnt lose anyone to hill. the class coming up right now is very talented they should be able to make a run at state when there juniors and seniors that is if everyone stays.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

The WBL Bantam team was very strong this past year. I expect several of them to make the team, and Giller will have to be a big offensive contributor, along with Wahlin. The upper classmen (Sr and Jr) have, and will continue to struggle offensively. If Carney doesn't come back, the defense will struggle as well.

The SEC will be wide open next year. I wouldn't be surprised to see teams like Moundsview and Roseville contend for the title. Who knows, maybe one of the Woodbury schools will excel also.
defense

Post by defense »

TTpuckster wrote:
karl(east) wrote:Just to throw some of the other sections into the conversation...

-Will anyone (Farmington, maybe?) rise up to challenge the Lakevilles in 1AA? Can this section produce another team capable of a big upset?

-Can anyone compete with Moorhead or Roseau in 8AA?

-What on earth do we make of 3AA? Defending champ Eagan loses a lot, and there is no obvious team to step up and take their place. Does that mean they can manage a repeat? Will Cretin bring in some good talent? Can one of the Woodbury teams finally do something with that very good youth program? Rosemount had a good bantam team last year; any chance Stepan can turn the team around right away?
The way things are going these days for EGF. I wish they would move up to AA. I believe they
would give Moorhead and Roseau a run for the money, I mean the X.
What the beck happened last season?
I had EGF as a top team in the state.
Wside

EGF

Post by Wside »

Then you did not see them during the scrimmages in Moorhead.
TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster »

defense wrote:
TTpuckster wrote:

-Can anyone compete with Moorhead or Roseau in 8AA?

-What on earth do we make of 3AA? Defending champ Eagan loses a lot, and there is no obvious team to step up and take their place. Does that mean they can manage a repeat? Will Cretin bring in some good talent? Can one of the Woodbury teams finally do something with that very good youth program? Rosemount had a good bantam team last year; any chance Stepan can turn the team around right away?
The way things are going these days for EGF. I wish they would move up to AA. I believe they
would give Moorhead and Roseau a run for the money, I mean the X.
What the beck happened last season?
I had EGF as a top team in the state.
They have had several years of very good youth teams.
Something seems to happen there when they get to high school?