Top 5 Best Uni's in HS

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Titfortat

Top 5 Best Uni's in HS

Post by Titfortat »

What program has the best home and away uniforms in HS hockey?

1. Greyhounds
2. BSM
3. Warroad
4. Grand Rapids
5. Edina
Shinbone_News

Re: Top 5 Best Uni's in HS

Post by Shinbone_News »

Titfortat wrote:What program has the best home and away uniforms in HS hockey?

1. Greyhounds
2. BSM
3. Warroad
4. Grand Rapids
5. Edina
Ugh, cross Grand Rapids off this list.

Add Cloquet, which was recently up for best jersey in Minnesota over at the MN Wild website.

I like Roseau too. Hill-Murray's blacks are pretty wicked. In the Blue category, Tonka and Hibbing are classics.

Duluth East's third jersey -- the retro one -- as rolled out for Hockey Day Minneosta last year was really great.

How about the ugliest? Blaine regularly comes up with butt-ugly uniforms. Hermantown's are generally awful too. I want to like Burnsville and Apple Valley, but those browns just makes me think UPS.

Prior Lake's "Lakers" logo is intensely bad, IMO.

Pretty sick of the gopher's style block M as well -- Tonka, Mahtomedi, Mankato West all are offenders here
puckstopper33

Post by puckstopper33 »

My top 5
1)Theif River's Black
2)Duluth East's white
3)Maple Grove
4)STA white
5)Cloquet
The Best in the Bizz3

Post by The Best in the Bizz3 »

1. Edina Hornets White
2. Moorhead Black
3. Holy Angels Black
4. Duluth East Black
5. Cloquet Purple
The best, period
green4

Post by green4 »

Shinbone_News wrote:

1. Greyhounds
2. BSM
3. Warroad
4. Grand Rapids
5. Edina

Add Cloquet, which was recently up for best jersey in Minnesota over at the MN Wild website.

I like Roseau too. Hill-Murray's blacks are pretty wicked. In the Blue category, Tonka and Hibbing are classics.

Duluth East's third jersey -- the retro one -- as rolled out for Hockey Day Minneosta last year was really great.

How about the ugliest? Blaine regularly comes up with butt-ugly uniforms. Hermantown's are generally awful too. I want to like Burnsville and Apple Valley, but those browns just makes me think UPS.

Pretty sick of the gopher's style block M as well -- Tonka, Mahtomedi, Mankato West all are offenders here
im confused if you like tonka's jerseys
C-dad

Post by C-dad »

green4 wrote:
Shinbone_News wrote:

1. Greyhounds
2. BSM
3. Warroad
4. Grand Rapids
5. Edina

That's OK, he is too. :wink:
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

C-dad wrote:
green4 wrote:
Shinbone_News wrote: Ugh, cross Grand Rapids off this list.

That's OK, he is too. :wink:
I think he likes the BLUE color, but not the M. So, a good jersey is all about the color. :roll: As for ugliest, nothing comes close to CDH.
HockeyGuy952

Post by HockeyGuy952 »

The Best in the Bizz3 wrote:1. Edina Hornets White
2. Moorhead Black
3. Holy Angels Black
4. Duluth East Black
5. Cloquet Purple
Love the Holy Angels Black and the Duluth East Black!!
shotpassskate

Post by shotpassskate »

1. Duluth East, blacks
2. Edina, old school greens with Hornets on front
3. Roseau, whites
4. Warroad, blacks
5. BSM, whites
5. Holy Angels, blacks
5. Hill Murray, blacks
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

I notice that just about all of the jerseys mentioned are worn by the usual top-rated teams. So I'm just wondering, can the perennially weak teams have nice jerseys too? Or maybe it's the jerseys that cause them to lose so much? :?
Shinbone_News

Post by Shinbone_News »

MNHockeyFan wrote:I notice that just about all of the jerseys mentioned are worn by the usual top-rated teams. So I'm just wondering, can the perennially weak teams have nice jerseys too? Or maybe it's the jerseys that cause them to lose so much? :?
Not true, stop trolling.

I mentioned three or four solid programs with really ugly unis -- Hermantown. Blaine, AV, Burnsville. And weaker programs with nice unis -- Cloquet.

Greenway hasn't been competitive for a few years, and they've always had classy uniforms. Same with Eveleth. International Falls has sucked for the past decade, and yet the Broncs have very nice duds. Minneapolis, while starting to make some noise, is still no threat. Their MN Wild third-jersey knock-offs have inspired dozens of other copy-cats (like the MN Blades Brick team this year). Hopkins has nice trim, and they are permanent cellar-dwellers in D6.
MrBoDangles

Post by MrBoDangles »

MNHockeyFan wrote:I notice that just about all of the jerseys mentioned are worn by the usual top-rated teams. So I'm just wondering, can the perennially weak teams have nice jerseys too? Or maybe it's the jerseys that cause them to lose so much? :?
The Ely Wolves jersey is probably the best in the state.
MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan »

MrBoDangles wrote:The Ely Wolves jersey is probably the best in the state.
If they were, how would they ever lose a game? ;)
Sats81

Post by Sats81 »

1) 80s Jefferson Blue
2) 70s Grand Rapids Orange
3) 80s Burnsville Black
4) Edina Green
5) 80s/early 90s Hill Murray Green
Snap Happy

Post by Snap Happy »

Sats81 wrote:1) 80s Jefferson Blue
...of course you'd say that :roll: :)
oldschoolpuckster

Post by oldschoolpuckster »

Sats81 wrote:1) 80s Jefferson Blue
2) 70s Grand Rapids Orange
3) 80s Burnsville Black
4) Edina Green
5) 80s/early 90s Hill Murray Green
Is that with the matching black Cooperalls?! Those were sweet!!
hshockeyfan8

Post by hshockeyfan8 »

Love the Holy Angels khaki breezer covers, with the blue top. Along with the Baby blue Jags, will always be one of my favorites.
Slap Shot

Post by Slap Shot »

Loved the Tonka whites before they added black. Very crisp and love the "M".
Snap Happy

Post by Snap Happy »

My personal favorite is '93 Eden Prairie Black with the spread eagle that looks like a chicken hawk!
Shinbone_News

Post by Shinbone_News »

hshockeyfan8 wrote:Love the Holy Angels khaki breezer covers, with the blue top.
+1, although I prefer to call them "gold pants." That and the jersey that declares "Aha!" are almost enough to make me force my kid to be Catholic.

You have to be Catholic, right? :idea: :shock: :D
Granttenn

HM Black & Green are the best dark uni's

Post by Granttenn »

Hill Murray Black & Green are the best dark uni's although a North Dakota knockoff... Best whites/lights maybe Cloquet... Maple Grove uni's that they wore at Tourney were pretty good and you could see them better because they were usually going a little slower:).
almostashappy

Re: HM Black & Green are the best dark uni's

Post by almostashappy »

Granttenn wrote:Hill Murray Black & Green are the best dark uni's although a North Dakota knockoff...
I don't begrudge teams that save a few bucks by ordering knock-off jersey blanks that are based on NHL or college uni's. There's still room for some creativity...like putting a modified Florida Panther's logo onto a blank Vancouver Canucks jersey. :wink:
Roy01

Post by Roy01 »

I loved the old Edison Tommies jerseys in the mid-late 90's. Had the Buffalo Sabres knock off with the Florida Panthers logo. Definitely my favorite.
shotpassskate

Post by shotpassskate »

Shinbone_News wrote:
hshockeyfan8 wrote:Love the Holy Angels khaki breezer covers, with the blue top.
+1, although I prefer to call them "gold pants." That and the jersey that declares "Aha!" are almost enough to make me force my kid to be Catholic.

You have to be Catholic, right? :idea: :shock: :D
You can become Catholic at any point as long as you pay the yearly club fee. But the "AHA" front was some what cool the uniforms they wear in the early 2000's where the best, copy of the Quebec Nordiques. Looking forward to seeing what the new one's this year are like.
north_bear

Post by north_bear »

Rapids brought out a new jersey last year for a few games, I thought it looked really snazzy.

http://photosplusbyshannon.shutterfly.com/pictures/4902
Thunderhawk Fanatic!!