Holy Angels????

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Zamman

Post by Zamman » Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:58 am

Edgy wrote:I could be wrong but think Holy Angles and Prior Lake play each other in the Schwanz Cup this year - that could be an important game when seeding rolls around.
The only way AHA and PL play is if they meet in the consolation championship or the championship.

Oh AHA lost to Chanhassen last year also....Correct Blueblood?

blueblood

AHA

Post by blueblood » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:33 am

Yes, Z. You are correct.

lincolnbears

Post by lincolnbears » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:43 am

Big game for the Stars tonight against Eden Prairie. It will be a good measuring stick to see where this team is at.

Zamman

Post by Zamman » Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:53 pm

lincolnbears wrote:Big game for the Stars tonight against Eden Prairie. It will be a good measuring stick to see where this team is at.
No predictions, but AHA has always played EP pretty good. This will be fun. I have to work it. See you there...

urban iceman

Post by urban iceman » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:20 pm

Listen2me wrote:
HockeyGuy952 wrote:They were young, but with Stars like Mork and Bianchi any loss in the Missota is bad, New Prague beat them for the first time in over a decade :shock:
They did lose to NP, without starting goalie.
More excuses :roll:

Listen2me

Post by Listen2me » Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:47 pm

urban iceman wrote:
Listen2me wrote:
HockeyGuy952 wrote:They were young, but with Stars like Mork and Bianchi any loss in the Missota is bad, New Prague beat them for the first time in over a decade :shock:
They did lose to NP, without starting goalie.
More excuses :roll:
Lost to Chan was without starting goalie as well.

Metrohockeyfan

Post by Metrohockeyfan » Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:54 pm

Saw the final score was 6-5 EP. Any summary zamman?

Zamman

Post by Zamman » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:16 am

Metrohockeyfan wrote:Saw the final score was 6-5 EP. Any summary zamman?
I thought it was a good game. EP outshot AHA 2 -1. The shots were like 51 - 26....
First period was pretty tight with the exception of the shots. AHA had many chances to take a lead, EP had a 4 on 1 at one point and did not score. Period ended at 0 - 0.
Second period EP got two quick ones, I missed then, I had to sharpen someones skates. Then AHA got one back. EP came back down and scored it right back then added two more before the end of the period. 5-2 after two.
Third period, when all hope seemed to stop, the Stars came out. got to 5 - 4. AHA pulled their goalie and EP got an empty-netter. But AHA came back down and got one back.
Although EP outshot them, AHA kept fighting and getting their chances.
AHA got a major in the second and only gave up one goal and also killed off a 5 on 3.
There was a lot of hitting out there and some tempers flared, but a fun game. I have to say the intensity by AHA was the best I have seen in three years. People may disagree with me....

HockeyGuy952

Post by HockeyGuy952 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:16 pm

I thought it was a good game. The goalie for AHA did better then expected. The D was horrible, I think prior lake will beat them easy. Frankie Mork looked horrible he didn't play any D and couldn't score or get a good shot off.

HockeyGuy952

Post by HockeyGuy952 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:19 pm

Also I noticed kids that played last week on JV weren't even dressed? Zam? anything to say?

Wasilla

Post by Wasilla » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:30 pm

HockeyGuy952 wrote:Also I noticed kids that played last week on JV weren't even dressed? Zam? anything to say?
What does that comment mean? that they shortened the AHA V bench? how was the JV match up?

The Best in the Bizz3

Post by The Best in the Bizz3 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:37 pm

EP was definitely overpowering offensively last night. That was expected though, it was a first big test for the stars plus they are pretty young. Second line consisted of three sophomores. As far as the D, they are very inexperienced withe the exception of Mork, who controls the pace when he is out there. The goaltending however was great and kept the stars in the game. Overall, good game but this is just a building block for the stars who host BSM on Thursday.
The best, period

starmvp

Post by starmvp » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:48 pm

HockeyGuy952 wrote:I thought it was a good game. The goalie for AHA did better then expected. The D was horrible, I think prior lake will beat them easy. Frankie Mork looked horrible he didn't play any D and couldn't score or get a good shot off.
I find it very sad that you would come on here to bash a player.... I was at the Wayzata Duluth East game earlier yesterday before I decided to check out the EP game. The pace was much better at the EP-AHA game. Goaltending for AHA surprised me. As for Mork, he was on the ice for %75 of the game, shut down countless rushes by Spinner's line and he was out there for all of Holy Angel's goals setting up 2 or 3 of them, he controlled the game. Seems like you have something against the kid. AHA has basically one line that does the scoring so I think it will be tough for them to beat big teams. If EP can get their defense straightened out and combine the right players up front, I see them making a big impact at the end of the season.

SuperStar

Post by SuperStar » Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:59 pm

Went to the game. I thought Frankie Mork did a great job, he was out there for a TON of time..Tough to "control" EP's 1st line by yourself on D....And once the game worn on, Mork , Bianchi, Haeg really started to connect and made some great plays and passes - looked good.

The game MVP did belong to Zach Mains(sp) in nets for the Stars, he made some unreal saves and alot of them. Could have been easily 10-2 after the 2nd - if it wasn't for him.

But EP did bring it and brought hard and controlled the play for the 1st and 2nd for sure! Spinner, Snuggerud, Bergh and Co. looked very good passing, shooting and overall play.

Nuts&Bolts

Post by Nuts&Bolts » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:28 pm

What's the issue with EP's defensive play? Don't they have at least a couple of D1 commitments playing D? Did there coach in the "Elite" league (who coaches at EP) not rectify this stuff in the elite pre-season? :roll:

The Best in the Bizz3

Post by The Best in the Bizz3 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:43 pm

The ep d was shaky but some credit is due to aha. The first line and Mork created many scoring chances through out the game
The best, period

Metrohockeyfan

Post by Metrohockeyfan » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:28 pm

Who were the D pairings/goaltender for EP?

The Best in the Bizz3

Post by The Best in the Bizz3 » Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Metrohockeyfan wrote:Who were the D pairings/goaltender for EP?
Warner, snuggerud
Theilman, Leddy
The best, period

Edgy

Re: AHA

Post by Edgy » Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:56 pm

blueblood wrote:Yes, Z. You are correct.
......Better double check the schedule

HockeyGuy952

Post by HockeyGuy952 » Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:56 pm

starmvp wrote:
HockeyGuy952 wrote:I thought it was a good game. The goalie for AHA did better then expected. The D was horrible, I think prior lake will beat them easy. Frankie Mork looked horrible he didn't play any D and couldn't score or get a good shot off.
I find it very sad that you would come on here to bash a player.... I was at the Wayzata Duluth East game earlier yesterday before I decided to check out the EP game. The pace was much better at the EP-AHA game. Goaltending for AHA surprised me. As for Mork, he was on the ice for %75 of the game, shut down countless rushes by Spinner's line and he was out there for all of Holy Angel's goals setting up 2 or 3 of them, he controlled the game. Seems like you have something against the kid. AHA has basically one line that does the scoring so I think it will be tough for them to beat big teams. If EP can get their defense straightened out and combine the right players up front, I see them making a big impact at the end of the season.
I have nothing against the kid from what I have heard he's a great kid but, what I've seen not just against ep but in general he likes to rush the puck too much and can't score on the better teams. Also AHA shortened the varsity bench had them play JV and some JV kids didn't even get to dress. Is that normal?

east hockey
Site Admin

Post by east hockey » Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:29 pm

HockeyGuy952 wrote:
starmvp wrote:
I have nothing against the kid from what I have heard he's a great kid but, what I've seen not just against ep but in general he likes to rush the puck too much and can't score on the better teams. Also AHA shortened the varsity bench had them play JV and some JV kids didn't even get to dress. Is that normal?
Starmvp gave you a fairly obvious hint. Take it.

Lee
Message Board arsonist since 2005
Egomaniac since 2006

HockeyGuy952

Post by HockeyGuy952 » Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:32 am

What is wrong with these guys? I've enjoyed watching them previous years but why can't they produce with at least a decent team

Edgy

Re: AHA

Post by Edgy » Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:22 am

blueblood wrote:Yes, Z. You are correct.
Sorry - I had my info wrong - you are correct..