Scrimmage scores and summaries

Older Topics, Not the current discussion

Moderators: Mitch Hawker, east hockey, karl(east)

Edgy

Post by Edgy » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:37 pm

Centenial came back to beat eagan

Usthockey13

Post by Usthockey13 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:39 pm

East over Jefferson

MNhockey29

Post by MNhockey29 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 2:16 pm

Forest Lake 0-vs Cloquet 2.
Cloquet controlled the play a little more than FL. Garcia played very well, cloquets 2nd goal hit of FL d-man and went in. Cloquets 1st line dominated but no goals.

Forest Lake 0-vs. Stillwater 2

Forest Lake 2-vs. Hibbing 2..pretty even game

Edgy

Post by Edgy » Sat Nov 17, 2012 3:04 pm

Eden Prairie over Prior Lake

Sartellcelly

scores

Post by Sartellcelly » Sat Nov 17, 2012 4:29 pm

Edina 2, Andover 0

Edina 6, Roch. Century 0

Hounds53

and the 4th line.

Post by Hounds53 » Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:19 pm

The Best in the Bizz3 wrote:
HockeyWatcher10 wrote:
The Best in the Bizz3 wrote:WBL 2 AHA 0

Bears playing well with wahlen and delaney. Good depth but surprised by the stars who without Mork, Bianchi and Haeg (sitting out of tryouts) played very well and many will be surprised with the depth at the forward position this year. D were alright, goalies very good.
Who scored for the Bears?
I couldn't tell you, I'm fairly positive it was their 2nd or 3rd line players

TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:41 pm

Hey AF1; what happened in Moorhead?

green4

Re: scores

Post by green4 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:52 pm

Sartellcelly wrote:Edina 2, Andover 0

Edina 6, Roch. Century 0
is edina's defense looking good or no offense from the other teams? whats the story here?

Air Force 1

Post by Air Force 1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 7:00 am

TTpuckster wrote:Hey AF1; what happened in Moorhead?
I thought the Green Wave played very respectable against some of the best in the state. Opened against Breck, played most of the top lines and defensive pairs and a sophomore goalie and played great and hung with Breck. At the end, Breck had gotten three past the goaltender including one right at the end that also marked the end of the session. EGF got one passed the Breck tender. Next up was Benilde. EGF kept the top line and defensive pair out there but filtered in a few other players and the senior goaltender. Benidle took it to the boys the first 10 minutes with quick transition that yielded several breakaways including a couple 1 on 0s but the goalie kept them in it. EGF did get the first puck passed the goalie but soon after that, Benilde rattled off 7. This was a gritty fight and the EGF slot and crease saw plenty of scuffles. Let's face facts, Benilde is the best in the state, they are a junior team playing a high school schedule, EGF is a public school that is playing with kids that live in the district boundaries and represented very well. I like the Green Waves' chances this year. They closed out against St Cloud Cathedral. First thing I noticed was Cathedral's first line sitting in the stands but EGF pretty much went with the same lineup as the Benilde scrimmage but Cathedral was clearly playing the lower varsity and upper JV players. EGF pretty much came out and jumped on the Crusaders and really never let up. About halfway through the session, the Wave switched the senior goalie for the other sophomore but he was never really tested and EGF put the puck behind the Cathedral goalie nine times I think it was to only once for Cathedral. But, it was no secret to anybody in the building, this will NOT be the same Cathedral team the Wave will face in St. Cloud next Friday, read nothing into this scrimmage.

The Green Wave have a completely different look this year over the last two. They still have a potent first line and solid first pair, goaltending continues to look solid, but there did not seem to be as big a drop off after the first group. The team looks to have more quality depth through all 4 lines and have also kept 5 pairs of defense that seem up to the task.

Scrimmages at the Civic Center this Friday when EGF, Warroad, Fargo South, Fergus Falls, and Eastview will be in action.

TTpuckster

Post by TTpuckster » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:10 am

Air Force 1 wrote:
TTpuckster wrote:Hey AF1; what happened in Moorhead?
I thought the Green Wave played very respectable against some of the best in the state. Opened against Breck, played most of the top lines and defensive pairs and a sophomore goalie and played great and hung with Breck. At the end, Breck had gotten three past the goaltender including one right at the end that also marked the end of the session. EGF got one passed the Breck tender. Next up was Benilde. EGF kept the top line and defensive pair out there but filtered in a few other players and the senior goaltender. Benidle took it to the boys the first 10 minutes with quick transition that yielded several breakaways including a couple 1 on 0s but the goalie kept them in it. EGF did get the first puck passed the goalie but soon after that, Benilde rattled off 7. This was a gritty fight and the EGF slot and crease saw plenty of scuffles. Let's face facts, Benilde is the best in the state, they are a junior team playing a high school schedule, EGF is a public school that is playing with kids that live in the district boundaries and represented very well. I like the Green Waves' chances this year. They closed out against St Cloud Cathedral. First thing I noticed was Cathedral's first line sitting in the stands but EGF pretty much went with the same lineup as the Benilde scrimmage but Cathedral was clearly playing the lower varsity and upper JV players. EGF pretty much came out and jumped on the Crusaders and really never let up. About halfway through the session, the Wave switched the senior goalie for the other sophomore but he was never really tested and EGF put the puck behind the Cathedral goalie nine times I think it was to only once for Cathedral. But, it was no secret to anybody in the building, this will NOT be the same Cathedral team the Wave will face in St. Cloud next Friday, read nothing into this scrimmage.

The Green Wave have a completely different look this year over the last two. They still have a potent first line and solid first pair, goaltending continues to look solid, but there did not seem to be as big a drop off after the first group. The team looks to have more quality depth through all 4 lines and have also kept 5 pairs of defense that seem up to the task.

Scrimmages at the Civic Center this Friday when EGF, Warroad, Fargo South, Fergus Falls, and Eastview will be in action.
Nice, thanks for the update.
I'm looking forward to the upcoming season.

Scout716

Post by Scout716 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:01 am

I retract my opinion

hshockeyfan8

Post by hshockeyfan8 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Anyone have any summaries of the scrimmages in Eden Prairie? Who looked good, who scored, who had good goaltending etc.?

shotpassskate

Post by shotpassskate » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:40 pm

Any info on what happened in Elk River? How did the teams look?

Wallyworld

Hill Maybe Not So Much

Post by Wallyworld » Mon Nov 19, 2012 4:50 pm

Hill Maybe Not So Much

Looks like Lechner has SSM transfer Slattery playing D when the initial word on street was that he wanted him on O - and naturally, most of us were penciling him in at C with Lavalle and Brown. Both Lavalle and Brown were wings last year with Guentzel in the middle so C isn't a great fit for either (my opinion). However, in the scrimmages, the first line was Brown centering Lavalle and Tyler Funk, who only scored in 2 regular season games last year while anchoring the 3rd line..

Definitely changes my outlook and the firepower of the first line.. Also heard that the scrimmages exposed how thin Hill is at D and how much they miss the early departed Blake Heinrich...

The lone bright spot, besides G Dugas putting up two 0's, was that the second line looked really good with Zach Mills, Colton Greeder, & French... Still hoping that Slattery makes it up to the first line O as that would give us 1 dominant line and one very good line... Much like last year - which seemed to work pretty well..

Either way, I would have Hill rated in the 8 or 9 spot going into the season..

If things stay as they are I could easily see Hill going 2-5 in first 7 games with losses to B'ville, Eagan, & BSM, STA, & WBL and victories over LVS & SSP...Or maybe 3-4 but I think people will be surprised early on.. Only the great Dugas could pull out an extra win or two from that prediction....

Pioneerprideguy

Post by Pioneerprideguy » Mon Nov 19, 2012 5:50 pm

Anyone have Hill's roster?

BodyShots

Re: Hill Maybe Not So Much

Post by BodyShots » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:19 am

Wallyworld wrote:Also heard that the scrimmages exposed how thin Hill is at D and how much they miss the early departed Blake Heinrich...

The lone bright spot, besides G Dugas putting up two 0's.

If things stay as they are I could easily see Hill going 2-5 in first 7 games with losses to B'ville, Eagan, & BSM, STA, & WBL and victories over LVS & SSP...Or maybe 3-4 but I think people will be surprised early on.. Only the great Dugas could pull out an extra win or two from that prediction....
Sounds like a contradiction there, thin defense, but the goalie putting up two 0's.

No way HM loses to a young and inexperienced WBL club, seems like they never lose to STA, and Eagan didn't sound real good in their scrimmages. I can easily see HM 5-2 in their first 7 with a good chance to beat B'ville and finishing 6-1.

old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:25 am

Hill will beat the WBL sophs.

almostashappy

Post by almostashappy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 11:44 am

BodyShots wrote: No way HM loses to a young and inexperienced WBL club, seems like they never lose to STA, and Eagan didn't sound real good in their scrimmages.
As was emphasized upthread (and/or corresponding threads), predictions based on results of last weekend's scrimmages should be taken with a mountain of sodium chloride. Most of the teams were playing four lines equally, and/or sitting top lines, trying out back-up goalies, winnowing 4th line prospects, etc., etc. And at the EP scrimmages, you had four or five games where one team was playing back-to-back scrimmages against an opponent that was either playing first game of the day, or had an hour break in between scrimmages (Funny how EP was the only team that didn't have to play back-to-back :wink: )

But hey, go ahead...bet the farm on Eagan not being good this year based on the scrimmage results. Or better yet, find me in the stands when Hill plays Eagan and bet cash on the outcome. It'll be easy to spot me...I'll be the guy who is still rolling his eyes. :roll:

mriccihockey

Post by mriccihockey » Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:59 pm

BodyShots wrote:
Wallyworld wrote:Also heard that the scrimmages exposed how thin Hill is at D and how much they miss the early departed Blake Heinrich...

The lone bright spot, besides G Dugas putting up two 0's.

Sounds like a contradiction there, thin defense, but the goalie putting up two 0's.

No way HM loses to a young and inexperienced WBL club, seems like they never lose to STA, and Eagan didn't sound real good in their scrimmages. I can easily see HM 5-2 in their first 7 with a good chance to beat B'ville and finishing 6-1.
Hill more often starts slow so, 2 -5 could be a reality. However the rest of the teams in those first games will be down as well. The first B'ville scrimmage tied Holy Family 0-0. Holy Family has a great goalie this year too. I agree with those saying you can't read too much into the pre-season scrimmages. If Hills first line was from last year’s varsity and their second line JV, I bet they played together all last year on JV as a line, so it is only logical that they will have a faster start than the other lines. Since it sounds from other comment threads that Hill may be a little weak on defense (or at least depth), it only makes sense that the coach would be going back and forth on Slattery playing forward or defense. Only two reasons you leave SSM - Money or you can't make the high end Prep Team? If his penalty minutes precede him they will surely be at a disadvantage. I bet the results are 5-2 to start. I think Hill has young D coming up with Skill. Let’s see if they can put it together.

pioneers

Post by pioneers » Tue Nov 20, 2012 1:53 pm

Pioneerprideguy wrote:Anyone have Hill's roster?
It is now posted on the mshsl website. I see that he listed Slattery as a forward.
Pioneers 1983, 1991 and 2008 State Champions

northwoods oldtimer

Post by northwoods oldtimer » Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:22 pm

almostashappy wrote:
BodyShots wrote: No way HM loses to a young and inexperienced WBL club, seems like they never lose to STA, and Eagan didn't sound real good in their scrimmages.
As was emphasized upthread (and/or corresponding threads), predictions based on results of last weekend's scrimmages should be taken with a mountain of sodium chloride. Most of the teams were playing four lines equally, and/or sitting top lines, trying out back-up goalies, winnowing 4th line prospects, etc., etc. And at the EP scrimmages, you had four or five games where one team was playing back-to-back scrimmages against an opponent that was either playing first game of the day, or had an hour break in between scrimmages (Funny how EP was the only team that didn't have to play back-to-back :wink: )

But hey, go ahead...bet the farm on Eagan not being good this year based on the scrimmage results. Or better yet, find me in the stands when Hill plays Eagan and bet cash on the outcome. It'll be easy to spot me...I'll be the guy who is still rolling his eyes. :roll:
Over hyped and over rated on this board :wink: Drinking the same kool aid as the 'foreskin' and 'rabid' up nord.

old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:01 pm

Now hockey season has started. Northwoods is back. =D>

old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 7:49 am

St Thomas/Cent/Forest Lake today @ FL.

bemused

Post by bemused » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:43 am

old goalie85 wrote:St Thomas/Cent/Forest Lake today @ FL.
OG,
Any idea what time they start?

old goalie85

Post by old goalie85 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:53 am

FL/STA @ 3:30-Cent/STA -FL/Cent. 1hr each.