Benilde roster churn

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

barry_mcconnell

Post by barry_mcconnell » Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:34 am

BSM is my new favorite team to root against. I hope they lose all their games. If they form a bandy team I hope that team loses all their games. I hope their field hockey teams goes 0-19.

I hope their mascot pulls his groin. And the replacement mascot they recruit from Michigan, I hope he pulls his groin too.

If they have an adapted floor hockey team I hope they go 1-16 (cause I'm a nice guy).

stmartin123

Post by stmartin123 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:32 pm

barry_mcconnell wrote:BSM is my new favorite team to root against. I hope they lose all their games. If they form a bandy team I hope that team loses all their games. I hope their field hockey teams goes 0-19.

I hope their mascot pulls his groin. And the replacement mascot they recruit from Michigan, I hope he pulls his groin too.

If they have an adapted floor hockey team I hope they go 1-16 (cause I'm a nice guy).
:lol: People love to hate the good teams...
Don't hate STA. I wouldn't want to lose either.

observer

Post by observer » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:06 pm

People love to hate the good teams...
People love to hate unethical teams with slippery leadership.

mngopherfan

Post by mngopherfan » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:23 pm

observer wrote:
People love to hate the good teams...
People love to hate unethical teams with slippery leadership.
Speaking of BSM, i saw that Chase Jungles was at the Vancouver Giants (WHL) rookie camp.

observer

Post by observer » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:05 pm

Speaking of BSM, i saw that Chase Jungles was at the Vancouver Giants (WHL) rookie camp.
Now that's funny. 25th best player on last year's team. JV players go to WHL tryouts?

bsmguy

Post by bsmguy » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:04 pm

barry_mcconnell wrote:BSM is my new favorite team to root against. I hope they lose all their games. If they form a bandy team I hope that team loses all their games. I hope their field hockey teams goes 0-19.

This post should be a lesson to everybody. See how barry expresses his hatred with both passion and humor. For example, he knows BSM has no field hockey team or Michigan mascots, but he makes his point, and makes us laugh, by employing extreme examples. Also, if he called out specific real teams (like freshman football) he would be ripping actual people, that he knows don't deserve it. He avoids this trap by deftly expressing hatred against fictional teams. He never actually mentions even the State Champion Hockey Team. Thus, the humor stands and no one is offended.

Well done, Barry! Keep up the good work.

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:57 pm

bsmguy wrote:He avoids this trap by deftly expressing hatred against fictional teams. He never actually mentions even the State Champion Hockey Team.
Not to mention the State Champion Soccer Team, who in the final did manage to beat a team of real ringers by a 3-1 score!

“A lot of us grow up in Africa so we came here together. We all play soccer, we all go to the same school, a lot of us play for the same club,” Prairie Seeds Academy Captain Adama Keita.

http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2011/10/3 ... mpionship/

Zamman

Post by Zamman » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:56 pm

These types of posts were all directed at Hill years ago, AHA ten years ago so I guess it is BSM turn.
Sad to say but they are always directed at STA, every year....Just saying.

blueblood

Teams

Post by blueblood » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Z-thanks for the hockey history lesson. STA is an easy target.

I would like to see a media member interview the STA staff and ask the question: "You had 9 players in the elite league, why not move up to AA?"

F14

New Player

Post by F14 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:56 am

Freshmen Alec Baer who played last year at St. Louis Park and just got back from MN Advanced 15's in NY started school yesterday at Benilde.

Doubtful his brother who is a senior at SLP will play this year but they could use his help.
Last edited by F14 on Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Toomuchtoosoon

Post by Toomuchtoosoon » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:42 pm

Freshmen Alec Baer who played last year at St. Louis Park and just got back from MN Advanced 15's in NY started school yesterday at Benilde.
You win with upper classmen. My prediction he is in the WHL or USHL in one or two years. Nice pick-up, but will be gone before his eligibility is up.

icedad

Re: Teams

Post by icedad » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:21 pm

blueblood wrote:Z-thanks for the hockey history lesson. STA is an easy target.

I would like to see a media member interview the STA staff and ask the question: "You had 9 players in the elite league, why not move up to AA?"
That's my question man. How can you even feel good about yourself in the single A level at state each year when your team is as good (and as heavily recruited) as STA. Every year I always think, how embarassing !!!

Let's show you actually have a pair and step up to AA like Holy Family did. Here HF is a pretty young org, but Coach Rahn says my guys are going to play with the big boys. Kudos !!!

Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot » Sun Sep 02, 2012 7:23 pm

BSM - the new HM.

MNpuckBlog

Post by MNpuckBlog » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:02 pm

Slap Shot wrote:BSM - the new HM.
Tough to say since HM finished 2nd at the tourney, but I agree with your point that BSM is the new "go-to" private school in the metro. Kind of how AHA was always a contender, but has been slowly falling off the map and haven't made a tourney appearance since their Championship season in 05'. I Expect HM to keep producing quality teams, although BSM will be the new private school rooted against for a while.

puckstopper33

Post by puckstopper33 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:51 pm

MNpuckBlog wrote:
Slap Shot wrote:BSM - the new HM.
Tough to say since HM finished 2nd at the tourney, but I agree with your point that BSM is the new "go-to" private school in the metro. Kind of how AHA was always a contender, but has been slowly falling off the map and haven't made a tourney appearance since their Championship season in 05'. I Expect HM to keep producing quality teams, although BSM will be the new private school rooted against for a while.
The only reason I don't think HM will fall off the map like AHA has been is because of location since it is a more of a north/east metro school instead of south, so it will still attract the top players from that area without competition from other privates.

blueblood

Privates

Post by blueblood » Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:09 am

As compared to the early 2000's when AHA was the only AA school on the west side of town, they now have a tougher time attracting top end talent due to BSM and Holy Family opting up, along with the traditonal class A top teams in Blake and Breck in the west metro.

Other factors that don't play well to AHA's favor is sharing a rink with Richfield and lack of locker room facilities as compared to teams like Providence, Breck, Blake, STA. (sorry Z...)

Hill has always been the lone AA school on the east side of cities so they get their choice of players from St. Paul, WBL, Stillwater, Mahtomedi, Mounds View; etc.

blueliner5

Post by blueliner5 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 4:44 pm

Anyone know where Justin Quale is playing this year?

flatontheice

Post by flatontheice » Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:33 pm

Is Chanhassen playing AA or A this year?

blueblood

flatontheice

Post by blueblood » Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:45 pm

Ummmm, I'm not sure. I know Chaska plays Class A. #smh #funnyguy

C-dad

Post by C-dad » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:22 am

blueblood wrote:I would like to see a media member interview the STA staff and ask the question: "You had 9 players in the elite league, why not move up to AA?"
How often does it have to be asked and answered before you listen? The coaching staff has made it clear on a number of occasions that they would love to move up but the Headmaster has said that he won't allow one team to move up. Either all sports play at the highest level, or they all play where the MSHSL assigns them. If you want to rip on someone rip on Dr. Mich. (and I do think he deserves to be ripped for this.)

observer

Post by observer » Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:40 am

That's no fun. We don't know him.

We think the coaches, players and parents are big time sissy weenies. Not that good either since no one pays attention to single A.

Back on topic. How about the slippery rule benders at Benilde? They don't have a lot of fans either.

pioneers

Post by pioneers » Mon Oct 08, 2012 9:44 am

flatontheice wrote:

Is Chanhassen playing AA or A this year?[/q

MSHSL site shows them as A

Sorry was looking at Chaska Chanhassen is AA
Last edited by pioneers on Fri Oct 12, 2012 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions

BP

Post by BP » Mon Oct 08, 2012 10:20 am

Is Chanhassen playing AA or A this year?[/q

MSHSL site shows them as A[/quote]

AA, look under competitive sections on MSHSL

Roy01

Post by Roy01 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:03 pm

icedad wrote:

That's my question man. How can you even feel good about yourself in the single A level at state each year when your team is as good (and as heavily recruited) as STA. Every year I always think, how embarassing !!!

Let's show you actually have a pair and step up to AA like Holy Family did. Here HF is a pretty young org, but Coach Rahn says my guys are going to play with the big boys. Kudos !!!
Well even look at the Minneapolis Novas, they can barely field a team and they still play up.. Granted, they don't play the hardest regular season schedule, but when it comes to the final playoff push they step up to the plate in AA. Especially in a very tough section..

Back on topic, anyone have an idea of why Chanhassen dropped to A? They've been competitive and I can't imagine their enrollment has dropped significantly..

BP

Post by BP » Mon Oct 08, 2012 6:24 pm

Well even look at the Minneapolis Novas, they can barely field a team and they still play up.. Granted, they don't play the hardest regular season schedule, but when it comes to the final playoff push they step up to the plate in AA. Especially in a very tough section..

Back on topic, anyone have an idea of why Chanhassen dropped to A? They've been competitive and I can't imagine their enrollment has dropped significantly..[/quote]

The Novas are AA because of school enrollment.....they don't have a choice. Chanhassen is still AA.....look at competitve sections on the MSHSL site under Hockey.