Benilde roster churn

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

GordonBombay99

Post by GordonBombay99 »

Big loss, but they have a more than able kid in Jecha to take over the reins as #1 between the pipes.
auld_skool

Post by auld_skool »

No big deal. Jecha's a great goalie. I know that from personal experience.
eagles137

Post by eagles137 »

Heard there getting Dugas from Hill
ThePuckStopsHere

Post by ThePuckStopsHere »

eagles137 wrote:Heard there getting Dugas from Hill
So much for a repeat then :wink:
ERPWA Hockey

Post by ERPWA Hockey »

Rumor mill has spoted a bright red coat in Elk country, no recruiting right?
mngopherfan

Post by mngopherfan »

auld_skool wrote:No big deal. Jecha's a great goalie. I know that from personal experience.
Jecha Graduated...

I heard they have a Sr. coming in who played Jr.s or AAA last year. Big kid...
SWPrez

Post by SWPrez »

mngopherfan wrote:
auld_skool wrote:No big deal. Jecha's a great goalie. I know that from personal experience.
Jecha Graduated...

I heard they have a Sr. coming in who played Jr.s or AAA last year. Big kid...
Yep, Anders Jecha graduated. Rumor is Andrew Sprang has been brought in at the last minute. Dugas was on the short list but I think it would have been a hard transfer. Sprang played Midget Major hockey in Colorado (Rampage AAA). I feel bad for the goalies in the program as both of their JV goalies played well last year and deserve a shot that they probably won't get. Unfortunately, that's how it works in Division 1 high school hockey. Anyone seen MNScout lately?
O-townClown

Post by O-townClown »

Half-dozen posts and nobody asked where Quale is playing?

Okay. I will.

Where is he playing?
Be kind. Rewind.
hshockeyfan8

Post by hshockeyfan8 »

Andrew Sprang is 100% going to be a red knight next season. Big pick up from the free agent pool. As for Quale, I don't know if he can play anywhere in the MSHSL.
puckstopper33

Post by puckstopper33 »

Is there anyone at benilde that can challenge sprang for the starting role? I know they have solid jv goalies and some good bantams, but I don't know how close they are to sprang
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

puckstopper33 wrote:Is there anyone at benilde that can challenge sprang for the starting role? I know they have solid jv goalies and some good bantams, but I don't know how close they are to sprang
BSM has a Bantam team? :lol:
Toomuchtoosoon

Post by Toomuchtoosoon »

BSM has a Bantam team?
It has several:

Edina
Armstrong
Wayzata
EP
Minneapolis
SLP
green4

Post by green4 »

O-townClown wrote:Half-dozen posts and nobody asked where Quale is playing?

Okay. I will.

Where is he playing?

i was told he was going to go to school at Hopkins this year but again not sure if he will be aloud to play hockey
blueblood

bsm

Post by blueblood »

they also have a JV team over at Blake
skipperj

Post by skipperj »

That is a funny one TooMuchTooSoon :D
I love good humor
Vapor

Post by Vapor »

Toomuchtoosoon wrote:
BSM has a Bantam team?
It has several:

Edina
Armstrong
Wayzata
EP
Minneapolis
SLP
That is an awesome post !
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

SWPREZ- still bitter I see? JV goalies did have decent year last year but Sprang is at a much higher level.
auld_skool

Post by auld_skool »

mngopherfan wrote:
Jecha Graduated...
Sorry, didn't know that. Anyone know where he's going next?
PuckLife

Post by PuckLife »

Pretty sure Sprang has the job, unless another goalie comes in
Doc Holliday

Post by Doc Holliday »

Toomuchtoosoon wrote:
It has several:

Edina
Armstrong
Wayzata
EP
Minneapolis
SLP
Wimbledon Judge: "Game, Set, Match.....Toomuchtoosoon."
SWPrez

Post by SWPrez »

auld_skool wrote:
mngopherfan wrote:
Jecha Graduated...
@auld_skool

US National Bandy Team.

After the season ended last year he was asked to workout with an NAHL team but declined. The path for goalies after high school is crazy (just look at Fons, Shibrowski, etc.). Anders did not want to go down that path and wanted to focus on his education. A great thing about BSM is they have the kids get their college applications in, regardless of future plans. He had been accepted at most of the top MIAC schools and will be attending Saint John's. A healthy choice.

He worked out all summer with NA and USHL kids, but has lost the love for the game and is following his heart. He played US Indoor Bandy League this summer against NHL, AHL, Euro-Pro's, D1 and D3 players and really enjoyed it. He is going to go to college and play bandy when he can. If the love comes back, maybe he'll play hockey.

@ minnscout - I summoned you above as you are the goalie guy that knows all at BSM. As I mentioned to you in a PM last year, as a goalie guy for Advanced Programs and the Elite League as well as someone with an inside channel to Coach Pauly, I was disappointed in things you posted here. Bitter, no; disappointed, yes.
auld_skool

Post by auld_skool »

SWPrez wrote:
@auld_skool

US National Bandy Team.

After the season ended last year he was asked to workout with an NAHL team but declined. The path for goalies after high school is crazy (just look at Fons, Shibrowski, etc.). Anders did not want to go down that path and wanted to focus on his education.

Thanks SWPrez, he's a great young man and I sure wish him all the best.
minnscout

Post by minnscout »

Indoor bandy is a fantastic game. I played some indoor bandy in Sweden and its really alot of fun. Has not caught on in US like it has in Europe. In Sweden its super popular and played @ the pro level and has Elite leagues just like how the hockey program is run in Sweden.
SWPrez

Post by SWPrez »

minnscout wrote:Indoor bandy is a fantastic game. I played some indoor bandy in Sweden and its really alot of fun. Has not caught on in US like it has in Europe. In Sweden its super popular and played @ the pro level and has Elite leagues just like how the hockey program is run in Sweden.
Minnscout, you may be thinking innebandy, or floorball. Like cosom hockey for us old timers. Definitely a great game and fun.

The indoor bandy league here in the states is a 4v4 game on a full sheet....no offsides. Wide open. This year's league had Jack Hillen, Jamie McBain, another Carolina Panther, Mike Carmon, several dozen D1 and D3 current and past stars (goalies in the league included Shibrowski (UofMN), Howe (CC), Lindgren (StCS), Jecha, Kraska (Gustavus Alum)). All of them play because it is fun and it gives them a break from hockey.

Here is the most recent US National Team playing in Almaty, Kazakhstan in the 2012 World Championships. A bunch of D1 and D3 guys (and former MN High school stars) people will recognize:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4oZX7C5 ... r_embedded

I know this is a BSM thread, but adding this in.