Breck

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

hockey _lover99

Breck

Post by hockey _lover99 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:56 pm

Breck will be a powerhouse this year.. Once again. Colford and Lindstrom will be leading the team as Seniors and they also have good Juniors. especially Orke who was leading JV scorer in the state last year. I believe Lindstrom has a younger brother who is a Sophomore who is big and strong. Four new freshman went there this fall. All of them to be really good in the next years. Ellingson from Spring Lake Park, Blake from Champlin Park, Scott from Burnsville, and Paulson from Russel Stover. The Mustangs goalie, junior Johnson, is a brick wall in net. Watch out for Breck in the State Tourney in March. (Found info on upperclassmen on the Hub, heard from people about the Freshmen.)

Any other Private School team with new up-and-comers?

Bluewhitefan

Re: Breck

Post by Bluewhitefan » Fri Oct 05, 2012 2:58 pm

hockey _lover99 wrote:Orke who was leading JV scorer in the state last year.
There are JV stats somewhere??? :shock:

mgrockswayzata

Post by mgrockswayzata » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:10 pm

Leading Class A JV scorer in the state? Congrats!!

Our Bantam A team would hammer Breck's JV team

bchlhockey

Post by bchlhockey » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:18 pm

Breck will have one of the best lines in the state with seniors Colford, Lindstrom and O'Connor. Will be a little light on defense with only juniors Haeg and Wiitala returning. Goalie situation is the big unknown as the top goalie has graduated.

rainier

Post by rainier » Fri Oct 05, 2012 3:28 pm

Will Breck even be a top 5 Class A team this year? They lost a TON to graduation (and the WHL). Even if these top freshmen are very good, no way they are beating STA.

I see STA, Totino, Hermantown, Duluth Marshall, and SC-Cathedral all being better than Breck. Maybe even EGF or Hibbing too.

Didn't Breck catch a huge break by having two top players from Blake transfer to BSM?

mgrockswayzata

Post by mgrockswayzata » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:02 pm

Breck will not be a powerhouse this year. Last year they had an outstanding team that was a top 10 team (Class AA or A). Best team in Class A for sure
but couldn't bury the biscuit against the STA goalie at state.

STA will dominate Class A this year as they will be very very good.
Everyone in Class A is playing for 2nd place.

hockey _lover99

Post by hockey _lover99 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:10 pm

I agree, STA will be very good. I believe Breck will be in top 5 and give STA competition. Totino is not going to be strong neither is Blake. Marshall and SC-Cathedral won't be that good. Not enough for a trip to State.

Breck will go to State easily and then it could be tough. Haeg and Wiitala are both good. Ellingson, Blake, and Scott could be the next Lindstrom, Colford, O'Connor line. Keep an eye on them. Johnson like I said, will be a good fit for Breck these next two years and will be noticeable.

MG Bantam A would not be able to beat them although it would be a good game.

hockey _lover99

Post by hockey _lover99 » Fri Oct 05, 2012 4:16 pm

"mgrockswayzata"...

Please stop ripping Class A. A lot of Class A teams could easily beat Maple Grove. So calm down.

HawkeyPower

Post by HawkeyPower » Fri Oct 05, 2012 8:43 pm

hockey _lover99 wrote:"mgrockswayzata"...

Please stop ripping Class A. A lot of Class A teams could easily beat Maple Grove. So calm down.
I beleive he is saying that St, Thomas will win it all and everyone else is fighting for second place.
And if you think Marshall and St. Cloud Cathedral will not be good you are mistaken, Marshall will be at State again and Cathedral has a great chance to knock Hermantown off in the Section 5 finals.

rainier

Post by rainier » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:28 pm

HawkeyPower wrote:

I beleive he is saying that St, Thomas will win it all and everyone else is fighting for second place.
And if you think Marshall and St. Cloud Cathedral will not be good you are mistaken, Marshall will be at State again and Cathedral has a great chance to knock Hermantown off in the Section 5 finals.
Agreed, STA should roll easily to the title, if they dont slip up against Totino, who gave them all they could handle last year in the section final.

I wouldn't stamp Marshall's ticket to St. Paul just yet. They lost a lot to graduation; guys like Peterson, Bushey, Goteleare, etc. won't be easy to replace. Hibbing will be better this season and while Marshall will have an edge in overall talent, Hibbing will be a very experienced team that will be adding a couple young stars of their own. I expect the two teams to play another tight game in the 7A final.

Just to stay on topic, Breck will be solid, but nowhere near last season.

HawkeyPower

Post by HawkeyPower » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:41 pm

rainier wrote:
HawkeyPower wrote:

Agreed, STA should roll easily to the title, if they dont slip up against Totino, who gave them all they could handle last year in the section final.

I wouldn't stamp Marshall's ticket to St. Paul just yet. They lost a lot to graduation; guys like Peterson, Bushey, Goteleare, etc. won't be easy to replace. Hibbing will be better this season and while Marshall will have an edge in overall talent, Hibbing will be a very experienced team that will be adding a couple young stars of their own. I expect the two teams to play another tight game in the 7A final.

Just to stay on topic, Breck will be solid, but nowhere near last season.
I would love to see a competitive section 7A final. Hope you are right.

Zamman

Post by Zamman » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:54 am

Fact is they need to step up with STA and play AA. Pulling kids from all over is a reason for Privates in metro areas to play AA.
Not ripping just saying. No respect till you move the AA tournament.
My team did that and survived, HM has been there forever, BSM did that and they survived.
Breck, Black, STA all have an unfair advantage that should be addressed...

Oh by the way, most of the respect is on this board. We all know these kids are good players, not ripping the kids.

Goldy23

Post by Goldy23 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:30 pm

The Mustangs will do just fine this year in their conference, and may even be favorites to make it to state again this year. I do however agree that STA is without question the team to beat this year in class A. The Breck team is good, but nowhere as deep as its been in the past 5 years.

As for moving up.....The answer is a one tier 16 team tourney. It's the only way to really determine a true State Champion while still getting 16 teams a chance in St. Paul.