Shattuck Wins National Championship

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

observer

Post by observer » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:04 am

http://www.usahockey.com/Tournament/Tou ... ionID=1440

blueblood

Shalt tuck

Post by blueblood » Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:48 am

Most Minnesota hockey fans could care less about Shattuck, unless their kid plays there. [-(

2 sides

Re: Shalt tuck

Post by 2 sides » Tue Apr 03, 2012 7:35 am

blueblood wrote:Most Minnesota hockey fans could care less about Shattuck, unless their kid plays there. [-([/quote

Wow! You sound a "little" bitter or jealous. Anytime a hockey program wins as many " national " not just state titles as Shattuck does it is at least worthy of notice on this board. But then again "most" Minnesota hockey people don't understand how big Shattuck is in the national level of hockey. I would guess that all those that attend Shattuck are just fine with what they accomplish every year!
So no, I DO NOT have a child there or have any that wanted to go (they weren't good enough and we were knew that) but I do still think its pretty cool that we have a team known nationally like Shattuck in MN.

gopherpuck516

Post by gopherpuck516 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:50 am

I agree with 2 Sides, Shattuck is a great hockey program and the fact that they do so well on the national level is awesome. It's different from MN HS hockey in many ways, but it's still cool that they won the national title in their division.

blueblood

Shattuck

Post by blueblood » Sun Apr 08, 2012 10:47 pm

Anyone who has been on this board knows I have no ties to the shattuck program. I stated my opinion.

Take a look at the number of posts that talk about youth hockey, hs hockey, etc. <1% is about shattuck, because as I stated, no one in minny really cares.

ozzie679

Re: Shattuck

Post by ozzie679 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:31 pm

blueblood wrote:Anyone who has been on this board knows I have no ties to the shattuck program. I stated my opinion.

Take a look at the number of posts that talk about youth hockey, hs hockey, etc. <1% is about shattuck, because as I stated, no one in minny really cares.
SSM hockey should be insulted to be included in a high school hockey message board. They're that good.

4thlineproblems

Post by 4thlineproblems » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:27 pm

ozzie679 wrote:
blueblood wrote:Anyone who has been on this board knows I have no ties to the shattuck program. I stated my opinion.

SSM hockey should be insulted to be included in a high school hockey message board. They're that good.
They are good but they did tie Breck this year so i wouldnt say they are that good

homer87

Post by homer87 » Fri May 25, 2012 3:57 pm

Shattuck showing their power once again. A true hockey factory.

EHSHack

Post by EHSHack » Mon May 28, 2012 10:28 pm

ozzie679 wrote:

Then why dont they beat every MN High School team they play... :shock:
Go Hounds.

SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT » Tue May 29, 2012 3:16 pm

If the rest of the kids in the state (who have to play by MSHSL rules) also were allowed to play a 75 game schedule over 7 months of the year, SSM would have a ton more competition in Minnesota - guaranteed !

yaman

Post by yaman » Sat Nov 10, 2012 7:08 pm

I have no allegiance to them either but as a fan of great hockey I admire what they do. Anyone that knows anything about them will agree.

blueblood

Tamar

Post by blueblood » Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:30 pm

Little late to dance there aren't you Yaman?. This thread is 6 months old....

HappyHockeyFan

Post by HappyHockeyFan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:40 pm

Actually I think Shattuck's is a great program to have in our state, they might do things differently than our other high school programs but thats ok. They bring in and produce some great talent and are alot of fun to watch. As the "State of Hockey" we should be proud of and support all levels and variations of hockey programs in the state. Congrats to them ! Better late than never, and Blueblood I think your the only one who truly doesnt care about them, I think most others on this board are more open minded.
It's not the Best players, it's the Right players! HB

SPUDNUT

Post by SPUDNUT » Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:53 pm

BB is not alone on this - SSM shouldn't be allowed to play other high school teams since they DO NOT play by high school rules (schedule, recruiting, etc). As a result, they're a step above and it's exactly like the old days of Olympic Hockey when everybody could ONLY put amateur players on the ice except the Russians who said all their professional players were "students" & nobody could beat 'em - same thing !

MNHockeyFan

Post by MNHockeyFan » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:40 am

SPUDNUT wrote:BB is not alone on this - SSM shouldn't be allowed to play other high school teams since they DO NOT play by high school rules (schedule, recruiting, etc).
Totally disagree. If Minnesota high schools wish to challenge and schedule them, I say let them. Why impose an arbitrary "shouldn't be allowed to" rule when it's not absolutely needed?

From a fan's perspective, these match-ups can be very interesting and entertaining to watch. And from a top high school team's perspective, it helps them identify weaknesses that need to be worked on, while allowing the opportunity for our best high school players the challenge of going up against very formidable competition.

If anything, I wish we could schedule more games against SSM, as long as they and our very best teams would agree.

P.S. In no way would I support SSM being allowed to compete in section playoffs or for the State Tournament, for all the reasons mentioned.

Mailman

Post by Mailman » Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:20 am

SPUDNUT wrote:BB is not alone on this - SSM shouldn't be allowed to play other high school teams since they DO NOT play by high school rules (schedule, recruiting, etc). As a result, they're a step above and it's exactly like the old days of Olympic Hockey when everybody could ONLY put amateur players on the ice except the Russians who said all their professional players were "students" & nobody could beat 'em - same thing !
Yeah, because after all, all the MN high school teams adhere 100% to the rules and they're rigorously enforced by Mn hockey, etc. too !

Wait, what..................... :wink: