Transfers next year

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Granttenn

Re: Transfers next year

Post by Granttenn » Sat May 12, 2012 10:23 pm

minnscout wrote:Has anyone heard of any players leaving current HS and transferring to new school for next year? I heard there are a couple high end private school players going to new private school next year. I do not want to mention names until I know for sure.
*** Would Shattuck play into this rumour ***

Huskiesfan16

Post by Huskiesfan16 » Sun May 13, 2012 12:37 am

Down here in the South the word is that a couple players might be heading to the metro ( couldn't name anyone soecifically) and that Chris Amsden wants out of St. Peter. But I could be very wrong on those as I'm not really in the loop as much as I would like :D

eagles137

Post by eagles137 » Sat May 19, 2012 11:15 am

Im not going to say any names until its for sure, but there is about an 80% chance that a very good Lake Conference goalie will be making the move to Victoria next year. Hence my username

blueblood

Transfers

Post by blueblood » Sun May 20, 2012 8:48 am

Very short sighted move. Ep & BSM will be the teams to beat in section 6AA.

agreatdayforhockey

Seeing Both Sides

Post by agreatdayforhockey » Mon May 21, 2012 2:36 pm

observer wrote:Good summary.
Last edited by agreatdayforhockey on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

observer

Post by observer » Mon May 21, 2012 2:47 pm

Now that is funny.

First, since some players pay as little as $500 to attend a private hockey power I'm sure the school could make some adjustments based on financial need.

Second, "not about hockey" You my friend are the one that needs to do a little thinking before posting.

Third, so you're a family that enrolls your child at Blake for the educational and athletic experience. But, after being a student and athlete there some players want to leave cuz the grass is greener on the other side. So they leave, without repercussions like sitting out a year of varsity play as the rule is written, but your family decides to stick with your commitment plus Blake is a good school. That would define a selfish move by the bailing families. Pretty sure selfish means without consideration to others.

To me the "spirit" of the rule is more important than the rule itself. There may be loopholes in the rule, see above, but there are no loopholes in the "spirit" of the rule. The families and any receiving school are violating the spirit of the rule.

agreatdayforhockey

Post by agreatdayforhockey » Mon May 21, 2012 6:00 pm

observer wrote:Now that is funny.

First, since some players pay as little as $500 to attend a private hockey power I'm sure the school could make some adjustments based on financial need.

Second, "not about hockey" You my friend are the one that needs to do a little thinking before posting.

Third, so you're a family that enrolls your child at Blake for the educational and athletic experience. But, after being a student and athlete there some players want to leave cuz the grass is greener on the other side. So they leave, without repercussions like sitting out a year of varsity play as the rule is written, but your family decides to stick with your commitment plus Blake is a good school. That would define a selfish move by the bailing families. Pretty sure selfish means without consideration to others.

To me the "spirit" of the rule is more important than the rule itself. There may be loopholes in the rule, see above, but there are no loopholes in the "spirit" of the rule. The families and any receiving school are violating the spirit of the rule.

How have I not thought before posting? I was just throwing up ideas of why kids could switch (not just these two). Has any one on here even talked to the kids about it instead of going behind their backs and criticizing them? I'm just saying there may be more to stories than we think. Also, I know schools like Blake are not athletic oriented and rarely give financial aid to athletes.

OnFrozenPond

Post by OnFrozenPond » Mon May 21, 2012 6:28 pm

agreatdayforhockey wrote:
observer wrote:Now that is funny.

How have I not thought before posting? I was just throwing up ideas of why kids could switch (not just these two). Has any one on here even talked to the kids about it instead of going behind their backs and criticizing them? I'm just saying there may be more to stories than we think. Also, I know schools like Blake are not athletic oriented and rarely give financial aid to athletes.
I believe the only financial aid they are allowed to provide is need based.

Zoogy92

Post by Zoogy92 » Tue May 22, 2012 10:34 pm

eagles137 wrote:Im not going to say any names until its for sure, but there is about an 80% chance that a very good Lake Conference goalie will be making the move to Victoria next year. Hence my username
Those rumors are true. Nice coincidence that that coach out in Victoria happens to run a training facility in the same city of that lake conference goalie. I've been hearing multiple blatant illegal actions by that team (like this one) but I guess everyone is just going to look the other way on it of course.