Elite League Tryouts Next Weekend

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

keepyourheadup wrote:With 9 players in the Elite league...if the selection is truly merit based....they should go undefeated and out score their opponents by at least 150 goals. Even good AA schools seldom have 9 players considered ELITE.
Just think how the other half of their team who were not selected feel.
ruseme2

Post by ruseme2 »

There are more than 1 or 2 scouts present at games...they also are entangled with the pro scouts, ushl scouts, and they net work. The elite scouting is not based on just a few perspectives.
flatontheice

Post by flatontheice »

ruseme2 wrote:There are more than 1 or 2 scouts present at games...they also are entangled with the pro scouts, ushl scouts, and they net work. The elite scouting is not based on just a few perspectives.
Thats the biggest lie on this board :roll: :roll:
auld_skool

Post by auld_skool »

ruseme2 wrote:There are more than 1 or 2 scouts present at games...they also are entangled with the pro scouts, ushl scouts, and they net work. The elite scouting is not based on just a few perspectives.
I believe you when you say that scouting is broadly based. SELECTION however is not.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

As for scouts in attendance, go to the first weekend and see for yourself to find out how many are there. Whether or not they network amongst each other I can't speak to.
auld_skool

Post by auld_skool »

keepyourheadup wrote:As for scouts in attendance, go to the first weekend and see for yourself to find out how many are there. Whether or not they network amongst each other I can't speak to.
I believe he was referring to scouting before the teams are selected, not the scouting that takes place during Elite League play.
keepyourheadup

Post by keepyourheadup »

Fair enough, I know a good deal of the scouting goes on at the select camps.