Suburban East

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

inthetwine

Suburban East

Post by inthetwine »

The Suburban East seems to be wide open this year, Thoughts?
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

I agree, its wide open.

Meaning.... it will be another down year for the conference.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

FL should be better then last year.
observer

Post by observer »

FL should be better then last year.
Interesting suggestion. Kohls and Franklin are a couple of very good players that are gone. Replacements that can produce coming on? Goaltending better than last year?
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

How about W.B.L., a down year?
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Top end not as good. D-much better Jack Schmidt is very good, Two or three others better then last years blueline. Forwards Parker/Gravalle/egle/Kilpela should provide scoring needed. Goalie will be a Jr started 1/2 the games last year. Talked to the JV coach[Bill Coleman] a couple days ago and they sound excited. No premadonas.
BodyShots

Post by BodyShots »

inthetwine wrote:How about W.B.L., a down year?
Offensively, I think they will struggle to score goals.
Defensively, without Carney, they only have one returning starter in Delaney. I see some weakness here.
Goaltending, they lost both starters to graduation. Not sure who will get the nod, but I know St. Martin is pretty good.

Keep in mind this Senior class didn't even make it to Regions as "A" Bantams.

They lost to Johnson in the first round of sections last year after leading 5-1. I would set their goals at making the second round in sections this year. But, then again, it is a weak SEC, so anything can happen.
idumpthepuck

Post by idumpthepuck »

White Bear should be the favorites this year. They have a great sophomore class led by Wahlin and Giller they both should help out the offense this year.
inthetwine

Post by inthetwine »

What happened to Carney?
BodyShots wrote:
inthetwine wrote:How about W.B.L., a down year?
Offensively, I think they will struggle to score goals.
Defensively, without Carney, they only have one returning starter in Delaney. I see some weakness here.
Goaltending, they lost both starters to graduation. Not sure who will get the nod, but I know St. Martin is pretty good.

Keep in mind this Senior class didn't even make it to Regions as "A" Bantams.

They lost to Johnson in the first round of sections last year after leading 5-1. I would set their goals at making the second round in sections this year. But, then again, it is a weak SEC, so anything can happen.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

He is playing in Montana or something like that.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

What about Eastridge/MV/CDH ?? Anyone?? I was thinking Eastridge kids have been playing varsity for 3 yrs. Woodbury had a 2nd place state Bantam team twm yrs ago.[I know w/Whalin]
Simpleton

Post by Simpleton »

old goalie85 wrote:What about Eastridge/MV/CDH ?? Anyone?? I was thinking Eastridge kids have been playing varsity for 3 yrs. Woodbury had a 2nd place state Bantam team twm yrs ago.[I know w/Whalin]
And Woodbury team 3 years ago won Bantams at state.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Yes so thats where I was going w/that. How good will Eastridge be. I would think a favorite.
almostashappy

Post by almostashappy »

Simpleton wrote:
old goalie85 wrote:What about Eastridge/MV/CDH ?? Anyone?? I was thinking Eastridge kids have been playing varsity for 3 yrs. Woodbury had a 2nd place state Bantam team twm yrs ago.[I know w/Whalin]
And Woodbury team 3 years ago won Bantams at state.
Too bad that Bantam A team got split up 4 different ways between Woodbury, ER, HM, and the USHL. That said, I could see ER making the 3AA final. Can't see them going any further, though...it'll be Eagan (and their home jerseys) heading to the X next March. \:D/
Goalie-Dad

Post by Goalie-Dad »

For what it is worth, MV's bantam A went to the regional tourney and then finished 2nd in the VFW state tourney. They had 2 kids playing in the elite league this fall. This year's MV senior class has mostly stayed together (MV losses it's share of talented kids to privates schools).
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Makes sense, N Oaks.
BearsSensGophs

Post by BearsSensGophs »

Losing Carney is a bummer. How the goalies looking for the Bears this year? That's a question mark for sure.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

My squirt skated at Vadnais at 6;00 so I watched the end of the scrim/all of the goalie drills. They had like 9/10 goalies out there. Should be able to find one out of all of them.
Raider Nation Guy

Post by Raider Nation Guy »

Hastings won't win 4 conference games again. If you think they were bad last year wait tell they put this product on the ice. They have one average player in Koch and he's not any more than that. No goalie, 1 defensman and no forward that would play on a good High School team. I would think that Welch would be happy with another 6-8 win season. It seems to be the norm there now.
observer

Post by observer »

My squirt skated at Vadnais at 6;00
A lot of WBL chattter from you OG. What's up with all your time away from home (FL)?
DrGaf

Post by DrGaf »

observer wrote:
My squirt skated at Vadnais at 6;00
A lot of WBL chattter from you OG. What's up with all your time away from home (FL)?
living vicariously :P
Sorry, fresh out, Don't Really Give Any.
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

Just an interested neighbor. :lol:
old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 »

FL cutting tonight.
BearsSensGophs

Post by BearsSensGophs »

Anyone know when rosters will be up online?
BearsSensGophs

Post by BearsSensGophs »

http://www.mshsl.org/mshsl/showroster.a ... school=485

Bears roster is up.
Freshmen made the squad. I don't know anything about him. Pretty young team, but we knew that.