State Tournament Renewals

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Doc Holliday

State Tournament Renewals

Post by Doc Holliday » Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:29 am

Got my renewal notice in the mail this week, so I'm excited. But wondering about the upgrade process. They sent a sheet explaining a little bit about upgrading, but it seems that the whole process has a lot to be desired.

You send in your renewal to Xcel ticket office, but do they handle the season ticket process or is it the high school league? I'm guessing it's the MSHSL because I imagine Xcel would have the technology to make it easy to switch or to search potential seat locations. For example, when you inquire about a seat upgrade/relocation for Gopher football, your current seats are yours until you fully decide to switch seats. From my understanding, it appears that if you request an upgrade, your seats will change if the request is available without the option between those new seats or keeping your old ones.

THe upgrade sheet says Due to time constraints with a season ticket holder membership of nearly 4500, we will not be able to speak with individual season ticket holders during the relocation process. You will not be contacted with your new seat location. Why would this be so difficult? Why can't the high school league look at how the seat relocation process for Gopher hockey & football process was done & the technology that was used for that? Why not talk to the Wild regarding how they process seat changes? It seems to me that they simply don't want to deal with it & look for the easiest, least amount of work possible way of doing anything regarding season ticket holders.

Rant over....I'll still be there in March. Just wish that they would make the upgrade process much more fan friendly.

East Side Pioneer Guy

Post by East Side Pioneer Guy » Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:52 pm

You are setting the bar way too high for public school administrators. They take years to make small, sensible changes to the way they do business.

I am far from a small government conservative and I do not at all mean to divert this to anyone's political ranting, but they have no concept of market discipline.

At the Xcel during the state tournament, by MSHSL orders, a 60 year old woman paying $4 for a Coke is not allowed to keep the cap for her soda bottle. Because apparently she may chuck that baby off the upper deck.

Don't ever expect their decisions to make sense.

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Sat Sep 22, 2012 9:55 am

East Side Pioneer Guy wrote:At the Xcel during the state tournament, by MSHSL orders, a 60 year old woman paying $4 for a Coke is not allowed to keep the cap for her soda bottle. Because apparently she may chuck that baby off the upper deck.
Don't have to worry about the 60 year-old lady, but where do you draw the line? I can practically guarantee that some stupid kid (sitting with his buddies) would try to throw his bottle cap onto the ice. Then the kid next to him would try to throw his a little further! I suppose the MSHSL could implement a "Show Your ID To Keep Your Bottle Cap" policy and if you're 60 or over they let you keep it. Maybe just if you're female. :wink: