Section 7 - The goalie section?

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MNhockey29

Section 7 - The goalie section?

Post by MNhockey29 »

It seems that section 7 is the section with the best young goalies.

Andover- Perry
Cloquet- Ketola?
Elk River- Berglove
Grand Rapids- Shepard
Forest Lake- Garcia

Thoughts anyone?
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Not that Section 7AA won't be good in 13-14, but this upcoming season it is hitting a crescendo in terms of elite players and depth. Duluth East won't drop off as much as some think, and the other teams are on the rise. I think Grand Rapids, Duluth East, Cloquet, and Elk River are all top 10 teams this year. I don't know what Chase Perry's supporting cast will be like, and the same question would be applied to Forest Lake's goalie. I don't know how the Rangers replace Franklin and Kohls. Forest Lake is an unknown because they don't have many people post here about them. One thing I'm hoping for is more games between Elk River/Andover and the 3 northern teams. I would be very surprised if Andover isn't on Rapids schedule.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
hshockeyfan8

Post by hshockeyfan8 »

We should see some low scoring games in the section tournament. Section 6 will also have some very good goaltenders, although not neccisarily young.

BSM- Quale
Tonka- Ciacco
EP- LaCombe, Gerdes, Kielly
Wayzata- Dingman
MNhockey29

Post by MNhockey29 »

Section 6 is the best section for senior goalies I would say
Usthockey13

Re: Section 7 - The goalie section?

Post by Usthockey13 »

MNhockey29 wrote:It seems that section 7 is the section with the best young goalies.

Andover- Perry
Cloquet- Ketola?
Elk River- Berglove
Grand Rapids- Shepard
Forest Lake- Garcia

Thoughts anyone?
I think you also forgot Duluth East-Parker to that list... Lost 1 game all last year? But yes I agree a lot of good goalies in the section
TheHockeyDJ

Post by TheHockeyDJ »

Wouldn't Leverson be the goalie at Forest Lake? He was the main reason they got by Rapids last year.
YouTube.com/BarbellMedicine
MNhockey29

Post by MNhockey29 »

I was just naming the upcoming juniors for section 7 and how there will be a lot of good goalies for the next 2 years.

Yeah Parker will be a good senior goalie. And I don't know about Levorson he would only play good everyother game. Example: great vs. GR, not so great the next game vs. Andover. But he's still good.
newtendy29fan

Post by newtendy29fan »

hshockeyfan8 wrote:We should see some low scoring games in the section tournament. Section 6 will also have some very good goaltenders, although not neccisarily young.

BSM- Quale
Tonka- Ciacco
EP- LaCombe, Kielly
Wayzata- Dingman
EP = LaCombe, Kielly both top notch goalies and great team mates; leading EP BA to the state title in 2011; these two should be able to help get EP to state in 2013

Quale, Ciacco and Dingman rock too.