Elite League Broadcasts

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockeyfan893

Elite League Broadcasts

Post by hockeyfan893 »

With games starting up this weekend, I'm curious if there are any plans by the Hub, or any other media organization, to do any sort of video or audio live broadcasting. It would be an excellent way to quench my thirst for good hockey until the regular season, especially given the impending NHL lockout..
The Enlightened One

Post by The Enlightened One »

Has anybody gone to a game in the Elite league or the Elite D league and then looked at the game sheet on line and noticed that they are two different games? Penalties are not showing up, kids who played are shown as not playing, goals given to wrong kids, stuff like that? Please tell me that those game sheets are not actually looked at by anybody with an eye towards seeing if a kid did well or not. If they are actually used by somebody then they should get them right online.
pioneers

Post by pioneers »

The scorers table is manned by parents of the players. Each week a different team is considered the host for the weekend and those parents are in charge. Many times the wrong players are announced for goals and assists. I am sure the scouts at the games know who gets the points.
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions
OnFrozenPond

Post by OnFrozenPond »

pioneers wrote:The scorers table is manned by parents of the players. Each week a different team is considered the host for the weekend and those parents are in charge. Many times the wrong players are announced for goals and assists. I am sure the scouts at the games know who gets the points.
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the scorers table at the mercy of the Officials call? They dictate the goals and assists. The coaches can change them, but only if they know there was an error.
hockeyfan893

Post by hockeyfan893 »

Just discovered that fasthockey.com has live and on-demand coverage of Elite League games including play-by-play commentary, if anyone else is interested.
cigar

a couple......

Post by cigar »

ssm has a couple games on its live stream...

http://hockey.s-sm.org/boys-prep-2012-13/
MoreCowBell

Post by MoreCowBell »

Speaking of goals and assists, how hard is it to get the assist right on a 2on 1, happened more than once.